Sponsored

Diesel particulate filter

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have had many diesels and never had a problem with build up. My question is with the Jeep diesel does it clean when you run over 55 for a hour or send a message to run over 55 when needed
Sponsored

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Haha this post brought back bad memories.
My last diesel was a 2010 6.7 Cummins.
I was working long days on the farm so took a drive late at night in my brand new truck that was giving me the dpf message. Wiped out the front end on a mule deer in the middle of the nowhere.
That’s why I’m lurking forums trying to figure out if I want to go the diesel delete route again, or just order a 3.6 instead.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have had many diesels and never had a problem with build up. My question is with the Jeep diesel does it clean when you run over 55 for a hour or send a message to run over 55 when needed
There is no magic speed where the DPF will be able to naturally burn off soot. It relates to temperature. The DPF will start to burn off soot slowly at a certain temperature.

I've been watching mine using a Scan Guage and it seems to me that 650 degrees F is that temperature where I start to see soot burn off slowly on its own. For me, 650 degrees only occurs when I'm towing a trailer, or when I'm driving on the interstate at 65-75 MPH. In other words, I have to work the engine pretty hard which is a small fraction of the time.

OP
OP

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well that’s good news for me because I am in the Interstate for usually a hour a lot. Also towing will help. Thanks

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I have a OBD Veepeak scan plug and the Fusion app on my phone with a dash setup I downloaded from here (that was from ram ecodiesel). I says DPF% but I dont know how accurate it is. It shows when a Active or Passive regen happens. Passive happens a lot, basically when ever your not idling. Active regen I have only see twice in the last 800 miles I have used it. The first was when the DPF% got to 80% which was also while towing. After it went to 4%. Second time happened today while it has be at 100% for the last full take of fuel (weird). I was only going 45mph and it started. After 10 minutes I came to a stop sign and it said 14%. It did not start back up once I go going again. seem sporadic when the full Active regen happens.

Sponsored

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I have a OBD Veepeak scan plug and the Fusion app on my phone with a dash setup I downloaded from here (that was from ram ecodiesel). I says DPF% but I dont know how accurate it is. It shows when a Active or Passive regen happens. Passive happens a lot, basically when ever your not idling. Active regen I have only see twice in the last 800 miles I have used it. The first was when the DPF% got to 80% which was also while towing. After it went to 4%. Second time happened today while it has be at 100% for the last full take of fuel (weird). I was only going 45mph and it started. After 10 minutes I came to a stop sign and it said 14%. It did not start back up once I go going again. seem sporadic when the full Active regen happens.
Screenshot_20210809-104723.jpg