First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I would be interested to get some feedback from the lucky owners/drivers on the safety features. Like it dislike it? Need it? Want it? Worth it? How it feels ETC...
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I've asked this before and the response was that it is well implemented and worth it.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Any concern about the size of the advanced safety group and the blind spot created in the windshield? Maybe its tucked up nice and hardly noticeable? Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

MoaKane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2005 LJ Unlimited, 2018 Audi Q3
I actually love it. I was driving into Charlotte the other day when a lady playing on her phone went from the left lane to the right. She went right across my front end and the Jeep did its job. It beeped loudly, the dash lit up and the brakes applied. My initial thought was wow that was cool.

As far as the blind spot I would say when I initially got into the truck I thought man the view from the windshield is limited. Seemed even smaller than my last JK and for sure smaller than my LJ or at least from a vision perspective it seems so. Moving from a Ram 2500 Mega cab on a 6" lift and 37s the field of view was extra large and above everything else. After driving the JT for a couple of weeks I would say that I dont even notice it and have adjusted to the size of the view from the drivers seat.

I love creature comforts of the Jeep all together. The cruise control feature, allowing me to set it following the car in front of me and basically steer as the Jeep speeds up and slows down based on that car. Plus it has a cool Willys Jeep that pops up in the screen.

I even like the blind spot monitoring as Ive seen the Jeep appears to have some. May be based on my seat position and mirror settings but for me it does exist so seeing the mirror light up is nice.

All in all I wasnt sure I wanted as many of the features that it came with but now that I have them I would want them again.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I have it in my Cherokee and Ford Fusion and wouldn't buy a vehicle without it at this point. The features help save me from myself and from others. Unfortunately we're not 100% vigilant 100% of the time. In my opinion there is no loss of vision out the front that would be concerning.