Sponsored

Do MaxTow make a difference offroading (vs a non maxtow sport model).

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Im about to pull the trigger on a Sport S, usually i use my truck for the dunes and overlanding (but im new to jeep), should i get the maxtow or just avoid it and get another package ?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Im about to pull the trigger on a Sport S, usually i use my truck for the dunes and overlanding (but im new to jeep), should i get the maxtow or just avoid it and get another package ?
The MaxTow package includes better axles, higher alternator output, and enhanced cooling to provide maximum towing capacity available for the Gladiator. If you don't need that towing capacity, the regular tow package is sufficient. The MaxTow package also provides a 4:10 differential, which is usually only on the Rubicon.

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
The wider axles certainly help have 35s on for off roading and not rubbing at turn/articulation. Add some rubicon fender flares and you are set. My experience anyway
Good point. Thank you for sharing your experience sir. i will have that on mind

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
The MaxTow package includes better axles, higher alternator output, and enhanced cooling to provide maximum towing capacity available for the Gladiator. If you don't need that towing capacity, the regular tow package is sufficient. The MaxTow package also provides a 4:10 differential, which is usually only on the Rubicon.
Thanks for the info man. im taking notes :D

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't really tow anything, but you offroad a lot, I'd spring for the Rubicon.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Max Tow or Rubicon are the two best options for off road use. Just a matter of budget.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to keep information straight...

You also get all those same upgraded items on a Rubicon if ordered with the factory Class-IV tow package (my JTR was ordered this way). But you also get all the Rubicon things the Max Tow doesn't have, as well, like lockers, sway bar disco, offroad+ pages, offroad+ functions, Rubicon suspension, Fox shocks, high-clearance fenders, no air dams between bumper & fenders, etc...

Like @kelkolb said...The choice really comes down to your personal budget and what you want to spend.

I still have my 4x4 3/4-ton diesel so, if I need to tow something, I'll use it. My JTR is mostly daily driving, hunting, fishing, off-roading, trips to home depot, stuff like that. Major towing and hauling is handled by my Cummins.

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Max Tow or Rubicon are the two best options for off road use. Just a matter of budget.
Yeah, the damn budget if the first obstacle hahaha

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
Just to keep information straight...

You also get all those same upgraded items on a Rubicon if ordered with the factory Class-IV tow package (my JTR was ordered this way). But you also get all the Rubicon things the Max Tow doesn't have, as well, like lockers, sway bar disco, offroad+ pages, offroad+ functions, Rubicon suspension, Fox shocks, high-clearance fenders, no air dams between bumper & fenders, etc...

Like @kelkolb said...The choice really comes down to your personal budget and what you want to spend.

I still have my 4x4 3/4-ton diesel so, if I need to tow something, I'll use it. My JTR is mostly daily driving, hunting, fishing, off-roading, trips to home depot, stuff like that. Major towing and hauling is handled by my Cummins.

True, the Rubi comes with all that extra stuff....but it also comes with a bigger price tag !

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the damn budget if the first obstacle hahaha
I leased mine to keep it affordable at first, and to decide if I really liked it. Now that I've had it for about 4 months, I really like it. So I'm going to keep it in the stable for a long time. Once my lease it up, I plan on buying it, and the payment will still be very affordable then, because I will have paid a huge chunk of residual amount on my lease, that will go straight towards the negotiated price we agreed upon, before I signed paperwork at the dealership. So, when I do finally buy it out, I'll only owe about $28K on a truck that should still be worth around $40K (I don't put high miles on, or beat-up my vehicles). The Rubicons really hold a value over the other models. That's something I'd add into a consideration, despite the higher initial purchase price.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything, it's not my money, I've already signed my life away. :CWL: I'm just tossing out info that is rarely discussed out in the open in the Jeep forums.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
True, the Rubi comes with all that extra stuff....but it also comes with a bigger price tag !
This is true, but it also holds a MUCH higher value over time, compared to all other Wrangler models.

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
I leased mine to keep it affordable at first, and to decide if I really liked it. Now that I've had it for about 4 months, I really like it. So I'm going to keep it in the stable for a long time. Once my lease it up, I plan on buying it, and the payment will still be very affordable then, because I will have paid a huge chunk of residual amount on my lease, that went towards the negotiated price before I signed paperwork at the dealership. So, when I do finally buy it out, I'll only owe about $28K on a truck that should still be worth around $40K. The Rubicons really hold a value over the other models. That's something I'd add into a consideration, despite the higher initial purchase price.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything, it's not my money, I've already signed my life away. :CWL: I'm just tossing out info that is rarely discussed out in the open in the Jeep forums.
interesting the way you say it and you did with the JTR, but honestly i'm on a budget and i would prefer to get what i can now and slowly start building it with the accessories, tires etc i want. Thats true Rubicon comes with a few stock advantages that would be difficult to add aftermarket. but we will see when i get the quote for both models. Thank you again for your words

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
interesting the way you say it and you did with the JTR, but honestly i'm on a budget and i would prefer to get what i can now and slowly start building it with the accessories, tires etc i want. Thats true Rubicon comes with a few stock advantages that would be difficult to add aftermarket. but we will see when i get the quote for both models. Thank you again for your words
I think someone added it up on here before, and it was $10K or more to add all the Rubicon stuff aftermarket. You can probably get a good deal on a Rubicon for a lot less than that over a Max Tow model.

When I got mine I was on a very constrained budget, as well. This has allowed me to alleviate some other debts I had, and now I'm on a good financial path again, all-the-while, still modding my leased JTR, that I plan on purchasing. The only reason I'm not scared to mod it, is because I'm 100% sure that I plan on purchasing it after my lease is up. So, it won't be money wasted. But it's best to know 100% before doing anything like that. :like:

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Just my $.02, but I'm leasing my Max Tow Sport, because I am building a YJ up for the serious stuff, and wanted a JT to tow it around. I have lightly wheeled the stock JT, and I must say I am beyond impressed at it's capabilities. The limited slip rear that comes with the Max Tow package works extremely well, even when I was teetering on opposite wheels. I have no regrets about not getting a Rubi, and am happy with my low payments.
Sponsored