First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
There's a company from down-under called "The Long Ranger" and they have been making auxiliary tanks for installation between the framerails where it belongs. It's an additional 18 gallons of gasoline. I don't see a diesel version yet.
http://thelongranger.com.au/jeep/gladiator/jt/petrol/ta89p
The aussies take their outback excursions seriously and I would put Long Ranger right up there below ARB for quality.
With over 35 gallons of fuel between the framerails, you can fit a proper size water tank in the bed.
-Stay hydrated out there
I don’t believe they will be making a diesel version of their tank because as I understand it the diesel will not be offered in OZ.
I installed a Long Range America 17 gallon auxiliary gas tank in my glad and did a write up here...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...erica-secondary-fuel-tank-installation.39230/

They are also made in OZ but may be thinking of making a diesel version for the US market. Give them a shout..

Abnmarine

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland
Occupation
Retired
I thought the bed rails were 17.5" high?
It’s about 17 1/4” from what I just measured. I’d recommend talking to someone about that tank to get an exact measurement to the top of the fuel cap. Some don’t include that into their height.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
It’s about 17 1/4” from what I just measured. I’d recommend talking to someone about that tank to get an exact measurement to the top of the fuel cap. Some don’t include that into their height.
Even then, I think it would still be able to fit under the roll-up Mopar tonneau that I have.

It's either that tank, or the Titan Sidekick, which also looks like it sits above the bed rail?

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I spoke with Long Range America. Though it’s been a while they where talking about making a tank for the diesel. Minimum one can do is contact them and show interest. The tentative plan is for me to leave them my Jeep to see if they can make something work.

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I am interested in an Aux Diesel fuel tank also. I have used Jerry cans in the past and would like to go in a different direction this time. I read through the posts on this thread and others, and it does not look like there is a solution yet. Has anyone found anything new or heard of anything coming? Thank you.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I am interested in an Aux Diesel fuel tank also. I have used Jerry cans in the past and would like to go in a different direction this time. I read through the posts on this thread and others, and it does not look like there is a solution yet. Has anyone found anything new or heard of anything coming? Thank you.
I have not seen or heard anything regarding a movement in this area. The more that I work on this vehicle. I also notice how difficult it would be to fit something down there. I know removing the spare tire would be an option. Albeit not ideal as I would prefer to keep all weight before the axle.

Sponsored

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have not seen or heard anything regarding a movement in this area. The more that I work on this vehicle. I also notice how difficult it would be to fit something down there. I know removing the spare tire would be an option. Albeit not ideal as I would prefer to keep all weight before the axle.
Thank you for the reply. maybe something will come up, or it may have to end up being a custom thing.

rogerniner

First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 3.0L
Occupation
Nonya
No part # the tank was custom made and installed by aero tank. Super simple open valve feeds stock tank you can use 100% of bed tank 35 + gal I fill every 6 to 8 weeks jus love it. Aero has my measurements:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
That photo of your aux tank install is the best mod I've seen on a gladiator. respect for putting your invoice for us.

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I plan on using a Titan Sidekick:

Jeep Gladiator Diesel: Aux Tank or Larger Fuel tank 1651634888790

And then using a valve tapped on the bottom of the tank, then running a gravity line to the OEM filler neck with a "T". I will also have a "T" near the Titan tank to tap diesel for my diesel heater. What could go wrong?

GoFastJTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
I got a 40 gallon Transfer Flow transfer tank for my Ecodiesel. I was told it’s the best quality tank on the market. I also added an in line fuel filter, digital fuel meter and an automatic nozzle.

I love it. I can go a month without gas stations, or go off-roading without even thinking about gas stations.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I’d be interested in a bed gravity fed system. However, if removable would be better. I do use my bed quite a bit for truck stuff and it would likely be in the way for a lot of it.
Sponsored