First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ, 81/06 CJ/LJ-8, 22 JT
Occupation
professional arguer
so yesterday I ended up going further than I wanted to because of a road closure. The miles to empty countdown had stopped registering at 20 when I finally found a station. 18.141 gallons. I see the diesel capacity is listed at 18.3...

Given that plastic tanks often can hold more than the listed capacity as they can stretch a little, that still scares me just a little. In theory, the computer thought I had 20 miles left on no more than 2/10's of a gallon.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6a4kM7pXrhFXCfZi7
Sponsored

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess there was still a couple gallons left in there

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I've put 18 gallons in a couple of times. The gauge was still showing that I had about 1/8 of a tank, and DTE was 90.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
so yesterday I ended up going further than I wanted to because of a road closure. The miles to empty countdown had stopped registering at 20 when I finally found a station. 18.141 gallons. I see the diesel capacity is listed at 18.3...

Given that plastic tanks often can hold more than the listed capacity as they can stretch a little, that still scares me just a little. In theory, the computer thought I had 20 miles left on no more than 2/10's of a gallon.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6a4kM7pXrhFXCfZi7

Of all the vehicles I’ve owned (including other Mopar products) the Jeep is the only one I’ve had that was way off on DTE. I’ve had it go to the point where it stopped reading miles just said (LOW) and still had about 2 gallons in the tank when I filled up.
Sponsored