Sponsored

Dealer added to my order without permission!!

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Who cares what you sent them. Did they send you a confirmation, build sheet etc with what it was supposed to be? You should have confirmed what they were ordering before giving them $1000. I’m not blaming you, I’m just asking because they’ll just claim ignorance. You should have something like this and the official one has the ordered date, your name etc on it.

40976F16-CD1B-4687-8095-93E3E8C6B3CF.jpeg
Such is printed responses, when you started your comment with “Who cares” it set the tone.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
The pillar ones are, these are a $100 option
1634320609710.png
Those are actually not super awesome anyways so no big lose. Get a set of Paracord off Etsy that use the soft top mounting holes much sturdier and you can basically hang off of them. Where as these use small non-structural bolts that have been known to snap

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Such is printed responses, when you started your comment with “Who cares” it set the tone.
Because it does not matter what he sent them if he doesn’t have a build sheet of what they ordered. He should have had that and confirmed it before paying them money and that’s exactly what they will claim. You need a hobby, playing internet ‘tone’ decoder ain’t it. ✌

Jeep Gladiator Dealer added to my order without permission!! AD2A07BF-A158-4E65-B965-7190B173813C

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Because it does not matter what he sent them if he doesn’t have a build sheet of what they ordered. He should have had that and confirmed it before paying them money and that’s exactly what they will claim. You need a hobby, playing internet ‘tone’ decoder ain’t it. ✌

Jeep Gladiator Dealer added to my order without permission!! AD2A07BF-A158-4E65-B965-7190B173813C
You are correct.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
OP - it's pretty simple, but you have a decision to make. Check anything you signed when you placed your order. If you didn't sign anything that included the items and the dealer added them arbitrarily, they should remove them (wheels are easy, dealers change those out all the time with others). If you signed an order that included those items, you're stuck and then your decision comes into play. You can pay for them and take the vehicle, or if the dealer refuses to budge, you walk, but then the process starts all over. I'd recommend engaging your salesman now rather than when the vehicle arrives, it may lead to a better outcome. Good luck!

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
See post # 16

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Well, at least you were in central Mass. In western Mass they treat you rudely then refuse to give back your deposit.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with the dealers manager, new sales guy took the order, he confirmed verbally over the phone what I wanted, read off the list but neglected to send out the order confirmation sheet to me according to the manager. They did send me an email with my VIN though a few days after I placed the order as in Literally, "hey, we got your VIN for your new gladiator and its .........". Manager apologized and said they would not charge for those items and would hold to the price we both agreed on. they just sent the confirmation over to me and it does indeed show the cover and rims added in, also shows the grab handles missing that I had wanted. I was told that the young gun sales guy said it would look better with the polished rims and cover and didnt think the grab handles added any value. the manager again apologized for his guy's assumptions and would take care of it. I explained to him my wife who has bad arthritis in both knees NEEDS those handles. again,, more apologies and was told he will correct the situation at no cost to me
You should name names.

This dealer did the honorable thing. If I was local to you and buying, I'd give this dealer a shot. Though I might avoid that sales guy.

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
You should name names.

This dealer did the honorable thing. If I was local to you and buying, I'd give this dealer a shot. Though I might avoid that sales guy.
Name names after he takes possession without terms changing. But pending that this looks like a good resolution :)

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You should name names.

I will assume the sales person no longer works there after this.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The pillar ones are, these are a $100 option
When I ordered, there were no optional "grab handles" - just what it came with standard. (by no optional grab handles, I mean nothing from Jeep when ordering like "add these handles". Didn't exist)

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 hummer, 1987 firebird, 1929 Mercedes
went down to the dealer today, just to find out where my gladiator is.
ordered 9/14, sticker posted last week, on a train today and due in ayer ma on 10/25. the railyard is about 20 miles ish from the dealer he said. also said the cars normally show up within 2-3 days after they hit the railyard. They confirmed they would honor the price and as invoice, they also will honor the US Affilates program 1% under invoice! They gave me the final price and included taxes, reg fees. no BS fees either. I should have the truck next week!!!! stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I have been tracking my build and now have a sticker!!! But, after reading through it I found my dealer added:
Roll–Up Tonneau Cover $595
17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Low–Gloss Black Polished Wheels $995

they added 1600 to an already expensive gladiator, I dont want to reject the order but I also didnt want those options nor did I order them with the dealer.
I have the actual email stating this is what I want, listed it out with prices straight from jeep.
thoughts??
Did the dealer order these items for another customer by chance?
Sponsored