Sponsored

Drivers with Vanity plates don't seem to worry, so why do you?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyones plates should show their phone number.
*ring ring*
"Hello?"
"Hey Lady, get out of my way!"

IMG_2994.jpeg
While in Korea where there are no places to park, apartments, homes, stores all go straight up because there's no land to build on. Even Walmarts are 3 story.
So you park near your home, where you can find space, and you leave a note in your window with your phone number. If the people you parked behind need to get their vehicle out, they call that number you left and you come out and move your car so they can get out, then you move your car into the space they were parked in - and the cycle repeats.
Simple - park where you may end up blocking someone - leave a note in your car with your phone number.
I asked my son what's up with all of the signs in cars with phone numbers - every car I see for sale??
Nope, look how people have to park - it's a given you will be blocking someone, or will get blocked in. Simply call. No one gets upset or angry, it's life and they accept it.

So - you'll see cars everywhere with phone numbers posted in the window. Anger just isn't a thing there.

Last edited:

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
If you have a super high end build or always some beer in the bed and parked on the street the plate will help identify your truck as the truck from the forum with the high end beers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you have a super high end build or always some beer in the bed and parked on the street the plate will help identify your truck as the truck from the forum with the high end beers.
I'll add beer to the grocery list then.......... but I don't park outside. However, if the door is open, feel free to stop by.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've never worried about my license plate in pictures. It is exposed to thousands of people and cameras whenever it's on the road. I have avoided vanity plates because they are easy to recognize and remember (and cost more). Most people won't remember a license plate number for more than a few minutes without an effort, but a vanity plate will stick with them for quite a while.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I got behind someone this morning who had the plate # two places after my sequentially.

I have always wondered if they're issued in order like that. I didn't want to follow her around, but I really wanted to ask when she got it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Have you ever wondered noticed people with vanity plates are proud to show their plate identification online while most non vanity plate owners cover them up for online pics?
No, not ever.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I would get a vanity plate, but my libertarian principles keep me from giving the state anymore of my hard earned dollars than I already do.
In my state, the charge for the plate can be allocated to various causes you might support anyway. 100% of my fee goes to the AZ Science Center, which is a place I donate to and visit anyway.

Jeep Gladiator Drivers with Vanity plates don't seem to worry, so why do you? 1637025824765

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They are. We registered two motorcycles at the same time, and got two sequential plates for them.
Yes, I've watched 'em pull the new plates out of a box - and they are indeed in order.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I've watched 'em pull the new plates out of a box - and they are indeed in order.
When ordering for mail delivery in CA they are sequenced as entered into the system. When my wife and I went to AAA in SoCal to order the “1960’s series plates” (nearly black w/yellow type - very cool looking) for our 2 cars and a motorcycle I asked the agent behind the counter if they could be sequential. She smiled and replied: “If I can enter it fast enough!” Which she managed to do. Two weeks later they arrived in the mail. The car plates were indeed sequential and the motorcycle plate used the same numbers & letters as the cars, but in a different combination/order. Only once did an eagle eyed neighbor notice the three plates. Sure made it easy to remember the plates though.
Sponsored