Do you think this will work? BED POWER!

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Can anyone who has hooked this panel up to the already existing Aux power switches post a few pics. I’m in the process of ordering what I need. I know 10 G wire will work. Then run what 8 g wire to each adapter to the panel? Plus connectors and heat wrap. Does the accessory panel already have a power trip hooked up if the amps are to high? Also does it have an emergency shit off for the battery if it gets to low?

I agree with earlier response in not needing to run a ground wire all the way up to the switches. Couldn’t we just find a spot on the frame to ground the panel to save wire?

Also, I’m curious about the constant power. Someone mentioned a second set of Aux wires under the dash for constant power. My idea is to power a fridge, however, I don’t want the fridge to cut off if the truck is off. If anything I would want the accessory switch to be used to cut power to the fridge if need be on the actual panel that is already there.

any help or info, would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Can anyone who has hooked this panel up to the already existing Aux power switches post a few pics. I’m in the process of ordering what I need. I know 10 G wire will work. Then run what 8 g wire to each adapter to the panel? Plus connectors and heat wrap. Does the accessory panel already have a power trip hooked up if the amps are to high? Also does it have an emergency shit off for the battery if it gets to low?

I agree with earlier response in not needing to run a ground wire all the way up to the switches. Couldn’t we just find a spot on the frame to ground the panel to save wire?

Also, I’m curious about the constant power. Someone mentioned a second set of Aux wires under the dash for constant power. My idea is to power a fridge, however, I don’t want the fridge to cut off if the truck is off. If anything I would want the accessory switch to be used to cut power to the fridge if need be on the actual panel that is already there.

any help or info, would be greatly appreciated!
I think first you should consider what you will be running off the panel you want to install and get an idea of the amp draw you will have in total. My panel came already wired with 14ga wire to which I connected with 10ga off a 40a aux switch. BTW the aux switch is fused and had a relay to it already. For a 285$ option, it better have.

Also, the aux switches can be programmed to work straight from the battery for always on, or on only when ign is on.

I don't think you need 8ga wire for your switches and power plugs. I doubt the switches and power outlets are rated for that kind of amperage anyway. If your thinking of running something that requires high amperage like a good air pump, maybe Anderson plugs and direct wiring from the battery with a fuse link in your power line near the battery. Just my amateur opinion, sure many more here can give better advice.

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I think first you should consider what you will be running off the panel you want to install and get an idea of the amp draw you will have in total. My panel came already wired with 14ga wire to which I connected with 10ga off a 40a aux switch. BTW the aux switch is fused and had a relay to it already. For a 285$ option, it better have.

Also, the aux switches can be programmed to work straight from the battery for always on, or on only when ign is on.

I don't think you need 8ga wire for your switches and power plugs. I doubt the switches and power outlets are rated for that kind of amperage anyway. If your thinking of running something that requires high amperage like a good air pump, maybe Anderson plugs and direct wiring from the battery with a fuse link in your power line near the battery. Just my amateur opinion, sure many more here can give better advice.

When you mention the switches can be programmed. That is a feature that is already installed in the truck?

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
When you mention the switches can be programmed. That is a feature that is already installed in the truck?
Yes, if you purchased the aux switch option. Go into settings on the uconnect screen. You will see the various settings for the aux switches.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I did something very similar. I DO have the factory outlet, so I placed my plugs in the rear. I also ended up just running marine 6AWG wires from battery to a fuse block on the frame, then added an SAE 12v connector, then several marine plugs. Love the added usefulness now. I also opted to run the wires inside the frame rail instead of on top.

4665DB15-9BAD-45C0-B014-19551965A81C.jpeg

6060837E-0D06-4BCB-B88E-8FAC309777B6.jpeg

5E881458-41DE-407E-A705-E9BC4046386F.jpeg

3B9CBC81-A834-4DEC-A5D4-1FE3EFF07049.jpeg

B76C8866-81B4-4644-BEBA-7239FF9A2BFA.jpeg

Sponsored

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
74A8BBC8-7400-48CA-8BAE-C9102CADA967.jpeg

3F766344-7C92-4A88-A7F6-7B8E3E6D8126.jpeg

Ended up going with an sae style connector. More robust and easy enough to wire up adapters for different uses and toss them under the seat.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I did something very similar. I DO have the factory outlet, so I placed my plugs in the rear. I also ended up just running marine 6AWG wires from battery to a fuse block on the frame, then added an SAE 12v connector, then several marine plugs. Love the added usefulness now. I also opted to run the wires inside the frame rail instead of on top.
QUOTE]

Very nice set up. Best so far!

Dovi82

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S (STOCK) 2014 Jeep JK (NOT STOCK)
Occupation
Wouldn't you like to know.
Hey everyone, I just bought a Gladiator... I am trying to keep this one stock for the most part since my 14Jk is pretty much good to go anywhere... but I think I would like to add this... was the wiring directly from the battery or is there a plug and play MOPAR wiring harness that plugs in else where?

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Hey everyone, I just bought a Gladiator... I am trying to keep this one stock for the most part since my 14Jk is pretty much good to go anywhere... but I think I would like to add this... was the wiring directly from the battery or is there a plug and play MOPAR wiring harness that plugs in else where?
I ran wiring from rear all the way to the battery.

Sponsored

EgulAye

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 1987 YJ, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Same for my Rubicon without the bed power. No wiring in place.

EgulAye

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 1987 YJ, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I've built this watertight box for bed power. I'll have a single plug in location on the passenger side near the tailgate. The box also has a pass through to plug in an LED work light I have.

20200726_134728.jpg

20200726_141649.jpg

20200726_134550.jpg

20200726_134632.jpg

20200726_141526.jpg

20200726_134611.jpg

20200726_143239.jpg

20200726_164836.jpg

20200726_140934.jpg

20200726_143248.jpg

Mattdaddy1974

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I ran 10 gauge wire with 30 amp fuse inline direct to battery following factory harness and grounded to bed in rear. !2v in the bed works great for me. I will probably be getting the decked system and adding 120v and air when I do.
Jeep Gladiator Do you think this will work? BED POWER! IMG_0404.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Do you think this will work? BED POWER! IMG_0403.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Do you think this will work? BED POWER! IMG_0403.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Do you think this will work? BED POWER! IMG_0402.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Do you think this will work? BED POWER! IMG_0401.JPG

JPG

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Hello everyone, I’d like to know if someone has run in to my situation. I have a gladiator Mojave with the inverter and the outlet on the back seat, I ordered all the parts from the list above and everything went smooth until I took apart my dash and realized I don’t have a plug for the dash switch.
Sponsored