Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's not likely going to work until a final judgment is made for the case.
Correct. It's a proposed settlement.
Odds are it won't happen, but it could be rejected.
The date to finalize is a few weeks out yet - March, was it?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. It's a proposed settlement.
Odds are it won't happen, but it could be rejected.
The date to finalize is a few weeks out yet - March, was it?
To opt-out or object has to be done by March 10th. The hearing is scheduled for April 19th.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
To opt-out or object has to be done by March 10th. The hearing is scheduled for April 19th.
Ah, that's where I got the March. Yeah, that's right - April.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This thread will be forgotten by then.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Ain't gonna happen because now you are modifying the vehicle and asking for a lot more than the agreed upon "fix". No settlement is going to agree to that.
You could put the most expensive piece on your truck that money can buy and claim you had to do it due to DW - when the fact is you just wanted it - because.
This is my seventh Jeep. None have ever had death wobble. But on this 2020 gobi, I heard the horror stories and ran out and replaced the entire suspension right at the end of warranty to prevent it from happening!
ā€œIf youā€™re going be dumb, better be tuffā€, and work a bunch of overtime to pay for it!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This thread will be forgotten by then.
No it won't. Look at the zombie threads that have come back to life just in the last day or two.
The threads that should have been buried and forgotten seem just never die.

Remember, you are being watched and monitored.............that one should be buried SOOO deep. How the heck do those even show up again?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
No it won't. Look at the zombie threads that have come back to life just in the last day or two.

Remember, you are being watched and monitored.............that one should be buried SOOO deep. How the heck do those even show up again?
There is a TON of extremely good info here. It is by far the best source of factual knowledge on the JT. It seemed at launch it was way more facts and less opinion fluff stuff in the posts but it is still an invaluable resource today. It's funny because it's been almost 4 years but it just does not seem that long ago. The information is still relevant, that's why they get dragged up from the dead. People are actually putting in some research time.

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

It's the Rotting Whale effect.

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Funny story, so I installed a set of Mojave take off wheels and tires I found locally and no my DW seems to be gone. Is it possible that one of my old front tires was out of balance and causing it? the new ones have aroun 9k on factory Falken A/Ts

I still have to pull my sensors out and put them on the Mojave wheels if itā€™s not too big of a pain I might run my old ones on the balancer first to see if itā€™s off on any of them. For science

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Funny story, so I installed a set of Mojave take off wheels and tires I found locally and no my DW seems to be gone. Is it possible that one of my old front tires was out of balance and causing it? the new ones have aroun 9k on factory Falken A/Ts

I still have to pull my sensors out and put them on the Mojave wheels if itā€™s not too big of a pain I might run my old ones on the balancer first to see if itā€™s off on any of them. For science
Tires CAN cause it. Doesn't have to be way out of balance - and imperfection can cause a shimmy or wobble and since a big heavy tire is like a massive gyroscope, once set off a perfect spin, they want to wobble like a top that's been nudged while spinning.

More than one forum member has resolved similar issues, even DW - with different tires or a GOOD balance job.

A tire that's imperfect or out of balance causes quick wear on the steering parts, including that stabilizer. It'll make 'em go south pretty quickly as that piston moves in and out quickly in the center position..

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Well, that doesnā€™t come up in search results any where near the top of a google search in death wobble. I will probably still do a new steering stabilizer because mine made a sound when I jiggle tested it. And possibly an adjustable trac bar. I have a terraflex 2.5 in spacer set I need ti install as well but Iā€™m in no rush for that itā€™s mostly so when the falkens wear out I can put on a set of 35 inch Patagonia mts.
Thanks for letting me know I was not crazy. Well at least about the DW

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well, that doesnā€™t come up in search results any where near the top of a google search in death wobble. I will probably still do a new steering stabilizer because mine made a sound when I jiggle tested it. And possibly an adjustable trac bar. I have a terraflex 2.5 in spacer set I need ti install as well but Iā€™m in no rush for that itā€™s mostly so when the falkens wear out I can put on a set of 35 inch Patagonia mts.
Thanks for letting me know I was not crazy. Well at least about the DW
Jumping on the stabilizer train? Maybe it needs torquing.

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Possibly, once I get it on the lift I plan on checking the torque on all the fasteners. Itā€™s only ope ln Wed thru Sat with work Iā€™m not sure when I will get around to it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly, once I get it on the lift I plan on checking the torque on all the fasteners. Itā€™s only ope ln Wed thru Sat with work Iā€™m not sure when I will get around to it.
Depending on "the lift" - don't torque with axles hanging down.
Torque with the wheels holding the truck up just in case any are loose.
Lift by axles, not frame, when torquing suspension parts.
Sponsored