Dealership installed mopar gears

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
Has anyone had the dealer do a gear swap yet with 4.88 gear set that mopar sells? There are a couple of decent independent shops within an 1.5 hours of me but I like the idea of the dealership doing the regear for ease of warranty. Am I off base on saying that? That a dealer is a better route or am I putting a lot trust into the system that might not be as skilled?

FYSA, it’s 6spd rubi with 315/70s, an arb stubby w/ warn xd9, and teraflex spacer front and daystar 3/4” rear
Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Dealers do their fair share of gear sets, mostly warranty work on 1/2 - 1 ton trucks. So, I wouldn't worry about the quality of work. But, you know, always the chance that Mr. Greenhorn gets the ticket and botches it up.

My suggestion would be to talk with the dealer service center, and specifically talk with the tech that will be performing the work.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What @Riccochet said! You want to make double and triple sure the dealership doing it has an experience gear and axle guy and he is the one actually doing the work. Sometimes it may mean an extended scheduling for that persons time to free up but worth it. You do not want the job being assign to the next grease monkey in line who is using your vehicle for OJT practice.

OP
OP

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
What @Riccochet said! You want to make double and triple sure the dealership doing it has an experience gear and axle guy and he is the one actually doing the work. Sometimes it may mean an extended scheduling for that persons time to free up but worth it. You do not want the job being assign to the next grease monkey in line who is using your vehicle for OJT practice.
Yeah that has been my concern, some rando tech getting assigned the task. The dealer I have used in the past had some issues with doing work on a wk2 grand that I previously had. It took them over 10 hours to install an ARB bumper... the instruction sheet from arb templates 4 hours. So maybe I need to call around and find a different dealer. Anybody in the Raleigh, NC area have any experience with the West Gate dealer? They have a dedicated jeep accessories shop.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer did mine. $2100 complete with new seals, bearings, and fluid.

Sponsored

brerran

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Manual
Occupation
Construction
I bought Dana sets online and then had a jeep shop put them in. That route was about $1600 instead of $3200 for the jeep dealer. I bought the oil and spent 30 minutes doing the 500 mile drain and refill myself. There won't be warranty on that part now but I'm not worried about the unlikely event that part will break.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business Owner
A buddy of mine had the local jeep dealer install the Mopar 488 gears in his rubicon with no issues. Then he gave me his 410 gears from the rubicon. Do you guys know of any reason these would not work in my Overland. I know the molar website says Dana 44 wide track axels for the mopar performance 488 gears.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I was at the dealership today for an unrelated issue and asked for a quote on them doing a Mopar 4.88 regear.

Their quote? $3800.

:CWL:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was at the dealership today for an unrelated issue and asked for a quote on them doing a Mopar 4.88 regear.

Their quote? $3800.

:CWL:
For Dealerships when you ask for mod or other specialized work, that is a "Go Away" pricing quote many times because their time came be better spent turning more regular jobs in the same amount of time for better profit.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
hey folks just wondering the 4.88's from Mopar are PN: 77072409 & 77072410?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator