First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mojave
Occupation
service advisor
Dave, hoping you can help me out! I have an Edelbrock e-force supercharger sitting beside my manual gladiator in the garage right now...
it's a 2021 with the GPEC2A PCM. Edelbrock is saying even though the "2020" calibration works on that PCM they don't have emissions approval for 2021s so they won't supply me a tune... Is this something you could help with? Could we remote tune on a local dyno? I'm also willing to fly you out, etc. I imagine I would at the very least need some injector scaling adjustments to get it to a dyno post install. Let me know what we can do! Looking to install ASAP and I think it would be cool for you to have support for this kit as well! Feel free to DM me
keep us updated. very interested in the performance and reliability of the edelbrock syatem.
Sponsored

bsd103

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Gladiator Sport S 6spd manual, 2013 Abarth 500, 2012 charger SRT
Will do! Bear with me as I'm trying to sort some things out with Edelbrock and will need to get a different set of HP Tuners hardware and the PCM unlocked before I do the install

itsoem

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mohave
Occupation
Service Manager
So any updates? I have a 2021 Gladiator and I’m looking to install a Maggie.. but, I’m waiting for the HP Tuners to hack the new computer.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
No one has unlocked the GPEC5 yet

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
How do you tell what pcm you have

Sponsored

Bj691

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To All,
I have decided to now start offering pre-built tunes, ready to flash. A little background: I did not start tuning my Gladiator with the intention of having a business or making money, I have a day job, and a beautiful family, they come first. The Gladiator is my daily driver and hot rodding is my hobby, for now I am trying to keep it that way. I started offering my tune free of charge on this forum as a way to contribute to the Jeep community, to have fun and conversation with others. It has done just that, and it really has been great, getting to know everyone, and learning about some killer rides.

For all those wondering how or why I jumped in and made a tune. I have worked in the automotive and construction industry as an embedded controls designer for 20+ years. When I bought my Gladiator, I noticed it had, what I would call, less than finished calibrations spots, but nothing that worried me to much or was much worse than many other OEM cars I have driven. When Magnuson started offering their supercharger for the Gladiator, I saw an opportunity to get the power level of my Gladiator closer to what I had in my Ram without too much investment, and I have always had a good experience with Magnuson kits, so I went for it. I jumped on the band wagon pretty early and did not realize that the history of Jeeps and superchargers with the 3.6L has been a rocky road. I told my wife I would bolt the kit on and leave it alone. Well after a couple months, I no longer could ignore some of the strange things my Jeep was doing with the supercharger installed, and dove in to make some drivability tweaks. The Magnuson and Jeep calibration is useable and fine, if that is what people prefer, but they were not the performance level I prefer in my rides. The rest is history documented on the forum, I ended up way down the rabbit hole, with data acquisition, dyno sessions, and a crazy amount of road datalogging, from myself and others I worked with on the forum (much appreciated by the way).

With all this said, what I did not anticipate, is the number of people that wanted help with their Jeeps tuning, supercharger or not. Over the past 20 months the volume of phone calls an emails has rapidly grown. I posted tunes and help guides on the website to help, and I believe it did a bit, but also an unintended consequence is, it has kind of created a beacon and pulled in a bunch more curious jeepers. So the support side of this has taken on a life of its own.

I never want to short change someone with this. I want everyone to have fun like I am, so I do my best to answer all question, and provide assistance the best I can. Everyone has been very cool.
In a bid to help simplify things for the users of my tunes and myself, I have decided to start offering ready to flash tunes. I am going to be charging a bit for the ready to flash tunes. The non-pulley tunes for copy currently on my older posts will still be available for copy on the forum, and will still be free, but there will be limited technical support. Future revisions will go into the ready to flash tunes I am requiring a product support payment for.

My thoughts: I am charging for the ready to flash support for a couple reasons. I feel the need to recoup a bit of my time as it has become significant time sink. I have also invested a bit into the tools to get a ready to flash file. Last but not least I am doing my best, to fairly prioritize those who need assistance.

I hope everyone understands, and I look forward seeing more high performance Jeeps!

Bj691

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi Dave, I want to buy a tune but need to speak to you first. Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.