Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It’s sad but I’ll end up getting banned for telling someone the facts.
I've already have 2 strikes against me. So......I'm treading lightly.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I feel a time out is coming. And someone will have to stand in the corner, with his nose on the wall.
Did I call this or what.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I only know of two that carry certifications for testing… EDT and amsoil.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I think the question is flawed.

What I can say without a doubt is that the white and silver bottles of Diesel Service (winter & summer blends) has made my 1.9 VW, 3.0, 6.7 Cummins and a Detroit run considerably smoother AND quieter. So much so, I know when I miss an application if I don’t have it with me.

Sponsored

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
We appreciate your experiance, but it lacks any real scientific data to prove. These symtoms and feelings are often signs of whats called the "placebo" effect.
Man you really must of missed us to make another account after being banned lol.

nanook12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pilot
The Cummins forum (Dodge) did the whole lubricant additive testing routine about 20yrs ago… one ounce of 2cycle oil per gal of diesel fuel and no pump problems. The Walmart super tech stuff was good to go…

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Cummins forum (Dodge) did the whole lubricant additive testing routine about 20yrs ago… one ounce of 2cycle oil per gal of diesel fuel and no pump problems. The Walmart super tech stuff was good to go…
That's what I used on my 2006 Duramax (that I traded for the Gladiator in 2019), TCW3 2-cycle oil. I added a 1/2 ounce per gallon. Made a big difference in engine noise after they cut down on the sulfur content.

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
That's what I used on my 2006 Duramax (that I traded for the Gladiator in 2019), TCW3 2-cycle oil. I added a 1/2 ounce per gallon. Made a big difference in engine noise after they cut down on the sulfur content.
There is tons of material around that shows how little lubrication the NA Diesel has compared to Euro Diesel and how additives work wonders. Every diesel mechanic I know highly recommends running Hotshot or something similar, so I'm not fussed. $20 for 20+ tanks with EDT, I'm really not fussed over that added cost for even the potential of keeping my system running nicely.

Sponsored

RoamingGladiator

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I must have missed this... whose the guy pretending not to be?
Gladbrennan lol, an individual who was previously banned for being quite the prick. No idea what the rules are on ban length/ban evasion on this forum, judging by their recent posts it's easiest to just let the mods handle it and not bother responding to them.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Gladbrennan lol, an individual who was previously banned for being quite the prick. No idea what the rules are on ban length/ban evasion on this forum, judging by their recent posts it's easiest to just let the mods handle it and not bother responding to them.
No kidding. That guy was a piece of work. I was going to respond to a few of his posts, but figured it would be like reasoning with my 4 year old grandson.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I see he got banned again. The mods wiped all of his posts and threads clean. You get banned once. Come back under a different name, and continue the same pattern of behavior. You are asking for trouble. The guy is really thick headed. I even warned him.
Sponsored