Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I'd create a conversation thread about the virus spreading around our nation and world. Please post up comments about your situation or any story you may have on it. Tips you can offer or how it's directly impacting your lives. Please let's keep politics out of it and just try to be positive and post up some good info or stories.

I'm piggy backing off another thread that has gotten derailed and has turn political.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
So if you haven't read in the other thread yet my job has got two confirmed cases, one being a direct employee and another being a employees wife. We are waiting on another test to come back on another employee who is at home running a fever and coughing and feeling pretty crappy in general. His test should be back today or tomorrow. As for us we are still running strong with about half of the employees here deciding it's not worth the risk and they are staying home which isn't affecting their employment but they are being forced to use sick time and then vacation time. My manager has said he will not close the doors unless the CDC or Health Dept or government forces him to.

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I ordered my new wheels and tires over 3 weeks ago when none of this was even an issue. I had to pick them up yesterday from the local Fedex warehouse and it was the first time I'd actually been out of the house for about a week.

It was really erie being on the quiet roads and I was pretty nervous going into the office to drop the paperwork. I stood far away from the few people working there. Anyway it sucked that such an exciting thing as picking up new wheels really made me kinda nervous and wasnt really enjoyable. I hope this shit passes soon although I know we're going to feel the repercussions for years :(

Stay safe everyone.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my new wheels and tires over 3 weeks ago when none of this was even an issue. I had to pick them up yesterday from the local Fedex warehouse and it was the first time I'd actually been out of the house for about a week.

It was really erie being on the quiet roads and I was pretty nervous going into the office to drop the paperwork. I stood far away from the few people working there. Anyway it sucked that such an exciting thing as picking up new wheels really made me kinda nervous and wasnt really enjoyable. I hope this shit passes soon although I know we're going to feel the repercussions for years :(

Stay safe everyone.
Good for you for being cautious. This things crazy. I myself haven't had to deal with any shipping issues yet but I am dealing with this virus on a pretty direct level. I'm hoping also that it passes quick, but my gut keeps telling me we may be in for quite a ride before this things done. Stay safe as well!!!!

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
from my daughter who is an ER nurse:
America,

We are here for you. We are showing up for you day and night, with open arms and hands ready to help you. While you are safely quarantining at home we are gearing up for another day of battling a largely unknown enemy. We are the front line- the nurses, doctors, EVS, techs, security, EMS, firefighters who are putting in heroic efforts to fight this virus, sometimes with less than ideal protection.

I ask you from the bottom of my heart, please, please take the warnings seriously. Practice social distancing. Stay home unless absolutely necessary. We need to work together and do our part to #flattenthecurve. No, the virus won’t seriously affect everyone. If you aren’t worried about yourself, please consider your grandparents, the friend with respiratory conditions like asthma, your neighbor who is immunosuppressed.

These times are scary, and healthcare workers aren’t immune to these fears. Let’s do what we can now to slow the spread of this virus and prevent overwhelming the hospitals.

Through the fears, the tears and the unknowns please know we are here for you. We will fight for you. We will put ourselves on the line for you, please continue to do your part, so we can continue to do ours.

Love,

An ER nurse

Sponsored

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I haven't been on forums much but Monday at work they basically told us corporate management has decided that unless you are essential to the day to day operation of the refinery we don't want you here potentially being a carrier so GTFO and work from home until further notice. All projects shut down, almost all contractors removed from site, and most salary employees sent to work from home. So far I don't believe there have anyone tested positive so far in the company (not sure if anyone in the company have even been tested at this point). Though I did find out that another employee that works at the same site has symptoms and met all the criteria for a test so we shall see in a day or so. Also, just found out a good friend that works for a company that claims to have been prepared because of they lessons they learned from when they got hit pretty hard by Ebola when it went through now has multiple cases and he's been in close contact with more than one of them so he's likely to have picked it up.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
They are having a blood supply shortage here in NC. Offering medical employees $600 into their HSA accounts for giving blood. They said the amount being give had dropped drastically over the past 2 weeks. I could see this becoming a potential problem with more people testing positive and not being able to give blood. Plus the unemployment rate is steady rising. It's getting crazy, a steady trickle down affect going on now.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My operations manager came back positive as well today. Los like we are headed for a 14 day quarantine. I had direct contact with him over a number of days. Not showing any signs but want to be Smart and safe about it. We will see how the company handles it.

Gray_Bison

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBZ Duramax, Q5 Quattro 2.0T
Occupation
Maintenance Lead
I got the call last night from my manager that we were on a 4 week shutdown. After a bunch of meetings we are reopening on Monday to a limited capacity. But our corporate and local management are taking it seriously. Our plant manager was ready to send people home yesterday for not maintaining the 6' space during breaks. My plant has been affect since January because we have plants worldwide including China. My wife is a private school teacher and her principle isn't taking it serious at all. Said he will when he see's the troops in the streets enforcing the stay at home acts.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My operations manager came back positive as well today. Los like we are headed for a 14 day quarantine. I had direct contact with him over a number of days. Not showing any signs but want to be Smart and safe about it. We will see how the company handles it.
Its been scary seeing all of your posts, I am just on the other side of Charlotte from you. So strange to here about this being this so close to home.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Its been scary seeing all of your posts, I am just on the other side of Charlotte from you. So strange to here about this being this so close to home.
Keep yourself and family safe, it's here now. We got to do our part.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got the call last night from my manager that we were on a 4 week shutdown. After a bunch of meetings we are reopening on Monday to a limited capacity. But our corporate and local management are taking it seriously. Our plant manager was ready to send people home yesterday for not maintaining the 6' space during breaks. My plant has been affect since January because we have plants worldwide including China. My wife is a private school teacher and her principle isn't taking it serious at all. Said he will when he see's the troops in the streets enforcing the stay at home acts.
That sucks, hopefully they will figure something out with the pay. As far as the principal at your wife's school, people like him are the reason it's spreading like it is. Our regional manager is mishandling this situation as well. As of this morning the Iredall county cases still stands at 2 which means on Wednesday he had to of known about our 3rd case now, that is if it doesn't update later this morning. My ops manager lives in Iredall and their 2nd case hit on Wednesday, so I am pretty sure that they are ours because two people that tested positive from my work live in Iredall, one in Mooresville, the other Statesville. If this turns out to be so then Our regional manager instead of telling is Wednesday let us finish out the week knowing we had 3 positive cases. I hope for his sakes that it isn't so because a number of our employees are now weighing their options and even going to seek legal advice after my conversation with them over the phone late last night. It's crazy because I feel helpless because of how our distribution center has handled this and people are looking to me for answers that I just don't know the answer to. This thing is getting scary now. Stay safe, do your part, we will all get through this.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That sucks, hopefully they will figure something out with the pay. As far as the principal at your wife's school, people like him are the reason it's spreading like it is. Our regional manager is mishandling this situation as well. As of this morning the Iredall county cases still stands at 2 which means on Wednesday he had to of known about our 3rd case now, that is if it doesn't update later this morning. My ops manager lives in Iredall and their 2nd case hit on Wednesday, so I am pretty sure that they are ours because two people that tested positive from my work live in Iredall, one in Mooresville, the other Statesville. If this turns out to be so then Our regional manager instead of telling is Wednesday let us finish out the week knowing we had 3 positive cases. I hope for his sakes that it isn't so because a number of our employees are now weighing their options and even going to seek legal advice after my conversation with them over the phone late last night. It's crazy because I feel helpless because of how our distribution center has handled this and people are looking to me for answers that I just don't know the answer to. This thing is getting scary now. Stay safe, do your part, we will all get through this.
It's a worldwide problem, brother, so you are not alone. You are obviously well informed and you are taking care of your people the best known way.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Governor of PA ordered all non-life sustaining businesses closed. Home builders, construction companies, accountants, law offices, insurance , financial advisers etc..
I think he did the right thing, but he deemed beer distributors life sustaining. That does not make sense. You can not close on a home, but you can get a case of beer

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Here’s how it’s being handled down here in Georgia.

Sponsored