Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Legal
Hi All,

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a new sound in the cabin of my truck that sounds like loose plastic moving, - which is causing a "creaking" like sound every time I go over a bump in the road. I think I've kind of isolated the sound to somewhere near where the overhead speakers are at. Any jeep gurus out there that could help me troubleshoot areas to check if possible? Its driving me crazy I cant figure it out.

Thanks!

Mr.B
Sponsored

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
mine sounds like a haunted house when going over any bumps when the roof is frozen and snowy ... in winter

Last edited:

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Dude I swear, someday I'm going to just rip the whole soundbar apart and stuff the whole goddamn thing with sound-deadening material (whatever that may be).

Plastic is fine, but it shouldn't have room to wiggle.

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
This ^^^

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Some people have put a piece of foam weatherstripping between the plastic sound bar and the roll bar to stop sound bar noise.

Another area are the plastic roll bar covers above each door. I removed them and added cloth Tesa tape to all the contact points and it got rid of a bunch of plasticy creaky noises.

FLACRACKER

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Agree, snug up the roof top bolts. I happen to me after I removed and then reinstalled the roof.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Same here!

The real annoying noise was right by my left ear.........the B pillar plastics had popped out of the the clip. Still need to chase down the soundbar noise

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I had snugged up my hard top bolts last fall because I figured cooler weather had put some slack in them.
Last week I rechecked them after warmer weather, thinking that they might be getting too tight. They were actually a tiny bit loose again 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
It's the hard top. They do this. It's normal. Tighten the bolts, or if you took it off within the last few months, reset the hard top pieces as they might not have the seals sitting correctly.

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
In addition to the hard top bolts, I'd check the windshield bolts. The one on the far left drivers side in my truck occasionally works itself lose and creates a rattle. After I tighten it, all's good.

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
I have the same noise and I literally just got done tightening the hard top bolts before I saw this thread, I'll find out if that was the problem when I go to work later.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Hi All,

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a new sound in the cabin of my truck that sounds like loose plastic moving, - which is causing a "creaking" like sound every time I go over a bump in the road. I think I've kind of isolated the sound to somewhere near where the overhead speakers are at. Any jeep gurus out there that could help me troubleshoot areas to check if possible? Its driving me crazy I cant figure it out.

Thanks!

Mr.B
My 3-piece freedom top creaks a bit when it's cold (Boston, MA). But come Mid April, my Best-Top sunrider top goes on and -voila- no more creaking.
I also have an intermittent rattling sound when I hit a bump behind the A-Pillar cover where the seal belt winder mechanism resides. Sounds like something hitting the plastic cover. I keep meaning to pull off the trim and check it.
Sponsored