Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Got my second vaccine last week. No symptoms. Arm soreness.
Did they tell you who made each of the doses you received? I would have expected some sort of reaction to the second dose, but you may be in better health.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Did they tell you who made each of the doses you received? I would have expected some sort of reaction to the second dose, but you may be in better health.
Morderna shows in the card they gave me. Second dose was way faster, routine. I was afraid of the symptoms but they never arrived. Sibling did have. Luck of draw? After a day I felt like I had oil changed. Revving to go. Maybe I'm cleaned up of gunk for the moment. I'm still expecting to do this every 6 months, until somebody disproves the need for currently vaccinated.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just an update on myself,

I haven't taken the vaccine and haven't been sick yet. We've had about 5 people at work test positive but no deaths yet. I also haven't had a flu shot in at least a couple decades. I've worked all throughout the pandemic though and tried to eat out as much as possible to help business.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I get my first vaccine the 24th. My dad got his, my grandparents got both doses.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
We were offered it through work because we are considered 1b. I declined. I just don't feel comfortable with so little testing done.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Got the first Moderna dose today. Arm is a little tender, otherwise no problems. My wife has had both doses and the second made her woozy and nauseous for just one day.

Cases and new deaths have been coming down here in AZ and we need it -- we are among the top 10 worst states. Hope the trend continues and hope enough folks get the vaccine to make this incredible effort worthwhile.

OP
OP
ZTMAN

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I got the second dose of Moderna March 9, no ill side effects.

Daughter got second does of Pfizer yesterday. So far no side effects.

Son scheduled to get second dose of Moderna on Saturday.

Parents got the second dose of Moderna March 9, no ill side effects.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
We were offered it through work because we are considered 1b. I declined. I just don't feel comfortable with so little testing done.
There have been years of testing. Covid is nothing new.....just THIS variation of it. The vaccines have nothing live in them, and can't do anything to harm the recipient. It just shows the body's immune system what it needs to build the response to, and gives it a head start. This is the technology which will be used for future viruses.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
From the friends that have gotten the virus and from myself and many others that have gotten the vaccine. You would rather risk the vaccine with only a few reported mild side effects than a virus that is causing long term problems and even lung transplants, and death.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
My parents and 89 year old mother in law took the vaccine and are fine. I still have the antibodies after 9 months.

Sponsored

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
Got my second shot on friday

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Read an article by Johns Hopkins that says people with organ transplants may not benefit from the Covid vaccine because of the immunosuppressive drugs. They prevent the vaccine from creating the antibodies needed to recognize the virus. Still, the research is ongoing and they reccomend to still get it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
After reading the CDC website I think Iam going to hold off on the vaccine until every minority in America gets a chance to take it. The cdc says the covid 19 infection affects minority groups disproportionately so Iam going to do my part and wait.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthequity/racism-disparities/index.html
That is your choice. There are many people who have decided they don't want the vaccine. If the vaccine supply is not limited in your area, you should go ahead and get it done. If the supply is limited, then I understand your reasoning to delay. The more people that are vaccinated, the better it is for those who choose not to.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
We are pretty lucky here in Orlando. Being a USAF Vet when I heard of the 101st coming to town and setting up their COVID-19 vaccine operation I decided to go that route. The familiarity with how the military prioritize efficiency led me to believe it would be a quick process and I wasn't disappointed. The whole process from when I parked to when I got back into my car was about 32 minutes and that included the 15 minute wait time after the shot. They had the J&J and Pfizer vaccines and I opted for the J&J one and done. The Army had about 5 or 6 (can't remember how many) deployment tents set up in the parking lot of a college that were all air conditioned and was set up so everyone was processed while still walking and on the move through the air conditioned tents until you reach the second to last tent where you received the shot. The last tend was the waiting/monitoring area. At the exit they had about 4 food trucks set up.

The 101st dolls out around 3000 vaccines a day at that location, was a surprisingly nice experience.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.