First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
So you have to be running the jeep to use this? I want to do a mod to supply constant power to the bed for a fridge
I believe under the hood in the group of the aux wire hook ups there is a accessory and a direct to battery hook up. I will see if I can find the thread it was in and post a link later

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
For my my use, at $15 each I'd get a second one for parts, so I could replace the switch with another DC socket, then wire the whole thing to an Aux switch inside the vehicle so that passerbys can't flip it on and drain my battery when I'm not around. Love, love, love the concept, though. Great find!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I believe under the hood in the group of the aux wire hook ups there is a accessory and a direct to battery hook up. I will see if I can find the thread it was in and post a link later
Under the hood, next to the battery, are the four AUX connections. There's a duplicate set, with the accessory and battery feeds, under the dash on the passenger side.

Sladecm

First Name
Slade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of the motorcycles...
Under the hood, next to the battery, are the four AUX connections. There's a duplicate set, with the accessory and battery feeds, under the dash on the passenger side.
And you can choose to have them always hot?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
And you can choose to have them always hot?
The battery feed under the dash is always hot. The accessory feed is controlled by the ignition. The switches for the AUX feeds are supposed to be able to be set to be hot or ignition controlled.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
This is a great find! I’m keeping this on my short list once I get my canopy and drawers.
This is a picture of the back from Amazon..

upload_2019-11-22_12-36-49.jpeg

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
This is a great find! I’m keeping this on my short list once I get my canopy and drawers.
This is a picture of the back from Amazon..

upload_2019-11-22_12-36-49.jpeg
Fyi: amazon has some that have all of the jumpers on the back pre-wired and they are only like $1 more.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
I would utility knife cut the edge around the cover plug and pull it out. I think you are making the job harder than it needs to be removing partial material and leaving the plug in place.
I have a spay in liner like was shown and was wondering has anyone use the process above (cutting with a utility knife) and did the cover come off.

Sponsored

Penmoe23

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I definitely want to do this. Does some have a parts list to direct wire this to the battery? I see 10 gauge wire, the actual panel. What kind of fuse do we need to go between? I was also going to add an aux switch for safety in the cab or under hood somewhere.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I have a spay in liner like was shown and was wondering has anyone use the process above (cutting with a utility knife) and did the cover come off.
I used a utility knife to cut around mine to install the Built Right Ind panel cover.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
I used a utility knife to cut around mine to install the Built Right Ind panel cover.
One more question if you don't mind. Once you cut it out will it go back in? I'd like to take mine out just to see what's behind it and how difficult it would be to get the wire in etc, but If I decided not to do it i'd like to be able to stick it back it.

Thanks

Penmoe23

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
One more question if you don't mind. Once you cut it out will it go back in? I'd like to take mine out just to see what's behind it and how difficult it would be to get the wire in etc, but If I decided not to do it i'd like to be able to stick it back it.

Thanks

You can just look up from the ground underneath to see what's behind it.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

Thanks
I do not recall. I threw mine out. I am sure it will pop back in place though.
Sponsored