First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
my 17' f150 has a 36 gal tank. almost 700 mile range. i'm spoiled. gonna suck going to 22...but jeep.
36 Gal tank, time you kicked it up a notch to 48 gals (which in reality is 50, I have put 50 in my tank before. Got to love those big tanks...
Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
My current 2.7L F-150 SuperCrew has the 36 gal tank. I'm going to miss it. On some trips I've gone over 800 miles on a tank. But I'm getting into the Gladiator for fun, not practicality and I'm sure more folks will benefit from me stopping more often so they can stare and ask questions about it!
;o)

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
All I know is when my new overland was close to e it took 16 gallons and shows a range of 280 full. Maybe because it is new and not getting mileage, not sure, but that is very good mileage for a 22 gallon tank, should be close to 400;at 18. if 280 is accurate and mileage is average then that would be a 18 or 19 gallon assuming my average f 15 mpg

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My build sheet shows 22 gallons. Maybe the diesel JT will be 19 to make more room for the DEF tank.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Our tanks are supposed to be 22 gal. I'm averaging between 19.8-20mpg right now and my range shows 400+ miles. Have a little over 600 odo right now.

If you look at the Wranglers the diesel tanks are smaller than the gasoline brothers, I'll assume the same will be for our JTs. I think they were about 2gal smaller for the DEF. The only thing is I think they average about 500mi per tank due to increased fuel efficiency. I wanted a diesel Wrangler but love this truck so much more. Maybe when my lease is up I will get a diesel Gladiator, we'll see how the first few years of them go along with their maintenance (I hear diesel is a lot more expensive to maintain).

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
My build sheet shows 22 gallons. Maybe the diesel JT will be 19 to make more room for the DEF tank.
Based on what my computer shows for both avg MPG and DTE....my tank is ~19 gallons.

I let the tank get low where DTE shows less than 40miles.....it even started showing word LOW instead of miles and when I went to fill up it took just shy of 19 gallons.

Something does not add up.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
For anyone wondering, this is the definitive answer and anything else is either wrong or your truck is not complaint with federal law. This emissions sticker under hood is required and it will can tell you the appropriate capacity and any optional capacity.

edit: the sticker and it's accuracy are the law so if it lists capacity, that is the capacity... re-reading it made me realize it sounded like the capacity was a requirement. /edit

How much you can fill is not a valid indicator because there's padding built into the gauge and the "miles to empty" counter.

Last edited:

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
For anyone wondering, this is the definitive answer and anything else is either wrong or your truck is not complaint with federal law. This emissions sticker under hood is required and it will tell you the appropriate capacity and any optional capacity.

How much you can fill is not a valid indicator because there's padding built into the gauge and the "miles to empty" counter.
@LostWoods is bringin the facts! Thread closed! Haha

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
My emissions sticker under the hood does not show tank capacity.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I get about 300 miles/tank on the highway, but I have a very heavy foot and average about 80mph. I would love a bigger tank, but it would have to be under the bed and there is little room.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I get about 350ish a tank.... Would have preferred a bigger tank for road trips but oh well.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
My emissions sticker under the hood does not show tank capacity.
You don't have a sticker like the one above with it listed bottom left? FCA has included fuel system capacity on most of them for a while now.

And to be clear, the fuel capacity being included on the sticker is not the law, the accuracy and existence of the sticker is - if it lists a 22gal tank, the truck has a 22gal tank. I think my post above might imply that it's all required.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
You don't have a sticker like the one above with it listed bottom left? FCA has included fuel system capacity on most of them for a while now.

And to be clear, the fuel capacity being included on the sticker is not the law, the accuracy and existence of the sticker is - if it lists a 22gal tank, the truck has a 22gal tank. I think my post above might imply that it's all required.
This is my sticker:

Jeep Gladiator Fuel tank capacity 20200507_124610

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah you aren't kidding. I thought it was a common thing on FCA vehicles so I guess I was wrong there.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I get about 300 miles/tank on the highway, but I have a very heavy foot and average about 80mph. I would love a bigger tank, but it would have to be under the bed and there is little room.
If I had a complaint about the Gladiator it would be the fuel tank capacity. There is room there for Jeep to have done a better job and get another 5 to 7 gallons there but for what ever reason they chose not to..

‘’To the rescue come Long Range America who has developed a secondary fuel tank that will hold 17 additional gallons. It will be installed on the right side of the drive shaft and require a minor rerouting of the exhaust.

I have preordered one and will get it in September. I’ll do a full write up when we do it.

https://longrangeamerica.com/
Sponsored