Ecodiesel Value

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I had that question too, but according to the rep I talked to that's no problem. They run new fuel lines anyway so I don't guess it's really that much more to swap to gas. As far as why I bought it, getting the ecodiesel upgrades quite a bit of components. I wanted the High Altitude package so getting the diesel got me Dana 44's front and rear, an upgraded transmission, and some upgraded suspension components. I initially intended on this being an "in between" vehicle thinking Jeep would be coming out with a 392 Gladiator, but according to an announcement last week they are scrapping that idea.
Did someone really tell you that you got D44s front and rear added with the diesel? Every gladiator has that. You are correct on the transmission though. That should save you money on a 392 swap. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s the same transmission. Probably need a different torque converter And TCU though.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I believe that AMW uses the transfer case from a Rubi for their kits. Every build I've seen has that case.

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
How about a delete , banks power, 44's , a 6 inch lift and Dana 60's . I bet it would be way more fun and cheaper , Lmao

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm just struggling with the idea that someone can afford a high Altitude diesel and a 392 swap for it, but is intimately tied to the money he can recover from his stock engine. You're driving a 60k truck you want to spend 30k putting an engine into. That's not 'fuck you' money by any stretch, but its certainly not 'let's ask my financial advisor if I can even afford this' money either.

You're going to get less for your engine than you paid for it (4k) probably. Unless you're very patient. These trucks have only been around a short time, and diesel wranglers a short time as well. Your largest audience willing to pay more than that will be stock diesel people who's engines blew up out of warranty, and there's very few people out of powertrain as in diesel world that's 5 years 100k miles.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
There is a motor only on the local CL for $2,500. Would think a motor trans set up would be worth a good chunk. Excellent transplant into an old truck, jeep or maybe a landcruiser.
Sponsored