Sponsored

Diesel Additive - Soot / MPG / DEF reduction

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
I'm just trying to save you guys money from adding nonsense lubricants to your fuel that have no actual scientific back up that it provides a better condition for the fuel pump...

I dont know why you get so mad, its almost like you want to buy expensive additives every week and add it to your already overpriced diesel without any real benefits.

Sounds about right ...no?
https://www.hotshotsecret.com/wp-co...bmitted-Additives-CT19-01180-Report-1-LX4.pdf

https://www.hotshotsecret.com/wp-co...bmitted-Additives-CT19-01018-Report-2-LX4.pdf

Sponsored

Gladbrennan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
WHy would you every look at a study that is funded by the company trying to sell you something. Again I understand there are products that can enhance the "lubricity" of diesel fuel, however there is no proof this has increased the longetvity in any one circumstance.

Thats anti-gel which is a completley different conversation. It does work but for 99% of the users on this forum, our fuel is already treated and more than likley our precious trucks are stored in a nice heated garage. Different topic for a different day my man.

Gladbrennan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
You challenging others to refute your claim with facts is a clear indication you are doing more than posting an opinion. Then posting you are claiming nothing is a clear indicator that you have nothing to back your position.
Mr.BIll

I'm not making any claims because I'm simply using the standard diesel at the pump which is recommened to do so by the manufacturer. If you want to add an additional supplment and claim it helps the engine and components longetivity well then you've put yourself in a position to provide factual data that supports that claim.

I'm not being unreasonable or misbehaving. I'm just stating that alot of people are wasting their money on fuel supplements with zero backup.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Mr.BIll

I'm not making any claims because I'm simply using the standard diesel at the pump which is recommened to do so by the manufacturer. If you want to add an additional supplment and claim it helps the engine and components longetivity well then you've put yourself in a position to provide factual data that supports that claim.

I'm not being unreasonable or misbehaving. I'm just stating that alot of people are wasting their money on fuel supplements with zero backup.
What draws the ire of the forum members is you are stating it like it is a fact, and not making it clear that it is just your opinion.

Gladbrennan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
What draws the ire of the forum members is you are stating it like it is a fact, and not making it clear that it is just your opinion.
Nope, not an opinion at all. No facts exist to refute that supplemented diesel will increase the longevity in anyway compared to untreated fuel.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, not an opinion at all. No facts exist to refute that supplemented diesel will increase the longevity in anyway compared to untreated fuel.
If you state that it is your opinion, you can say whatever you want. If you try to give advice, or pass it off as a fact, you need something to support your statement. Otherwise, you just look like a fool spouting shit. With nothing to prove or dispute a claim, then it is just a theory. It is not considered a fact until there is evidence shown. Lack of proof to show a statement is wrong does not mean it is right.

Just say what you believe, and what you suggest others do based on that belief. You will garner much more respect than trying to pass it off as a fact with nothing to support it.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
WHy would you every look at a study that is funded by the company trying to sell you something. Again I understand there are products that can enhance the "lubricity" of diesel fuel, however there is no proof this has increased the longetvity in any one circumstance.

Thats anti-gel which is a completley different conversation. It does work but for 99% of the users on this forum, our fuel is already treated and more than likley our precious trucks are stored in a nice heated garage. Different topic for a different day my man.
Same contents in the stanadyne treatment and the edt, just different quantities, winter blend or not.. Check the wear scars compared to straight diesel. Less wear on the part equates to longevity. Also the funding of the lab wasn't done by the product. Also SGS is an independent lab, not sure why you think they were funded by hotshots.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Using diesel additiives makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I'm near 20k miles without using any additives. But, from what i read, a little lubricity doesn't hurt. So I placed an order for some Stanadyne Lubricity yesterday.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My 2006 Duramax was designed for LSD. When they switched to ULSD, you could hear the noise in the fuel system. I used lubricity additives, and biodiesel when it was available. The best thing I found was adding two-cycle oil to the diesel. It had over 130k miles on it and ran great when I traded it in for the Gladiator. I would be very reluctant to buy a new diesel truck due to the emissions and other changes that have been forced upon the manufacturers.

Sponsored

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
In the past four years we’ve put 400 hours on each of the two Volvo D6s (5.5 liter in line six) in our boat. The only additive I use is Startron enzyme treatment because the fuel sits in the tank. Obviously we are using marine diesel, but it’s the same as highway without the road tax. Marine diesels are typically also run at constant 85% load, so we tend to cruise at 2600-2800 rpm (3200 is max continuous cruise rpm) with an hour being the shortest leg and typical trips involve 3-4 hours at full cruise. At cruise we burn 20-22 gph. The engines have been in service 11 years and have just under 900 hours on them. This past winter the turbos, superchargers and after coolers were pulled, inspected and cleaned, no major issues.

In 2010 Boattest ran a performance test on an identical boat to ours (its serial number ends in 4, ours in 6). Last spring after having the bottom blasted and recoated with new bottom paint we matched the rpm/SOG/ fuel consumption numbers during a three hour run between Portland Maine & Newburyport Mass. The only other thing that has gone into the tanks besides diesel and Star-Tron is biocide for winter storage. Based on my experience, with good fuel, proper fuel filtration and water separation, and proper use, fuel additives for performance would not seem to be necessary.

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
In the past four years we’ve put 400 hours on each of the two Volvo D6s (5.5 liter in line six) in our boat. The only additive I use is Startron enzyme treatment because the fuel sits in the tank. Obviously we are using marine diesel, but it’s the same as highway without the road tax. Marine diesels are typically also run at constant 85% load, so we tend to cruise at 2600-2800 rpm (3200 is max continuous cruise rpm) with an hour being the shortest leg and typical trips involve 3-4 hours at full cruise. At cruise we burn 20-22 gph. The engines have been in service 11 years and have just under 900 hours on them. This past winter the turbos, superchargers and after coolers were pulled, inspected and cleaned, no major issues.

In 2010 Boattest ran a performance test on an identical boat to ours (its serial number ends in 4, ours in 6). Last spring after having the bottom blasted and recoated with new bottom paint we matched the rpm/SOG/ fuel consumption numbers during a three hour run between Portland Maine & Newburyport Mass. The only other thing that has gone into the tanks besides diesel and Star-Tron is biocide for winter storage. Based on my experience, with good fuel, proper fuel filtration and water separation, and proper use, fuel additives for performance would not seem to be necessary.

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
JTRD started using hot shot 4 tanks ago no change in mpg I can see (might be nut behind the wheel) but my def consumed is way down I think more than enough to pay for hot shot if it lubes fuel a little another plus

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
JTRD started using hot shot 4 tanks ago no change in mpg I can see (might be nut behind the wheel) but my def consumed is way down I think more than enough to pay for hot shot if it lubes fuel a little another plus
Soot load % is the biggest difference I have seen. We are at 20k and have had 2 active regens ~ 9k and 19k and some change?
Sponsored