OP
OP
tkclemmer

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 1952 Willys M38-A1
I believe the 2021's are - he has a 2020.
I think you are correct. I definitely didn’t have the 4th wire. I was able to buy the halo harness separately from MOPAR for less than it would have cost me to DIY it. Kind of a pain to install but it works perfectly. I am really happy with the performance of all the OEM LED forward lighting.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I think you are correct. I definitely didn’t have the 4th wire. I was able to buy the halo harness separately from MOPAR for less than it would have cost me to DIY it. Kind of a pain to install but it works perfectly. I am really happy with the performance of all the OEM LED forward lighting.
Trying to figure out what all I need. I have the Safety Group so already have rears.

Mojave - so I have the Rubicon fenders with the right DRL piece - just need the LEDS right? Seems like I can just swap in the fogs ( plastic bumper ), the DRLs, and the headlights - flash and done? I have the 4 wires.

OP
OP
tkclemmer

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to figure out what all I need. I have the Safety Group so already have rears.

Mojave - so I have the Rubicon fenders with the right DRL piece - just need the LEDS right? Seems like I can just swap in the fogs ( plastic bumper ), the DRLs, and the headlights - flash and done? I have the 4 wires.
Sounds like you are on the right track. The fog lights are a direct swap. If you are going the OEM route, make sure you get the harness with the LED DRL/turn signal units. The halogen harness that runs inside the flares is not a direct plug in. You’ll need to pull the fender liners to rerun that wiring.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Sounds like you are on the right track. The fog lights are a direct swap. If you are going the OEM route, make sure you get the harness with the LED DRL/turn signal units. The halogen harness that runs inside the flares is not a direct plug in. You’ll need to pull the fender liners to rerun that wiring.
Thanks for that tip!

Should have ordered. Also adding the OEM front camera, proximity, and aux switches. Got my work cut out.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I have the Oracle Oculus LED headlights on my 21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary. It did not have factory LED's. However, the harness does have the fourth wire. Also, now I have the Tazer mini. Can I wire the Oracle Oculus Halo's directly to the fourth wire (halo wire) in the factory headlight connection then program halo's operate with Tazer? I would like to do away with the fuse tap. Thanks for the help.
We haven't tried this yet. As long as that wire has 12v and not 6v, should work in theory. Feel free to try and report back!

Sponsored

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
What was the Mopar part number for the harness?

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Hopping in too. I just installed a set of JL take off mopar LEDS. Normal and auto work fine. High beams and halls do not. I assume I also need this harnesss to fix these issues in my Mojave?

OP
OP
tkclemmer

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the jumper wire. I was hoping you knew the part number for the 4th wire harness.
The jumper wire is the missing 4th wire and was all I needed to complete the installation. It’s pre-terminated so it can be added directly to the plugs at the headlights and the BCM in the passenger side footwell. You don’t need to replace the entire harness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tkclemmer

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopping in too. I just installed a set of JL take off mopar LEDS. Normal and auto work fine. High beams and halls do not. I assume I also need this harnesss to fix these issues in my Mojave?
Based on my experience, If you lack the 4th wire you will need the harness listed above to get the halos to work. However, I don’t think it would impact the operation of the high beams.

You also need to “activate” the LED functionality using something like a Tazer or JScan module (I used JScan). I have read the activation took some folks a couple of tries before it “stuck.” I’d suggest double checking all the settings before doing anything more invasive.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Based on my experience, If you lack the 4th wire you will need the harness listed above to get the halos to work. However, I don’t think it would impact the operation of the high beams.

You also need to “activate” the LED functionality using something like a Tazer or JScan module (I used JScan). I have read the activation took some folks a couple of tries before it “stuck.” I’d suggest double checking all the settings before doing anything more invasive.
Yeah I didn’t check the wires. I did a bunch of lurking and it appears most late year 21 and 22s have the proper wiring already and it needs to be activated by taser etc.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel

Thanks guys. I get my 2022 in a couple weeks, just wanting to have everything ready to switch out to the LED headlights. I struggle to see at night driving with what I drive currently.

Jalapinoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Thanks guys. I get my 2022 in a couple weeks, just wanting to have everything ready to switch out to the LED headlights. I struggle to see at night driving with what I drive currently.
i just got my 22 JL Sport S. Very interested in switching out to Oracles with the halos. Not sure if it was answered yet, but I’m wondering if you need the fuse tap if the 4th wire is already in place? Is there a harness that will do the 4th wire join for you? Those oracles come with the halo wire separate as I understand it and it would need to tap into whatever is already used as DRLs?
Sponsored