First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
My first Gladiator was a '20 Overland. It was comfortable and capable. It had the "creature comforts" my wife wanted. About the only thing I didn't like were the crappy Bridgestone Dueler tires that came stock on it. I had it for a little over a year and moved up to a '21 Mojave. I like the seats, gearing, looks (hood and orange highlights) better than the Overland - plus it is more capable for the type of off-road driving that I do. That being said, I wouldn't fault anyone from getting an Overland - it's a really comfortable truck, especially for a daily driver.
Sponsored

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
High Altitude for less then 50k and slapped some rubi take off axles on her and im set with every option available except low rang transfer case for less then 55k total into it

V8flooz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20211 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
High Altitude for less then 50k and slapped some rubi take off axles on her and im set with every option available except low rang transfer case for less then 55k total into it
With all those options, you'll have reduced payload and towing.

86Cowboy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Healthcare Manager
I'm looking for a model Jeep Gladiator that will be a street driver 99% of the time, I want the 8" radio system, painted top to match vehicle, trailer tow package, LED light F&R, and all terrain tires, plus other options. The Overland model suits me for what I want, what do you think and do you have an Overland. I also like the High Altitude model, but these are hard to find on dealer lots, even in the DFW area.
I picked up my 2022 Overland a few weeks ago and it’s perfect for my highway needs. I plan on adding a level kit and then running 33s on it. Mine came with the Tow package, leather interior, insulated roof. I’m getting 20 mpg and it’s just breaking in.

Sponsored

NewGladdyOWNR

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
MRI Technologist
Get the Overland if you don’t care about the max tow package (4.10 gear ratio), lockers and/or electronic sway bar disconnect. I, like you, wanted upgraded interior, leather seats, led package etc, but didn’t want to dish out the extra cash for the Rubicon or Mojave extra’s, so I went with the Overland.

B379E63D-3982-410D-A2C8-6D9FDBC30EA0.jpeg

6FB050DD-440E-49B9-BA46-AA1D79503B82.jpeg

CADD35C3-5670-4B6D-ACA2-05697836FFBB.jpeg

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Overland. I've had it since June 2019. It's an Alpha JTA (One of the first). And after 129,000 miles, I have no regrets. I've done everything that everybody else has done. Tow our camper, ATV trailer, and sometimes tractor. Camped in the RTT. Taken it offroading, mudding, and rock crawling.

But at the end of the day all of that shouldn't matter to you because it's all about your needs and wants. If that's what you want, don't let anybody tell you different. Get what you feel is right.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I've read a lot of the responses on here and I agree with many that the Overland appears to be the Goldilocks of the JTs (for the average buyer). I have a loaded Sport S but only have the UConnent 7 and I hate not having the rear USB ports for the kids. Also, my Gladiator is the only car in 25+ years that doesn't have leather and I'm now looking for Katzkin leather.

Plus, if you have serious heartburn over a Rubicon, you can always buy take-off Rubicon parts. They're all over this board and online (Craigs, Offerup, etc.).

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have a loaded Sport S but only have the UConnent 7 and I hate not having the rear USB ports for the kids.
They would've come with the 8.4" screen.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
They would've come with the 8.4" screen.
Correct. If I had done it over again, I would have opted for the 8.4 UConnect. Overland comes standard with the 8.4 (for 2022).

I've told myself that my next JT will be a Rubicon or Mojave. We go to the mountains and hit mild trails on occasion, but if I'm honest with myself, the Overland is probably the right balance for me and my family.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Overland comes standard with the 8.4 (for 2022).
We optioned it on our Sport for the rear inverter and USB ports.

Yona

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt high alt
With all those options, you'll have reduced payload and towing.
Yep but if I wanted to tow a ton i would have went with the sport tow setup, this is a DD

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yep but if I wanted to tow a ton i would have went with the sport tow setup, this is a DD
I love my Max tow for everyday driving.