Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I thought about this at one point. But opted to not get them because:

cost
extra weight
makes other items in bed sit higher raising center of gravity
didnt want to have to lower tailgate and pull out slide 4’ just to get to something - especially if backed against a wall or tree

All that being said, extra weight was the biggest factor for me. Its quite heavy And that was a big sacrifice I wasnt willing to accept.

But they are really nice options.
This pretty much exactly sums up why I didn't go with one.

My buddy added one to his zr2 bison for our road trip and while it is functional and we'll made I feel like it wastes too much space and weight for the money.

If it was something you could just pop in and out as needed I might have a different opinion.
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I can see them being great if you have a particular use in mind. I.e. Hunter that wants a secure way to transport long guns.

Absent a clear use for them, they cut the usable bed space down, add weight, and they aren’t cheap.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I can see them being great if you have a particular use in mind. I.e. Hunter that wants a secure way to transport long guns.
This was precisely its only pro to me the short time I had one. Otherwise too many cons.

GCHunter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have my Decked system installed and I am extremely impressed with the quality. I am thinking about that rare occasion when I might need to place some luggage on top of the Decked system Does anyone have a recommended cargo net or luggage container to tie on top of the Decked system?

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Have one for a year now. All the pros and cons said here are valid.

That being said I will add my $.02

Cons
1) Heavy - Combined with my rack/RTT/batwing and when carrying water etc it definitely rocks (not in the fun way)
2) Space - The mechanics make for some "wasted" space but they do give two cubbies towards the tailgate...they should have created two more towards the cab...not easy to get to but could always use the space.
3) I Lined the bed and then put the drawers in...should have thought that through
4) Back of the drawer you still have to dig to get to
5) It covers the Passenger power outlet. So if you are installing...put some extensions or something before dropping it in.
6) If you put something in...lets say a hammer...and it flips up blocking the drawer from opening...its a b*tch to get that unstuck
7) The bottle opener is too low...longnecks dont fit ( Mean...come on R&D people...)

Pros
1) very durable...I think you can even stand in an open drawer
2) Waterproof (makes sure your tie-down tracks are in exactly the right holes.
3) SUPER easy to get to your stuff. So if you are camping and your kitchen is near, storing food in the drawer protects it and easy to get to
4) Comes with tool boxes (that I converted into kitchen stuff)
5) Comes with dividers...dont really use them but can see where it will be handy.

Overall I love mine...but my ride is pretty much only for camping etc and not my daily

Given the opportunity I believe the MOPAR Decked is cheaper and lighter ...I would probl go for that one only because the $ and looks like there is no middle section so guessing drawers are bigger?

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-truck-bed-storage-system-82215594ab

Sponsored

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I have my Decked system installed and I am extremely impressed with the quality. I am thinking about that rare occasion when I might need to place some luggage on top of the Decked system Does anyone have a recommended cargo net or luggage container to tie on top of the Decked system?
I use those cheap boxes from Lowes with the yellow tops for that.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
I use those cheap boxes from Lowes with the yellow tops for that.
Same here! I just keep a solid bungy on the top one and they stay put against the fore wall. We have always used these for camping since they are easy to sort when you emptied the food from one and can push it to the back. Cheap to boot.

GoolsbyMD77

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Military
I had the decked system in my old ZR2, I enjoyed it for a few months then wished I didn’t have it. The storage pull out is nice to store things and leave it there. I used to keep wool blankets, MREs, etc for emergencies and still have plenty of other room. However I again wish I didn’t have it installed after a while because if I put anything on top (lawn chairs, mulch, grills, TV etc) it sat so high the center of gravity was terrible for the load in the bed. I won’t even take a free decked system to install in my JT having had it before.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Feel like it is a bad idea in general. Would rather have more tie downs and piece together various storage like ROAM and Pelican type storage. Slide outs are cheap if it really comes to needing that sort of thing. Being able to remoce storage when camped is a plus. New it is a lot of money like people said there is a reason they end up for sale used all over forums.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I’d maybe consider getting one if I had something like a power wagon, but our 5ft bed barely passes as a usable truck bed and once you add the decked system you lose the bottom half of the bed and 50% of the width as well. I think it’s a neat idea but not for me.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I love mine. I also installed a fishbone bed rack. I don't miss the bed space, whatever I need to haul it works just fine. I have hauled wood, gas tanks, big boxes etc...
Sponsored