First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
The Pulsar is a piggy back tuner offered by Superchips/Edge products that plugs inline with your ECU, it offers stock, economy, tow and performance tunes and allows you to reprogram for tire size, gear change and ESS memory. They advertise HP gains and mpg gains and I will attest they are real. I got mine with only about 2,000 miles on my JT with 35's and before I added some of my accessories I have now, I could get 20+ mpg in the economy tune easily. Since going to 37's on stock gears, I am using the tow tune and getting 15+ mpg, so pretty big difference, but most of my driving since 37's has been in town with not a lot of highway. I actually think highway and consistent no stop and go driving would be back in the 17 mpg range. But I plan to re-gear. Still haven't decided between 4.56 and 4.88 though

Dlgrisham

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Technician
The Pulsar is a piggy back tuner offered by Superchips/Edge products that plugs inline with your ECU, it offers stock, economy, tow and performance tunes and allows you to reprogram for tire size, gear change and ESS memory. They advertise HP gains and mpg gains and I will attest they are real. I got mine with only about 2,000 miles on my JT with 35's and before I added some of my accessories I have now, I could get 20+ mpg in the economy tune easily. Since going to 37's on stock gears, I am using the tow tune and getting 15+ mpg, so pretty big difference, but most of my driving since 37's has been in town with not a lot of highway. I actually think highway and consistent no stop and go driving would be back in the 17 mpg range. But I plan to re-gear. Still haven't decided between 4.56 and 4.88 though
Are you running the pulsar on a 2020 model or a 2021?

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Are you running the pulsar on a 2020 model or a 2021?
It was a 2020, just sold my Gladiator a few weeks ago. Ordered a diesel Wrangler that just arrived yesterday. Going to pick it up Monday.

kbknoll

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator High Altitude 2022
I did the same, my High Altitude on 35" with 4.546 gears, runs MUCH better.
Hey Binford, I have a 2022 High Altitude on 35s as well and just booked a regear appointment...BUT, based on everything I've read, I can't decide between 4.56 or 4.88. I pull a 5k pound camper about once a month so I lean towards the 4.88 but don't want to go too far.

If you could do it all over again, would you still do 4.56 or consider 4.88?

Sponsored

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
Exodus 4x4 is one of my local shops, they also have a youtube channel and are partnered with AMW4x4 but this is what they recommend for gears on their website. I still need to regear mine as I am on 35s with 3.73.

Jeep Gladiator Overland 4.56 Gears Installed 35” Tires Screenshot 2024-03-06 155942

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes my tires are 35.1 tall
but I did notice this weekend that my Tazer didn’t update to 4.56 it still was programmed to 3.73.
I need to recheck the rpm now. I tell you it shifts and performs much better with the right gear ratio programmed
True tire height rarely meets what the specs say. Best to measure your actual diameter and base your tire height adjustments with JScan or Tazer accordingly to your true tire height, if you haven't already.
Sponsored