Sponsored

Electrical problems

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Talked to the dealer today. Looks like some wires were pinched during the install of the JCR molle panel. They repaired it for a pretty penny but still has an issue or two. They haven’t told me much else. Hopefully fixed soon.
What? Where? How?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
What? Where? How?
i took down the front sun visor plastic piece to drill the holes. When i replaced it it pinched the wires. 850 dollar mistake. 🤦

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Here’s the pinched wires.

A485AE3F-62CF-4DD2-8AFC-FDE9A6468D17.jpeg

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Talked to the dealer today. Looks like some wires were pinched during the install of the JCR molle panel. They repaired it for a pretty penny but still has an issue or two. They haven’t told me much else. Hopefully fixed soon.
Glad most of it was fixed then.

What are the issues you are still having?

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Glad most of it was fixed then.

What are the issues you are still having?
Not sure. I asked the service advisor and she hasn’t responded yet.

Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Mine is currently in the shop for the 3rd time as we speak for this exact issue. I have a 2020 Rubicon and the first time it "freaked out", it was just as you described. They through some parts at it and said it was fixed. 24hrs later I'm right back. Best one was the freak out when my power steering went out going 75mph with my whole family in it. Try controlling it with everyone losing their damn minds.
Claim lemon law quick

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Claim lemon law quick
Lemon law criteria varies from state to state. In Iowa, it doesn't take much, some other states you have to suffer more or longer.
That being said - I'm not disagreeing with you per se - just saying anyone who MAY have such a claim needs to look up THEIR STATE'S lemon law criteria.
It may vary with number of visits, number of days without use of said vehicle (in Iowa, they don't have to be consecutive days), etc.

In the case you quoted - it sounds like something to consider and keep bloody good records of all conversations, dates, times, days at the dealership, exact issues (the steering thing is freaky scary) and so on.

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Talked to service advisor yesterday. She said most of the issues are resolved, but the module was offline? Not sure what that means.

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
steering control module failed. will be covered under warranty though. hopefully it gets fixed soon. one part is on backorder but the other might be available. fingers crossed

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
steering control module failed. will be covered under warranty though. hopefully it gets fixed soon. one part is on backorder but the other might be available. fingers crossed
Keep us posted - this sort of failure is never good or fun, and your unfortunate experience may help others in the end.
There are a lot of items on backorder due to shortages of certain electronics components. When the 8.4" radio in my wife's 2018 WK2 went funky, it took a while to get a replacement. Luckily it was only NAV and a couple of other things that stopped working.

Sponsored

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
This is what they finally diagnosed mine with. Waiting on a new steering module to come in now. Hope this fixes mine.

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
This is what they finally diagnosed mine with. Waiting on a new steering module to come in now. Hope this fixes mine.
How long have you been waiting?

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
How long have you been waiting?
I month tomorrow. I got some disturbing news yesterday. My son had to go by the dealership for other business and saw my Gladiator. They have completely disassembled my jeep. He said the body was up in the air on a lift, chassis on the ground. They told me they were replacing the steering module that is located behind the front right wheel well.
I emailed jeep cares this morning and demanded a replacement. I know better, once the factory bolts are broken loose, it will never be right again. I have had it for 7 months. It will creak and pop from here on out. So pissed.
Sorry to rant but I have to say I'm done with this one, hopefully they help me out and get me out of it and into another. I thank my wife all the time for holding me back before I spent thousands on upgrades. lol

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Something similar happened on my Ford Focus last year. Battery sat for too long during Covid and leaked, which caused the module that sits on top of the negative terminal to become corroded. I cleaned it but the damage was done. Caused all sorts of issues including having the wiper turn on full blast and keep running even with the car shut off. (Had to pull the fuse to get them to stop). Ford took it in and said it was going to be $$$ to replace the entire ECU. I replaced the battery cable/terminal and boom, no more problems.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I month tomorrow. I got some disturbing news yesterday. My son had to go by the dealership for other business and saw my Gladiator. They have completely disassembled my jeep. He said the body was up in the air on a lift, chassis on the ground. They told me they were replacing the steering module that is located behind the front right wheel well.
I emailed jeep cares this morning and demanded a replacement. I know better, once the factory bolts are broken loose, it will never be right again. I have had it for 7 months. It will creak and pop from here on out. So pissed.
Sorry to rant but I have to say I'm done with this one, hopefully they help me out and get me out of it and into another. I thank my wife all the time for holding me back before I spent thousands on upgrades. lol
Where do you get that idea? Creak and pop?
Not if they put them in and torque them to specs. There's really no difference, and frankly, I'd prefer a human do things one at a time and to spec than the rapid-fire assembly process used in a factory.
I've done "frame off" and other restorations, as have many hundreds of people, to all sorts of cars, including old Jeeps, and there's no reason for any trouble IF they torque properly and in the right sequence. I would bet real money I could reassemble it and not have any noises that were not there prior to disassembly. I'd also bet that I could get it together just as well, perhaps even to tighter standards, than the factory (I'm OCD)
I've replaced entire quarters (not quarter panels, entire quarter sections) front clips, fenders, quarter panels, B-pillars on sedans and wagons and have no trouble.
The factory workers are just ordinary people, too - in fact, some of them are likely less "mechanically" or "technically" minded than some folks in shops.

Frankly, if they fix the issue, you have no case for demanding anything. As long as they are following MOPAR/FCA/Jeep processes and procedures, you don't have a case.
Sponsored