Sponsored

Dealer talked me out of JT. (For the time being)

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Drive the family down to the dealership in the Wrangler. Load the whole famdamily in the Gladiiator and go for a long test ride.
This. Absolutely this. When I went car shopping when my kids were younger I didn’t being them with but brought their seats and made sure things fit and that me and my wife could sit into he front comfortably With the seats installed.

Bringing everyone with and loading em up is even a better idea.

I do applaud the dealer for at least trying to look out for you though and not just saying whatever to make a sale.
Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 6'3" and I can go back and sit behind my driver seat without moving it forward. My son who has very long legs can sit in the back seat without asking those in front to move forward, and he couldn't even do that in the Buick Enclave that I traded in. Yes I said Buick Enclave - THE definition of family car.

Seriously, this JT has more useable room in the back seat than any car I've had, except for maybe a Chevy Tahoe and Ford Expedition I once owned.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’m 6’5 with long legs and I can sit behind my driver seat (all the way back). It’s not the most comfortable, but it works. Go load the family up for a test drive and see how it goes.:like: It’s definitely not a full size truck, but for us it has plenty of room.

Our 3y/o daughter is in a forward facing convertible car seat and has plenty of room behind my wife. Wife is about 5’8 and has plenty of room up front.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I own both a JT and a JLUR, for the family I prefer the JT, room is the same inside, however the ability to load up the bed with all the luggage, stroller etc with a tonneau covering it makes packing the car much nicer and it hold a heck of a lot more.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
My teenage boys ride in the back of mine all the time and say it’s very comfortable. My older son is almost 6’ tall and he has no complaints. As others have said the back seat is the same in the JT as the JL. Don’t listen to sales people who many times have no idea what they are talking about.

Sponsored

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I have 2 massive car seats in the back, and there is plenty of room. I bought specific rollover friendly car seats for my old JKUR that are pretty big, and the only real issue is if I decide to climb in the back.

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
We have a JT and JLU and had a JKUI see little to know difference in leg room. Lots more little storage under and behind the seats of the JT. With a bed cover the amount of dry storage is amazingly better in the JT. Other than hauling the dogs in their crate, the JT is so much more practical for my family. We just have one 12 year old though. He and his buddy rode in the back on vacation for 10 plus hours each way and had no issues.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
...Don’t listen to sales people who many times have no idea what they are talking about.
True, but I've got to wonder if there's more to this story. Is it possible that there was a sales incentive on the in-stock JL's?

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
True, but I've got to wonder if there's more to this story. Is it possible that there was a sales incentive on the in-stock JL's?
Perhaps they had more JLs or no JTs...there also could be an incentive, lots of reasons to steer the consumer... it is also entirely possible that the salesperson was genuinely mistaken or expressing opinion.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
The dealer is wrong, I have a 13 year old and a 10 year old and they fit very well with plenty of room.

Sponsored

AdrianVall

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Haha! I've got 3 kids, all in car seats, in the back of my Gladiator. Diono Radian XT car seats and one rear facing still. They all fit just fine! Makes me happy I can still own my Gladiator and the kids enjoy it.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Just measured. JL has 1” more legroom than the JT.

Jeep Gladiator Dealer talked me out of JT. (For the time being) D5327937-6000-4176-995D-99F177799A2C

Jeep Gladiator Dealer talked me out of JT. (For the time being) E43670F7-ECCC-4E28-B870-BFE7596733FD

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Dealers or sales people will try to steer you where the best money is for THEM. Right now gladiators sell themselves and I would imagine the manufacturer sale discounts to the DEALER are non-existent or very little, whereas for the wrangler it might be a different story. Be aware the dealer often gets deals from the manufacturer that the customer never sees.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Went to a dealer looking at 2 different JT Rubicons they’ve had on their lot. I’m considering trading in my Rubicon JLU for the Rubicon JT. I told him I have 3 kids and he proceeded to tell me that the JT has a smaller back seat. Is this the case? The dimensions are pretty similar. 1 is still in a car seat and the other 2 aren’t. Their pretty comfortable in the JLU if the whole family is in it. Just thought it was a bit strange.
I'm baffled by this since the width is the same the doors are the same, why would it be smaller? It is not, they seats are the same width and there is more leg room.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
This information is from www.automobile-catalog comparison chart

Second row hiproom JT 55.9" vs JLU 56.7"
Second row headroom JT 40.8" vs JLU 41.7"
Calculated passenger volume JT 104.6 cu. ft. vs JLU 105.5 cu. ft.
All other interior dimensions are the same.
Looking at these dimensions, i would say that the plane of the rear seat surface must be higher by .9" which leads to the headroom difference and the cu.ft. difference.......... either way, it seems insignificant and would not be noticeable.
Sponsored