Sponsored

Do you think the shops that do truck conversions are pissed?

pittbug

First Name
Reuben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Audi S5
Without mentioning names, do you think they're a little pissed that Jeep is producing a truck again? I know they do other services like engine swaps and suspension mods, but it must surely take a bite out of their business.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I don't want to sound harsh but I truly don't care. All they where doing was putting a bed on a Wrangler for the most part.

Now we have 7,650 towing 1,600 payload. The JT blows the other truck out of the water.

I would bet that they will figure out a way to make new modifications to the JT. They seam like a smart and talented group. I'm sure they will be fine.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
If we're talking about the company I think we are, they are doing just fine and moving away from a Jeep centric world anyway. They are partnered directly with Chevy with the truck name that sounds like Dyson.

I think at that level, AEV, Bruiser and Rubitrux all have plenty going on and know business is business. Rather than being pissed they're probably all looking to figure out what new things they can make to take advantage of a new market.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Those shops can do the 2 door JT conversions now, so the guys on the other thread stop crying about not having a 2-door, longer bed option. hahahaha

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I bet most of the conversion shops would rather make bolt-on parts than deal with those conversions. I can't imagine there is a large market for the $80K plus conversion kits compared to suspension systems. So while they did offer them I think it was a small part of their business and more of a way to show offer their engineering talent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pittbug

First Name
Reuben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Audi S5
Those shops can do the 2 door JT conversions now, so the guys on the other thread stop crying about not having a 2-door, longer bed option. hahahaha
Good point :) I wonder if they'll do a reverse conversion... take a JT and shorten it to a 2 door cab....

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Wot? Killin me! I cannot wait to tear up a hill 2dr style. All ninety feet of bed bouncing. Tires spraying dirt when they touch down, briefly, before being torked back up. Stuff flying. Your all boring asses with the properly balanced kit, easy up the course, four dooring it real appropriate like, just no fun at all.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
If you’re talking about who I think you are talking about, they will be just fine.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I bet most of the conversion shops would rather make bolt-on parts than deal with those conversions. I can't imagine there is a large market for the $80K plus conversion kits compared to suspension systems. So while they did offer them I think it was a small part of their business and more of a way to show offer their engineering talent.
I bet their lawyers are happy. Bolt on stuff is a lot easier to warranty that remodeling a JL to the studs... so to speak.

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
They will probably start making long bed and Dooley conversions

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the Jeeps sitting on Rubitrux lot in Boone they ain't hurtin for business, they make more off Hemi swaps than truck conversions anyways. If they ever put a Hemi in the JT then that may hurt them some.
Sponsored