Sponsored

Do you think the JT will have better road manners then the JL?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I did a Laramie, with 4wd, Hemi e-torque, 12" screen, and a bunch of other stuff for mid $50s. Next year by this time they will be $10K off MSRP so could pick it up mid $40s which wouldn't be bad at all. Add in another $10K in mods and your at the price of a diesel rubicon JT
exactly but I did the longhorn as a base and added just about everything possible

Love the Jeeps - interior just can't compete though
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
exactly but I did the longhorn as a base and added just about everything possible

Love the Jeeps - interior just can't compete though
I'm not interested in the JT for the interior. It's what's outside that matters. That I can get further away, and do so while reveling in the out-of-doors (top down) is what matters.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I want a jack of all trades. Im spoiled like that. Also since Im trying to keeps cars for longer periods and its my do everything vehicle I want all that luxury stuff.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I've actually tossed this around myself as I owned a two door JK and the driver fatigue on long trips was very apparent. The increase wheelbase on even an Unlimited would probably help mitigate some of the fatigue, but the majority of it came from seating position and interior layout. It's been a while since I've owned a pickup but I'm hopeful the wheelbase will help with highway manners and the suspension isn't too harsh that it's borderline bouncy. I plan to take mine cross country on a fairly regular basis until I make the move West so hopefully it's comfortable enough on long trips.

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I've actually tossed this around myself as I owned a two door JK and the driver fatigue on long trips was very apparent. The increase wheelbase on even an Unlimited would probably help mitigate some of the fatigue, but the majority of it came from seating position and interior layout. It's been a while since I've owned a pickup but I'm hopeful the wheelbase will help with highway manners and the suspension isn't too harsh that it's borderline bouncy. I plan to take mine cross country on a fairly regular basis until I make the move West so hopefully it's comfortable enough on long trips.
Unlike traditional trucks FCA uses rear coil springs instead of leaf springs which automatically makes them better riding. I think the spring rate used will really determine the end ride.

Also with that said I would like to do the MOPAR 2" with 37s. My concern is so far I have seen people say the MOPAR lift is kind of stiff, which I'm not surprised about since its using Fox shocks and a lot of JK guys said the Fox shocks are stiff. I just wonder if its possible to have the kit with an adjustable shock (external adjustable so soften for daily use and then stiffen up on the trail). But then again that just more money thrown at the truck. Is one of the reasons I keep going back to just a leveling kit (spacer up front) and 35s

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Like the title says, do you think the road manners of the JT will be better then the JL?

As some of you know I'm looking for an Overlander and my current JKU I'm not a huge fan of using as an Overlander due to the loose steering and how much work is required to "drive" it on long road trips.

Now with that said the JT is going to be using Ram style rear suspension, have a longer track (extended frame), plus the benefits the JL has over the JK which "should" make it better then my current JKU.

I just worry about buying something for $50K and being over driving it again, even though I love everything else about it.
Definitely because of the longer wheelbase
Sponsored