BtrLtThnNvr

BtrLtThnNvr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2008 JKU
Someone posted a “hack” in a different thread about keeping the radio on for an extended amount of time
I found one, but it required putting vehicle in N and setting the brake. Concerned about doing that on the slope of the drive-in

Everything except keep the radio on for an extended period.
1628670353578.png
That is nearly perfect. Maybe #tazer is listening and can come up with a drive-in mode? Silly that #jeep hasn’t yet…

I’ve had similar frustrations with the lights when camping. Every time I opened the door, I blinded the folks in the neighboring campsite.

No doors

With the premium audio, I’d want to listen to the movie through my sound system as well. The dimmer dial left of the steering wheel turns the dash lights almost all the way down.

Wouldn’t do it in ACC. Don’t know why.

Sorry for the frustrations. Probably wouldn’t be able to answer if I asked how the movie was.
Isn't that a speaker hanging on the pole on right side of the Jeep???
Yep. NYC subway surplus…could barely hear anything.

So much for trying to elude the cops by pulling into a dark alley..............
😂
Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I found one, but it required putting vehicle in N and setting the brake. Concerned about doing that on the slope of the drive-in

Yep that’s the one I was talking about. Maybe a set of wheel chocks if you can’t find a better solution. We don’t go to the drive in very often but the one we do go to doesn’t have the speakers on the pole anymore

OP
OP
BtrLtThnNvr

BtrLtThnNvr

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2008 JKU
By the way, movie looked like a lot of fun, and what I heard was funny. Agree with the comparison to the Mummy…a lot more than the African Queen. Guess I need to buy a Tazer and go back!

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
We go to the drive-in several times per year and twice since we bought the gladiator.

We don’t have halos, but the other forward-facing lights can be turned off in the settings menu on the head unit.

We always leave the engine running to avoid running down the battery so keeping the stereo on is a non-issue.

Since we park backwards and sit in the bed, the dash lights are a non-issue. We’re not facing them and nobody else can see them. They can be as bright as usual and bother exactly zero people. Plus nothing to undo when you leave.

EB6418CE-287D-4639-9834-66820FE2854F.jpeg

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
We always leave the engine running to avoid running down the battery so keeping the stereo on is a non-issue.
Sounds like a perfect use-case for the 4xE!

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
We go to the drive-in several times per year and twice since we bought the gladiator.

We don’t have halos, but the other forward-facing lights can be turned off in the settings menu on the head unit.

Since we park backwards and sit in the bed, the dash lights are a non-issue. We’re not facing them and nobody else can see them. They can be as bright as usual and bother exactly zero people. Plus nothing to undo when you leave.

Jeep Gladiator Drive-in movie debacle EB6418CE-287D-4639-9834-66820FE2854F
No worries about carbon monoxide poisoning?

I'd rather shut it off and bring a jump box.

pbrevo64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
THANK YOU! I have had the light issues as well, but figured the Tazer would cover that like other said. But being able to leave the JT in ACC has been a struggle for me. This has been a big frustration for me, both for keeping the radio on (big reason I have yet to take the JT to the drive in), but also for keeping the hotspot and radio on if I am camping or doing work on the road. Time to finally get around to adjusting my parking brake so I can try this method out.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

We’re sitting in an open bed. How are we going to get carbon monoxide poisoning? We do have such a box. I’d just rather not have to rely on it.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
We’re sitting in an open bed. How are we going to get carbon monoxide poisoning? We do have such a box. I’d just rather not have to rely on it.
People get it from boats.

Carbon monoxide is heavier than air.

Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

How many boats have a catalytic converter versus cars (honest question since I don’t know)? Seems to me a typical boat motor would be considerably more dangerous than a car engine, though. It was easy for me to find boat warnings online. Couldn’t say the same for open pickup beds.

That all being said, I’d rather not run the engine if I could get away with it, if for no other reason than that it warms up the bed above the tailpipe - fine on cold days but uncomfortable on hot days.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you’re outside in the bed anyway, why not shut the JT off completely, and bring a battery powered radio for movie audio?
Not a bad idea if you’ve got one. 👍

The two times we’ve gone, we leave the top at home so getting sound hasn’t been an issue. With the top on, I don’t think you’d get very good sound through the back window.

Last edited:

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
How many boats have a catalytic converter versus cars (honest question since I don’t know)? Seems to me a typical boat motor would be considerably more dangerous than a car engine, though. It was easy for me to find boat warnings online. Couldn’t say the same for open pickup beds.

That all being said, I’d rather not run the engine if I could get away with it, if for no other reason than that it warms up the bed above the tailpipe - fine on cold days but uncomfortable on hot days.
All Mastercraft boats have had cat converters since 2008 or 2009. I pick this brand because it's what I know.

Jeep warns about carbon monoxide poisoning if you remove the rear window only.

Carbon monoxide is dangerous and you don't know when it's poisoning you. I play it really safe with this stuff. And it will effect a kid quicker than an adult, so play it super safe around kids.

3 kids died at this years Faster Horses country music festival that is an annual event near my house. Generator running by their camper is what caused it. Really sad.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Drive-in movie debacle EB6418CE-287D-4639-9834-66820FE2854F
Meh, that little radio won't run the battery down - or shouldn't. I could run my Comanche system for hours (500 watts worth) and at the end of the day, still start that truck. Granted, these batteries may not have the same capacity of that stock AMC Comanche battery, but I was running several times the wattage on a far less efficient system.

I should see how long I could run mine and monitor the voltage just for kicks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I'd worry about the cat getting HOT. It used to be farmers would drive their vehicles into the fields in the fall, leave them idling while they checked corn, beans, whatever, for when to harvest, only to look back and see the field was on fire under the car or truck.
We knocked the guts out of a lot of coverters for farmers for just that reason - they got hotter than hell with the richer idle mixture going through. I saw floor mats burned/melted.

You referring to something like a BT speaker that's an option with these? WOULD that work???? Just wondering.
Sponsored