Sponsored

Does anyone know of a long range fuel tank?

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
LRA tank is a good idea. It is shown for a gas version but wouldn't it work for a diesel as well?

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
LRA tank is a good idea. It is shown for a gas version but wouldn't it work for a diesel as well?
No. Because Jeep swapped the fuel tank and exhaust system sides. Also, there is so much crap for diesel exhaust, we donā€™t have the room under the bed and between the frame rails that the 3.6L crowd does.

Iā€™d stick with the spare tyre fuel tank, and get a replacement rear bumper to hold the spare - or just put the spare in the bed like the old school army Jeep.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
No. Because Jeep swapped the fuel tank and exhaust system sides. Also, there is so much crap for diesel exhaust, we donā€™t have the room under the bed and between the frame rails that the 3.6L crowd does.

Iā€™d stick with the spare tyre fuel tank, and get a replacement rear bumper to hold the spare - or just put the spare in the bed like the old school army Jeep.
Yep. Take spares on my JK. I can't go 500 miles without stopping ... too old and only need extended range on an offroad trip.

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
My bladder can not outlast the fuel tank so this is meaningless to me.
Wut? When I am offroad, I just stop, get out and pee on a tree or write my name in the snow then move on. Don't need no fancy restrooms so no need to fuel up.

There is also a gladiator tank made by LongRanger in Australia. Don't know if anyone in the US sells it.

LongRanger Gladiator Fuel tank

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Wut? When I am offroad, I just stop, get out and pee on a tree or write my name in the snow then move on. Don't need no fancy restrooms so no need to fuel up.

There is also a gladiator tank made by LongRanger in Australia. Don't know if anyone in the US sells it.

LongRanger Gladiator Fuel tank
I guess some people donā€™t bother to read the whole threadā€¦I linked the Long Range America website in a previous post. It is the Aussie company that you linked above that sells the US version (left hand drive) of the tanksā€¦šŸ¤­

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Anyone with an account on that site mind copy/pasting it here?
Itā€™s several pages long so I wonā€™t do thatā€¦itā€™s free to join and they donā€™t spam you.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I guess some people donā€™t bother to read the whole threadā€¦I linked the Long Range America website in a previous post. It is the Aussie company that you linked above that sells the US version (left hand drive) of the tanksā€¦šŸ¤­
I guess some people don't bother to click on the links. Long Range America is part of Long Range Automotive and is in Victoria. LongRanger is in New South Wales and partners with ARB. :facepalm:

Two different companies with different designed tanks. The LongRanger has higher capacity.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I got a 55 gallon drum in the bed of mine seems to work pretty good
Damn, thats Redneck.....my dad put a 25 gal drum in the bed of an international scout when i cut the fuel line at the tank switch underneath, rock crawling....that was probably in 1969 or so

Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...I'm out for now...must keep that area open for my air tank and aux battery, and must keep the tire in place...so no go for me :(...I need the battery/tank more often than needing that range...which I can do with 3-4 Scepter tanks in the bed when/if we go super long...
Here are four in the back. Not the most permanent of solutions. It would be better to have everything as far forward as can be. But the portability of a 5 gallon can is a must!

image_2022-03-16_175858.png

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
Uuuuuffffff, I am on same situation looking for a solution, I am towing an off road camper. donā€˜t know why someone have came up with a solution. I will love to get extra 15 or 20.
Sponsored