mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't opt for the power plug in the bed, but would like to eventually get a fridge for camping. I was looking on Amazon and found this and it started me thinking, wondering if this would work. 12V plug, as well as a couple of USB's to charge cell phones, etc. The size of it would fit perfectly in the place where the power outlet is at in the bed. What do you guys think? Would something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHH5YP4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AUTFQ43Q7FMBM&psc=1

power.jpg
Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
The power outlet should work as long as it is weather proof, the power supply will have to come off the battery, compute the power draw and use the right fuse. Also look at a battery level monitor so you do not drain your battery by !mistake

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't opt for the power plug in the bed, but would like to eventually get a fridge for camping. I was looking on Amazon and found this and it started me thinking, wondering if this would work. 12V plug, as well as a couple of USB's to charge cell phones, etc. The size of it would fit perfectly in the place where the power outlet is at in the bed. What do you guys think? Would something like this work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JHH5YP4/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AUTFQ43Q7FMBM&psc=1

power.jpg
Waterproof would be my concern. Possible fading on the readout as well. Love the idea tho!

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Waterproof would be my concern. Possible fading on the readout as well. Love the idea tho!
This one is supposed to be waterproof. At least it says that in the product description. Says for car, boat, marine, etc. so should be good for this :clap:
There are so many possibilities for these Gladiator’s, it’s going to be so much fun building it up and watching others build theirs and get/share more ideas! :like:

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
make sure you are running good enough(large enough) wire back and you should be good to go.:like:

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
make sure you are running good enough(large enough) wire back and you should be good to go.:like:
I got 10 ga. for the wiring.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
This one is supposed to be waterproof. At least it says that in the product description. Says for car, boat, marine, etc. so should be good for this :clap:
There are so many possibilities for these Gladiator’s, it’s going to be so much fun building it up and watching others build theirs and get/share more ideas! :like:
Post pics (and links) when you are done. Some great camping applications here for sure!

Krash1642

First Name
C. Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 (Bessie), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Bright White (DJ), 2016 Jeep JK Willy’s (traded for wife to get Ford Focus due to work), 2018 JLU Sahara (Wife’s traded for JT)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely can’t wit to see if this works!

Krash1642

First Name
C. Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 (Bessie), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Bright White (DJ), 2016 Jeep JK Willy’s (traded for wife to get Ford Focus due to work), 2018 JLU Sahara (Wife’s traded for JT)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
@mikesjt i was wondering if you had an update yet on your bed outlet idea? Thanks so much!

Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@mikesjt i was wondering if you had an update yet on your bed outlet idea? Thanks so much!
I have started on it but not finished yet. Here's a couple of pics of when I was getting ready for drilling the holes.
I started with a pilot hole, then used a reamer. There is some metal behind the cover that I ran into (didn't realize there would be metal there) and caused the reamer to start drifting off center, so I stopped. I'll need to use my reciprocating saw to cut the 4 holes out with so I can keep the panel as centered as possible. Just haven't got around to that part yet lol

OUTLET 1.jpg

OUTLET 2.jpg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would utility knife cut the edge around the cover plug and pull it out. I think you are making the job harder than it needs to be removing partial material and leaving the plug in place.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I would utility knife cut the edge around the cover plug and pull it out. I think you are making the job harder than it needs to be removing partial material and leaving the plug in place.
Agree. Thats just a snap in plastic cover. Cut with a razor blade around and pop it off. The new panel would probably set right in nice and tight that way and if you ever want to remove just pop the cover back on.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about doing that but was nervous about cutting it out and not looking clean. That was also before I realized there was metal behind part of the cover where I'm needing to punch the holes for the outlets lol. At this point, I'll try that. Hopefully the bedliner will cut easily. :like:
Sponsored