Sponsored

Dealer talked me out of JT. (For the time being)

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Unless the salesman is passionate about the vehicle they're selling they're pretty useless. Most if not all sales people go through the same vehicle training which is minimal at best. A good sales person will do their research and have that info ready and not give you the, "I think" speech. Like others have said, take the family and test drive one and let them make the call as far as room goes.
Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Haha! I've got 3 kids, all in car seats, in the back of my Gladiator. Diono Radian XT car seats and one rear facing still. They all fit just fine! Makes me happy I can still own my Gladiator and the kids enjoy it.
Gonna have to do the same thing soon! My wife is due with #3 in less than a week, have the car seats just need to install. Glad to hear your family is still comfortable, because we'll still be driving the JT plenty...

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I too can fit two full size car seats and a booster in the back of mine. It is super tight, but I hear that one brand is slimmer and works much better for fitting 3 in the back.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went to a dealer looking at 2 different JT Rubicons they’ve had on their lot. I’m considering trading in my Rubicon JLU for the Rubicon JT. I told him I have 3 kids and he proceeded to tell me that the JT has a smaller back seat. Is this the case? The dimensions are pretty similar. 1 is still in a car seat and the other 2 aren’t. Their pretty comfortable in the JLU if the whole family is in it. Just thought it was a bit strange.
Not sure why you need the dealer to tell you this. Read, go sit in them.

When buying a Jeep I've never once considered my family or my wifes comfort. Sounds mean but these vehicles are rugged for a reason. You either want one or you don't.

We have made multiple 2K mile trips with a family of 5 (all my girls are driving age and older). They survived.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
For what it's worth, I had some family out last weekend and I for three grown adults in the back seat. Albeit, the person setting in the middle was tight but I still fit three a$$ people back there.

Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Geez guys.... All the guy has to do is sit in the back seat of both vehicles to make up his own mind. Salespeople steer you to the sale they need to make. Don't take it for granted they have your best interest in mind.

AaronJ0072

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland in hydro-blue
Went to a dealer looking at 2 different JT Rubicons they’ve had on their lot. I’m considering trading in my Rubicon JLU for the Rubicon JT. I told him I have 3 kids and he proceeded to tell me that the JT has a smaller back seat. Is this the case? The dimensions are pretty similar. 1 is still in a car seat and the other 2 aren’t. Their pretty comfortable in the JLU if the whole family is in it. Just thought it was a bit strange.
I think the most uncomfortable thing about the rear seats is the seat back angle. Pretty much ram-rod straight. Not good for someone with a bad back that may want to recline the seats a little to take the pressure off the lower back but a kid probably won't care.

flipflopfarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
I always test drive with my wife and she sits in the back - then we swap and I sit in the back. Take your kids to the lot and drive it. Make sure you get what you want. Not what other people say you need.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Now that all the numbers are in....what color Gladiator will you be buying? Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

LancGladiatorGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Occupation
LEO
Now that all the numbers are in....what color Gladiator will you be buying? Lol
Funny you should ask. Went back today and dealt with a different sales person. Got it and test drove by myself, which was nice, and went with the Sting Ray Gray Rubicon. Traded in my 18 Rubicon JLU.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
With three little kids in the back of the JT, where do you stow a diaper bag, or snacks, a few groceries, etc.? Alternative to jamming a very few small number of little items on the back seat floor (beneath their feet), putting various stuff in the bed of the JT is somewhat of a PIA, wether it’s uncovered (gets rained on, blows out, hard to get access), or you must have some sort of a removable cover or shell, either of which are not optimal for quick and easy in/out access.

For a family of 5 (3 kids), the JL gives you plenty of easy to access, not to mention it’s stowed inside the cabin, heated/cooled, and in lockable storage space.

I just think with 3 kids, the JT is not very practical at all, unless it’s a second or third car. In that case, you can use it solo, or reserve it for off-road goofing-off, picking up lots of big cargo, hauling garbage to the dump, etc.

Now, please in bear in mind, this is JM2C, IMHO, and YMMV!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
With three little kids in the back of the JT, where do you stow a diaper bag, or snacks, a few groceries, etc.? Alternative to jamming a very few small number of little items on the back seat floor (beneath their feet), putting various stuff in the bed of the JT is somewhat of a PIA, wether it’s uncovered (gets rained on, blows out, hard to get access), or you must have some sort of a removable cover or shell, either of which are not optimal for quick and easy in/out access.

For a family of 5 (3 kids), the JL gives you plenty of easy to access, not to mention it’s stowed inside the cabin, heated/cooled, and in lockable storage space.

I just think with 3 kids, the JT is not very practical at all, unless it’s a second or third car. In that case, you can use it solo, or reserve it for off-road goofing-off, picking up lots of big cargo, hauling garbage to the dump, etc.

Now, please in bear in mind, this is JM2C, IMHO, and YMMV!
I don’t know, we have found pickup trucks to be the best kid hauler short of a minivan, a considerable amount more convenient then our JLUR that we also have.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
My teenage boys ride in the back of mine all the time and say it’s very comfortable. My older son is almost 6’ tall and he has no complaints. As others have said the back seat is the same in the JT as the JL. Don’t listen to sales people who many times have no idea what they are talking about.
I want to concur with this thought too. I think most Wrangler (TJ, JK and JL) and JT buyers are often as informed or more informed then some sales reps. Get the JT.
Sponsored