OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Checkout my instructions in the second post on this thread.
With 6 credits 300.
Unlocked ECM 250
MPVI2 300
DAVECS1TUNES NA Tune 200
For 1050 your all in
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
@DAVECS1 I have a 6MT and have been considering forced induction since I had my JL. How does the clutch and Asin Trans take this much torque and does your tune have anything that could somehow compensate?

Thanks!

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have multiple people running my tune on a manual. I have torque management, but I have also had a number of machines that struggle with a floating idle when the clutch is pushed in, and it takes a couple of revisions to calm it down. The floating idle is due to the torque management trying to anticipate wngine load. On most Jeeps it works but some struggle with it. You can ask around. The manual guys will speak up.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have multiple people running my tune on a manual. I have torque management, but I have also had a number of machines that struggle with a floating idle when the clutch is pushed in, and it takes a couple of revisions to calm it down. The floating idle is due to the torque management trying to anticipate wngine load. On most Jeeps it works but some struggle with it. You can ask around. The manual guys will speak up.
Thanks! Now... where to get $8k 🤔

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have noticed some definite differences with the 3.6L on my 2022 vs the 3.6L on my 2018 JL. Like, when it's cold the idle bounces up to 2k when I get to the end of my driveway and push the clutch. Hangs there for a second and then goes back to sub-1000... Is this what you mean by floating idle?

Also, another weird one: when I am in reverse and park-sense is on, when I get to a speed that's too fast for park sense I get the "ding" warning on the cluster, and my idle again pops up to about 2k for a second. If I turn off park sense, idle stays where I would expect it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes that is the floating idle I speak of. I shared my strategy with FCA, Petty, and Magnuson. FCA actually used it but it got messed up on translation. Magnuson and Petty thought I was crazy so I started offering stuff here.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
@DAVECS1 I have a 6MT and have been considering forced induction since I had my JL. How does the clutch and Asin Trans take this much torque and does your tune have anything that could somehow compensate?

Thanks!
I can't talk to how the clutch handles the power, I have a Centerforce II installed. That said, the transmission is fine. The week spot in the MT system has always been the clutch.

I wouldn't go back to life without the Magnuson. I no longer lose speed on every overpass. I can pull out and pass slow traffic on the interstate in 6th gear without having to downshift.

I am also one of the people with the hanging throttle. I just use a faster ramp rate for my throttle and it drops plenty quick.

I am looking forward to testing small pulley in a couple weeks. The parts are sitting tempting me. I just need a free weekend to install the parts and get the tune installed.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I can't talk to how the clutch handles the power, I have a Centerforce II installed. That said, the transmission is fine. The week spot in the MT system has always been the clutch.

I wouldn't go back to life without the Magnuson. I no longer lose speed on every overpass. I can pull out and pass slow traffic on the interstate in 6th gear without having to downshift.

I am also one of the people with the hanging throttle. I just use a faster ramp rate for my throttle and it drops plenty quick.

I am looking forward to testing small pulley in a couple weeks. The parts are sitting tempting me. I just need a free weekend to install the parts and get the tune installed.
Appreciate the comments. I am also looking at a CF clutch, so that's good to hear you have first-hand experience with both.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks! Now... where to get $8k 🤔
Save your money, I'm fairly positive you cannot put these on a 22 due to tuning?
At least that's what magnuson site says...

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Save your money, I'm fairly positive you cannot put these on a 22 due to tuning?
At least that's what magnuson site says...
I did see a note about the GPEC2 vs the GPEC5... on my build sheet it says I have a GPEC 2A. Is that the difference, or was there something else about MY22 I missed?

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
If you have any experience with Livernois, could you compare your NA tune to theirs?

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have any experience with Livernois, could you compare your NA tune to theirs?
Many people run Livernious and are satisfied.

My tune is not meant for all out power. I keep all safeties in place and add a few more of my own. My tune utilizes all grades of fuel, but not ethenol. My personal preference is to have a machinethat will run anywhere any time, and I would rather spend my time perfecting driveability vs a couple of degrees of timing on corrosive fuel.

My tune fixes issues I have found with VVT timing and then takes it a step furter to optimize VVT power. I also alter the throttle body airflow model, to give you smoother idle and acceleration.

I remap the torque demand so those of use with bgger tires and rims can utilize the available torque in the lower RPM ranges. This allows you to cruisein your higher gears on road, and not have to wind the engine, when trying to be graceful and creep on the trails.

Last butnot least I remap the transmission, so the toque drop between gears is more natural, and you can take advantage of the torque multiplication, from the torqueconverter in the lower gears.

All of these things are combined togetherto give you a more robust driveable solution than what was delivered from the factory.

Truthfully I have no idea if there is more power not, but I do know it is way more driveable on and off road.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Well, it looks like either FCA changed their spec for MY22, or maybe have/had a parts shortage of the GPEC5's because I think I got a GPEC-2A (which matches my build sheet). Hooray!

Jeep Gladiator DAVECS1 TUNES Now Officially offering Supercharger Tune Support!!! 1643492974048

But... Now I still need $8k ;)

Go Fund Me, anyone? 🤔
4C868C37-95FE-4056-A794-71DC81D6846A.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.