First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Santa came today. I got the first two 100Ah LiFePO4 this morning. I made sure that they had a full charge and I “rigged” them up parallel and have them powering both my Dometic and the AlpiCool to see how long 200 Ah will power the coolers. So far I am at two hours and there has been no noticeable voltage drop. The guy I got them from is sold on them.

I only have one trolling motor battery box right now so I have the batteries paralleled and Yates the lid of the trolling motor battery box to make sure I draw power evenly from both batteries. I did this so that I can make sure the batteries are consistent.

As a side note you can see just how big the Dometic is, that is the rear window from my soft top spread out on it and it barely hangs off the ends.

C38EBE38-AA8E-4DAF-BC03-F1A4FE6AA905.jpeg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Santa came today. I got the first two 100Ah LiFePO4 this morning. I made sure that they had a full charge and I “rigged” them up parallel and have them powering both my Dometic and the AlpiCool to see how long 200 Ah will power the coolers. So far I am at two hours and there has been no noticeable voltage drop. The guy I got them from is sold on them.

I only have one trolling motor battery box right now so I have the batteries paralleled and Yates the lid of the trolling motor battery box to make sure I draw power evenly from both batteries. I did this so that I can make sure the batteries are consistent.

As a side note you can see just how big the Dometic is, that is the rear window from my soft top spread out on it and it barely hangs off the ends.

Jeep Gladiator Dometic or ARB fridge? C38EBE38-AA8E-4DAF-BC03-F1A4FE6AA905
very interested to hear how long your 200AH lithum batts last. Where did they come from again? Bought in bulk used?

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The batteries are brand new. I have a friend who owns a huge trucking company and he is in the process of installing 12V AC units in his over the road trucks so they can rest without idling. He is a numbers guy and noticed that if he ordered 1000 batteries he would save a whole lot ov money even though he only needed 900 or so. I’m not even sure how I heard about them but when I told him that my friends here might be interested in the spares he said he would let me have them for what he had in them.
Right now both coolers have been running for over 30 hours. One battery will easily power one cooler for a weekend.
I also have a Redarc DC-DC charger, a 400W marine grade inverter and a Renogy battery monitor in their way. I’m going to mount everything on a board that I can put in the truck when I need it and remove it as a unit when I don’t.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
The batteries are brand new. I have a friend who owns a huge trucking company and he is in the process of installing 12V AC units in his over the road trucks so they can rest without idling. He is a numbers guy and noticed that if he ordered 1000 batteries he would save a whole lot ov money even though he only needed 900 or so. I’m not even sure how I heard about them but when I told him that my friends here might be interested in the spares he said he would let me have them for what he had in them.
Right now both coolers have been running for over 30 hours. One battery will easily power one cooler for a weekend.
I also have a Redarc DC-DC charger, a 400W marine grade inverter and a Renogy battery monitor in their way. I’m going to mount everything on a board that I can put in the truck when I need it and remove it as a unit when I don’t.
I’ve been lurking on this great thread for awhile, but I will pop my head up and say I’m interested in buying a discounted battery off him/you. Those batteries can be pretty amazing for our rigs.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am at 42 hours of the test and still looking very good. Now in the interest of full disclosure they are in my garage and not full sunshine and it is a little cooler here in TN than normal camping weather. My garage is about 62 degrees right now.

Recalcitrant270

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator
Occupation
IT Technician
I am interested in one or maybe two of these batteries if the price is right. Let us know when you have more info.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I hope to have some more in the next couple weeks. They seem to be a very good product. I’ll let y’all know when I see when I can get some more.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am at 51 hours and both coolers are still sitting at 35 degrees and the voltage is still steady at 13.1-13.2 depending on if a compressor is running at the time I check it. I’d bet a lot of money that 2 of these batteries would power a cooler for a whole week.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I’m kind of getting bored with my own test. Both coolers are still running. I have my Renogy battery monitor so when they finally do go dead I can get an accurate measurement of how much energy they store.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I talked to my friend tonight and he is going to get me the manufacturer spec sheets on the battery. They come with a year warranty. The next batch will be a month or more before we can get them. For everyone who wants one send me a PM so I can keep a list of who is first in line since they will trickle in. I am at over three days powering both coolers and still going. These are the real deal. And the best news is the price will only be $600 each. Let’s you know how much BattleBorn and Renogy are making off of us.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am going to start a thread over in the member marketplace and maybe over in the overland and camping area so more guys can see the batteries. Everyone who has mentioned here that you want one or two of them are at the top of the list when they arrive. I will also keep this thread updated as to when the batteries stop powering the coolers, if they ever do die! It is almost lunch time on Tuesday and I started the test a little before dinner time on Friday. I really wish I had only used one of them for the test but I had no idea that they would last four days. There are drinks in the coolers so they do get opened every once in a while. The only thing that is out of the ordinary is the cooler than normal temperatures that we have been experiencing but my garage stays pretty warm even on the cooler nights.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Everyone who has mentioned here that you want one or two of them are at the top of the list when they arrive.
I appreciate that.
Sponsored