Sponsored

DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel
i just got my 22 JL Sport S. Very interested in switching out to Oracles with the halos. Not sure if it was answered yet, but I’m wondering if you need the fuse tap if the 4th wire is already in place? Is there a harness that will do the 4th wire join for you? Those oracles come with the halo wire separate as I understand it and it would need to tap into whatever is already used as DRLs?
If you have the 4th wire on the passenger side headlight you can tap into that with your new LED headlight. (from all that I've gathered). I bought some Molex mx150 from digikey.

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 1646098528417

I can't confirm as I don't have my truck yet, but I'm fairly confident it will work based on others comments. If you didn't have the 4th wire you have to get a harness to keep the factory look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tkclemmer

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 1952 Willys M38-A1
Cheers to you guys for trying to do things the right way. I can’t stand hacked together wiring.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
i just got my 22 JL Sport S. Very interested in switching out to Oracles with the halos. Not sure if it was answered yet, but I’m wondering if you need the fuse tap if the 4th wire is already in place? Is there a harness that will do the 4th wire join for you? Those oracles come with the halo wire separate as I understand it and it would need to tap into whatever is already used as DRLs?
I am working on this. Currently I have the Oracle lights with the fuse tape for the Halos. My Jeep has the fourth wire and I have ordered a couple connections to try the fourth wire as opposed to the fuse tape. If this works it also requires adding Halos in the settings. This can be done with a programmer or by a dealer. When I have completed this I will let you know if it worked out.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
We haven't tried this yet. As long as that wire has 12v and not 6v, should work in theory. Feel free to try and report back!
JP I finished up with the Oracle Halo connection to the factory headlight plug and halo wire to Oculus Halos. I checked voltage and it is 12 volts at factory halo wire. Changed the Jeep halo light setting to halo's installed and now the Oculus halos are working via factory halo wire. I hope you can help me with one question. In the Oracle Oculus harness there is a split where the harness splits to provide power and ground to each side, driver/passenger. At this spit there is a large block. Is this block simply a junction to provide wire for each side (driver/passenger) or is there electric components within the block to regulate power or otherwise. I want to confirm there are no electronics within this block that may effect headlight operation or headlight life. Once this is confirmed I will share what I have done useing the factory Halo wire. Thanks

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
JP I finished up with the Oracle Halo connection to the factory headlight plug and halo wire to Oculus Halos. I checked voltage and it is 12 volts at factory halo wire. Changed the Jeep halo light setting to halo's installed and now the Oculus halos are working via factory halo wire. I hope you can help me with one question. In the Oracle Oculus harness there is a split where the harness splits to provide power and ground to each side, driver/passenger. At this spit there is a large block. Is this block simply a junction to provide wire for each side (driver/passenger) or is there electric components within the block to regulate power or otherwise. I want to confirm there are no electronics within this block that may effect headlight operation or headlight life. Once this is confirmed I will share what I have done useing the factory Halo wire. Thanks
It's just a molded junction. Nothing important there.

Sponsored

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Following up for science. I have a mid 21 mojave. Installed factory mopar LED take offs with no halo. Purchased a Tazer mini today and changed settings to LED. Can confirm halo now works with no need to install anything or additional wires.
Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 0A34BE1C-0763-445C-9604-BCBC6AABF652

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
If you have the 4th wire on the passenger side headlight you can tap into that with your new LED headlight. (from all that I've gathered). I bought some Molex mx150 from digikey.

1646098528417.png

I can't confirm as I don't have my truck yet, but I'm fairly confident it will work based on others comments. If you didn't have the 4th wire you have to get a harness to keep the factory look.

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 1646098528417

Finished with Halo wiring mod. About a year ago I installed the Oracle Oculus Headlights with Halos. They have worked perfect since install and I am very happy with clean, bright beam provided by the Oculus lights. However, I was not happy with the fuse tap necessary for power to the halo. I found that my 21 Glad was prewired for factory LED/Halo headlights and the following is how I eliminated the fuse tap.

I depinned the Halo wire from the headlight connection. I pinned a Molex MX150 2 pin connector with the Halo positive wire and ground wire and ran these wires from the added connector to the Oculus Halo lead. Last the lighting option for Halos needed to be updated and programmed. This can by performed by Dealer or with programmer (Tazer).

Added MX150.JPG

Ground Lug.JPG

Finished connection 2.JPG

Halos Working.JPG

jeeptx007

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
hello everyone
I am new to the forum and I needed some help with my Mopar led headlights. I have a 2021 JLU Rubicon and discovered that the driver side has the 4 pin harness, but the passenger side only has the 3 pin harness. I had purchased a pigtail style harness that connects on the passenger side above the headlight it was mentioned a page previous to this page, but the halos and hi/lo beam still wont function. The halos wont turn on and when i have the headlights on and put the hi beam , the low beams turn off. I took the jeep to the dealership today to add the codes and reflash, but this didn't work. I was told i needed a harness to the module under passenger side where the glovebox is located. The confusing part is even if harness that are referring to was in stock which its on backorder, how would you connect the harness to the existing factory harness since i already have the 4 pin on the driver side?? Anyone have similar experience and have you been able to correct this issue? thanks in advance

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Can't help. Mine came with the fourth wire on both sides. Makes no sense to wire one side and not the other.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The Pass side is just missing one wire on the headlight pigtail and all you need should be is this : Custom Harness For Jeep Gladiator . To Add The 4th Wire For Pnp LED Headlights | eBay
@SV_Patmos check this out. eBay link dead now, here is current:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234449621439

I think this is a Diesel issue. 2021+ 3.6 have 4 wires at each harness, Diesels do not on the passenger side but it's just a quick pigtail swap.

You should probably jump on it:

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 1651252150643

Last edited:

Unbreakable

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S 3.0
@SV_Patmos check this out. eBay link dead now, here is current:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234449621439

I think this is a Diesel issue. 2021+ 3.6 have 4 wires at each harness, Diesels do not on the passenger side but it's just a quick pigtail swap.

You should probably jump on it:

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 1651252150643
Wow $90 a $40 price jump from before, looks like I'll be making my own harness when I add LED's.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
This is the harness for the passenger side on my diesel that I ordered.

2022 Rubicon diesel. I had the 4 wires on drivers side but only 3 wires on the passenger side.

Mopar harness. It is a short 1 foot long harness.

68414409AB​
Headlamp Wiring​
$15.56​

20220507_134220.jpg

trizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Diesel

2022 Rubicon diesel. I had the 4 wires on drivers side but only 3 wires on the passenger side.

68414409AB​
Headlamp Wiring​
$15.56​

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 20220507_134220
Exactly what I'm looking for thanks

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

68414409AB​
Headlamp Wiring​
$15.56​

Jeep Gladiator DIY Mopar LED Headlight Halo Harness 20220507_134220
So this is all that’s needed to make the halos work for the oem led? Both sides of mine have 3 wires so I can buy 2 of these and make it work along with jscan?
Sponsored