Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I'd let you borrow my wheels and tires if you weren't so far. Anyone in Maryland that can help a brother out to pass inspection?
I'm not in Maryland currently but my stock wheels and tires are located in Maryland. You can PM me about it if you want.
I would not count on that. All states enforce thier own gun laws on everyone.
"Any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console"
I would.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
"Any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console"
I would.
This is Federal law, correct? Sounds good in print, but try relying on it in NY, NJ, or MA

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I suggest you move away from the East Coast. That's what solved all my problems for me.
I live in Florida, the "gunshine state".

Sponsored

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Small roads, small minds, jealous police, rusty vehicles, illegal weed, tickets for every vehicle infraction you can imagine. Yearly inspection stickers. Lots of rust. That's Pennsylvania where I'm from. used to go to a lot of truck shows and car shows got tickets in Pa, Jersey, Maryland all over the East Coast for Very stupid things. Moved west with all the same vehicles , I'm the same person , same lifestyle . never a silly ticket.
That's my personal experience.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Small roads, small minds, jealous police, rusty vehicles, illegal weed, tickets for every vehicle infraction you can imagine. Yearly inspection stickers. Lots of rust. That's Pennsylvania where I'm from. used to go to a lot of truck shows and car shows got tickets in Pa, Jersey, Maryland all over the East Coast for Very stupid things. Moved west with all the same vehicles , I'm the same person , same lifestyle . never a silly ticket.
CA Tickets -- driver and passenger widow tint and no front license plate --- they will get you for those 2 violations --- eventually. You may make it a while, years maybe, but, eventually, they will get you on those 2 violations.... Maybe, not anymore, it seems silly now....

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Moved west with all the same vehicles , I'm the same person , same lifestyle . never a silly ticket.
CA Tickets -- driver and passenger widow tint and no front license plate --- they will get you for those 2 violations --- eventually. You may make it a while, years maybe, but, eventually, they will get you on those 2 violations.... Maybe, not anymore, it seems silly now....
When No Ifs said "west", I'm sure he was not including the People's Democratic Republic of Kaifornia.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
As a resident of MD and someone who has been to OC hundreds of times in my 45 years on this planet I can honestly say that you were an easy target for the OC police. They’re betting on you not fighting this and just paying the fine. There are three reasons I say this: 1) Covid is hitting everything that has to do with the tourism industry, including traffic and parking tickets. It’s still income for the city after all. 2) The “ricers” have been causing a HUGE headache for the city and it’s residants and tourists. Unfortunately the city and it’s police force make no distinction. 3) There are (I think) still antiquated laws on the books regarding lifts, tires, etc. I worked at a 4x4 shop many years ago, (I’ll call it TT, some of you guys are gonna recognze it) and it was a HUGE problem in the early 90’s.

Batts65

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
auto claims
And I thought PA was the only state that required doors, the police here are also pricks for wide tires and window tint.
But you do not need a helmet on a motorcycle in PA???

Sponsored

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Please post the specific code for the door citation. There is nothing is the Town of Ocean City Ordinances that require one. They DO specifically allow unenclosed vehicle is you are in a seat and have a seat beat on. That would directly conflict with the requirement for a door.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same thing happen to me in Easton PA a few years back. Had a trooper looking at my vehicle in the Hampton Inn parking lot I was staying at. He asked me about the tires and fenders and told me it's illegal in the state of PA to run the tires outside the fenders. I didn't get a ticket because he said I was from NC so he couldn't write me a ticket but made me aware of the law. I'd fight it if your from out of state, I know in NC you can have no fenders and as long as you got a rear view mirror, you don't need side mirrors. I have never heard of it being illegal to run without doors in any state, but I could be wrong.
Just as an FYI you can get a ticket for no side mirrors in NC. You need at least a driver side mirror.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Please post the specific code for the door citation. There is nothing is the Town of Ocean City Ordinances that require one. They DO specifically allow unenclosed vehicle is you are in a seat and have a seat beat on. That would directly conflict with the requirement for a door.
This is how they wrote it
TA-23-104 Driving vehicle on highway without minimum equipment

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this while searching for rock sliders earlier today. Maybe could rig up something like this to be temporary to get through the fix-it ticket?

A30AECF3-198C-494F-8863-6915B776D505.jpg
I run these permanently and I prefer them. I know if I get in a tight squeeze they may get ripped off but I'd rather not have my tires throwing rocks at cars on the road. Call me a nerd, I can take it. Just don't call me a Mall Crawler! Easy install and easy removal.

No IFS

First Name
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned
Also just like to add. We’re all full up out West. was only hypothetically saying move from the East Coast.
Please don’t move to the west were packed , No vacancy. It’s terrible here. It’s hot. Yucky. Stay away.
Sponsored