Overland Model, What do you think

longhornlove

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Go for it. I just bought an Overland High Altitude. Will be delivered next week. It is what I wanted plain and simple. They are far and few between for sure. There was only one in the entire country like I wanted. Still got a good deal too. That includes $1600 shipping from MD to TX.
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have back issues and I find it's easier sitting in my Overland than most other vehicles. I think they are a bit better than those in my wife's Grand Cherokee. Better than the other JT trims? Can't say - but they are good seats, IMO - for my bad back, especially.
They feel no different than the other trims in my experience unless you go high altitude

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I have a 2020 Overland that I bought used with 13k miles on it and a lot of mods. It has almost every option and is a blast to drive, gets around great in the snow and of course it's a convertible. My next one might be a Mojave but I'm perfectly fine buying another Overland

20220516_174547.jpg
Good looking Jeep!

jeep4x4bp

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 Wrangler Sahara
Overland seems like the best on road version. I purchased a rubicon because by the time I added whatā€™s standard on the rubicon to an overland I wasnā€™t far off in price, so it was worth it to me to pay a little more for the added goodies and resale.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny everyone talks resale as if it's a fact......... these haven't been out all that long, and too often, it's a regional thing anyway.
Does anyone account for the increased cost of ownership over those years, and the percentage?
The $$ in dollars and cents may be higher - but so was the initial cost, and if using a loan, the cost of the loan if all else is equal.
I know in Iowa, the Sahara and other levels of Wrangler sell just as easily and quickly and as my brother has found out, even before covid, often a good used one went for the price of new.

I'd love to see people do the real math on Gladiator proving that the Rubicon will actually cost less to own over 5 years or so.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
What you're going to get is the opinion on the trim level each person here bought.

You need to go through all the trims, find the one that checks off the most items on your must have list and buy that one.

From bottom trim to top, they are all the same little off road truck that the top and doors come off and can go on adventures right off the lot.

So buy what you think you need, make it yours, and enjoy yourself.

*** Another thing, you don't HAVE to do anything to it you don't want to. Peer pressure in the Jeep Asylum is worse than High School.

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Make sure you add diesel to your overland

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland seems like the best on road version. I purchased a rubicon because by the time I added whatā€™s standard on the rubicon to an overland I wasnā€™t far off in price, so it was worth it to me to pay a little more for the added goodies and resale.
Iā€™ve had all of them but the Willyā€™s sport in the JT and from my experience the overland is the best of the trims in terms of DD.

jeep4x4bp

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 Wrangler Sahara
Iā€™ve had all of them but the Willyā€™s sport in the JT and from my experience the overland is the best of the trims in terms of DD.
Thatā€™s what I keep hearing. Best overall day to day for sure. Like most have said itā€™s based on what fits your lifestyle. I donā€™t drive mine everyday so any trim fit my needs.

MyronM

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Loan Officer
We leased our 2021 Overland because I was not sure of our long term needs. My wife chose the color so we are happy with the truck over all. I work from home . I don't drive much. We now have 12K on the truck after 20 months. The rough roads in our area justified having the Jeep. It works well pulling our Airstream to the gulf coast.
I have learned that the stock tires & wheels don't work well on the soft sands near Port Bolivar, Texas when you are pulling a travel trailer. We were axle deep and a passing 3/4 ton Chevy driver pulled us out in 2 minutes.
My only mod to date have been an upgrade to the factory LED headlights. The original headlights were worthless. Not appropriate for a $51K truck.
Nice truck for most situations.

Jeep Gladiator Overland Model, What do you think 20220607_082024

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We leased our 2021 Overland because I was not sure of our long term needs. My wife chose the color so we are happy with the truck over all. I work from home . I don't drive much. We now have 12K on the truck after 20 months. The rough roads in our area justified having the Jeep. It works well pulling our Airstream to the gulf coast.
I have learned that the stock tires & wheels don't work well on the soft sands near Port Bolivar, Texas when you are pulling a travel trailer. We were axle deep and a passing 3/4 ton Chevy driver pulled us out in 2 minutes.
My only mod to date have been an upgrade to the factory LED headlights. The original headlights were worthless. Not appropriate for a $51K truck.
Nice truck for most situations.

Jeep Gladiator Overland Model, What do you think 20220607_082024
I concur, they should just come standard with LEDs

ko15870

First Name
ko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee; 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
System Analyst
I was so close to ordering an overland. I changed my mind from an Overland to a Mojave. I lked the the hood scoop and the lower gears on the Mojave.

DVoels

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Engineer
As long as you arenā€™t trying to rock crawl on expert level trails, youā€™ll be fine. I got the High Altitude and my only regret is that it doesnā€™t come with ATā€™s. Love the seats. Love the ride. Itā€™s good enough for the off roading that 99% off users will see - the track lock diff works surprisingly well. I use my radar based cruise control daily. Canā€™t imagine not having that feature if you live anywhere with traffic. If I had to do it over again, my only change would be to get hydro blue instead of snazzberry, because Iā€™m not a Texas Aggie. šŸ™ƒ

Niccolo

First Name
Niccolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Semi-retired
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.
I have a 2020 Overland. Very pleased with it. No complaints. The only issue I have had was the steering drift common at that time for Gladiators. Jeep replaced the steering gear and itā€™s been fine ever since. I like the ride, which should be great for everyday. Love the safety and other features - like 120v power outlets. I take it on the beach frequently. Hope this helps

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.
I have a Willis with everything you specā€™s out. Have 20 foot dual axle car hauler and have used to haul my grandsons car and my John Deere 1023 tractor with front end loader and yard box. Pulled them just fine. Donā€™t need to spend extra $$$$ā€™s just for the second decal on the hood.
Sponsored