Banned
Banned
First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Yes, mine came from factory like that. They are going to use the remaining badges on the outgoing wrangler diesels...idk some special edition .

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yes, mine came from factory like that. They are going to use the remaining badges on the outgoing wrangler diesels...idk some special edition .
You can get these from parts distributors too, tempted to get one. I need to replace my tailgate so might do it then.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Occupation
Fabrication Operations manager themed entertainment industry
Sorry for the delays, been working 3rd shift a lot out at KSCVC and its derailed my badge-making efforts. I measured the flat spot on the tailgate where the existing EcoDiesel badge lives and its 3.25" tall so Ill definitely be rescaling my design to fit there. I think Ill mess around with my Epilog laser and try a layered approach with black and red acrylic and eliminate the "flag" parallelogram behind the JT. Work schedule permitting Ill have something to post this weekend. Additionally, I'm going to make some vinyl decals if anyone is interested.

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As promised... Rescaled to fit the flat on the tailgate and without the parallelogram. Some assembly required.
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel badge IMG_4896

Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel badge IMG_4898

Still need to decide on a method to join the layers without marring the surfaces. 3M VHB probably even though I gotta bone to pick with 3M about those BS combat earplugs and my inability to hear shit... I digress

Pressuredrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '22 GC L Sunmit, '17 F450 & more : )
As promised... Rescaled to fit the flat on the tailgate and without the parallelogram. Some assembly required.
IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpeg

Still need to decide on a method to join the layers without marring the surfaces. 3M VHB probably even though I gotta bone to pick with 3M about those BS combat earplugs and my inability to hear shit... I digress
When you say "Join the layers" are you meaning red to black or to the vehicle? BTW- looks great with this newer design. I'm ready to order on for me, or is that it there : )

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When you say "Join the layers" are you meaning red to black or to the vehicle? BTW- looks great with this newer design. I'm ready to order on for me, or is that it there : )
Yes the red and black are separate pieces of laser cut acrylic that need to be joined. Id be happy to make a run of these. Other colors are available if needed, but I still need to figure out the joining process first as I will not let a product leave the shop that looks like crap.

Pressuredrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '22 GC L Sunmit, '17 F450 & more : )
Yes the red and black are separate pieces of laser cut acrylic that need to be joined. Id be happy to make a run of these. Other colors are available if needed, but I still need to figure out the joining process first as I will not let a product leave the shop that looks like crap.
Well, I have a Rubicon, so the colors are perfect for my set up. Let me know once you figure it out. I'm sure it would have to be some type of liquid adhesive. 3m tape would create a gap between the two parts. I think 3m tape to the vehicle is correct though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, I have a Rubicon, so the colors are perfect for my set up. Let me know once you figure it out. I'm sure it would have to be some type of liquid adhesive. 3m tape would create a gap between the two parts. I think 3m tape to the vehicle is correct though.
They make VHB in many different thicknesses, some are paper thin and clear. You would be hard-pressed to see the adhesion layer with some of the 2 mil or even the 5 mil tapes (.002 and .005 respectively). Its wildly thin stuff and won't bleed like liquid adhesives will. I will likely use a solvent adhesive for the large bonds and tape for the delicate ones where bleed would be an issue. Time to experiment.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
To say the least. I’ve been all over this planet, the Pacific rim, Asia, Middle East, most places in between and it’s here, in my home state, that people are the most apathetic, hostile, and disingenuous. We’re outta here next year. Headed west to the mountains. Hopefully there are people of substance there to off-road with and the DMV won’t be full of fuckwits.
If you mean California your in for a major surprise.

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you mean California your in for a major surprise.
No sir, farther east. Colorado, Utah, or Idaho probably. My wife's fully remote and Ive got VA + laser & CNC business. I've got a ton of Marine buddies of mine in CO so that's pretty likely.

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Apologies for the delay in updates/ progress. I tore my calf muscle playing paintball and Ive not been diligent in my efforts to finish up the badge prototypes. I need to find an opaque acrylic as the semi transparent one I was using shows the adhesive inconsistencies through it. Anyway, Ill order something this weekend and post up early next week with an update.

Happy 4th Jeep fam! Have a safe and fun weekend! Please be mindful of us combat Vets with the boom boom stuff, we get a bit twitchy.

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
Wow I will love to buy one
Sponsored