First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff
Loved my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, until yesterday when I hit a bump in the road on interstate 95 and I figured life was over. Once it slowed down from the 70 mph that I was running the front end calmed down. Why are they still making vehicle that are dangerous right off the lot. This was crazy, had my wife been driving the end result would have been completely different. Has anyone else had this problem.

Jeep Gladiator Death Wobble A4A813D6-1961-49B3-92F5-B71293C3B1E0
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you’re okay

what lift do you have on it?
Tires?
Rims?

did the dealer re center geometry after the lift?

just a couple thoughts on why it happened. I got death wobble on my jku after lifting and never correcting geometry.

OP
OP

Jerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff
Glad you’re okay

Tires?
Rims?

just a couple thoughts on why it happened. I got death wobble on my jku after lifting and never correcting geometry.
I’m not sure because this was a factory lift and installation of tires and rims , but thanks that gives me something to ask the dealer. I have 100,000 Mile warranty on the lift.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you’re okay

Tires?
Rims?

This right here and I'd also check all your torque specs, inspect the track bar in particular,drag link and control arms. If any get the least bit loose then it will happen.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I've always read that death wobble isn't the problem ... it's a symptom. I would start with the lift and make sure that they performed a complete alignment and have double checked geometry.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff
I
I've always read that death wobble isn't the problem ... it's a symptom. I would start with the lift and make sure that they performed a complete alignment and have double checked geometry.
thanks will have the dealer check these areas.

OP
OP

Jerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff
This right here and I'd also check all your torque specs, inspect the track bar in particular,drag link and control arms. If any get the least bit loose then it will happen.
Thanks I will have the dealer check all the linkage.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’m not sure because this was a factory lift and installation of tires and rims , but thanks that gives me something to ask the dealer. I have 100,000 Mile warranty on the lift.
So you know, lifts aren’t installed at the factory. If you bought it new with the lift, It was done at the dealer, and probably the Mopar 2” kit. There is likely a loose or worn part. How many miles are on it?

OP
OP

Jerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff
So you know, lifts aren’t installed at the factory. If you bought it new with the lift, It was done at the dealer, and probably the Mopar 2” kit. There is likely a loose or worn part. How many miles are on it?
I only have 3,500 miles on it

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I only have 3,500 miles on it
I'd be willing to bet it's a loose suspension part, more than likely a track bar or something, that's the most common thing that cases it. You can get someone to turn your wheel side to side and see if you see the track bar moving, if it does it needs to be tightened. It should not move at all. Also after 500-800 miles of driving you should or the dealership should recheck all the parts installed to make sure they are still torqued to spec. The shop that did mine told me to bring it back after 800 miles and they retorqued everything for me free of charge.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Does your factory lift have the new proper length track bar or did it reuse the stock?

What is the caster angle after the lift?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if they upgraded the steering stabilizer?
That's not going to cause death wobble, steering stabilizer wouldn't cause that to happen, the stock one is more sufficient for a properly installed lift.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does your factory lift have the new proper length track bar or did it reuse the stock?

What is the caster angle after the lift?
I wouldn't think that would be an issue unless they went over 3 inches of lift. I'd say could be if he has more than that and is still running the stock one.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
No matter what.....if the dealer did the lift, they are responsible for the finished product. If your JT does not ride or perform as expected, they are 100% responsible for its end result. I’m sure you didn't pay 80% or the total cost for a lift that performs up to 80% f total expectations. DO NOT let them screw you!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
A bad steering stabilizer will cause death wobble.
That is not true. I have ran my JT and my Jku without a stabilizer. Drove with a busted one for 6 months on my JKU. A stabilizer will never cause death wobble
Sponsored