Sponsored

evo 32 gal fueltank

OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
I have seen these installed, do not run one. Only on a gasser.
You say use it as an Aux tank. This you can do. You still need to get the actual tank to go in this cradle. EVO list the manufacturers that it will fit. Probably better to make your own tank for Aux tank use.
Aero tanks in Riverside, CA will make anything you want. I’m sure there is many others.
The OEM setup from filler to tank is 1 1/2”. You intercept this with 1 1/2” fuel hose. Filler to top of Aux tank plus hose from bottom of Aux to OEM tank. Gravity feed the OEM tank.
You will also need to add a 3/4 vent fuel hose from top of Aux tank into OEM breather located near the factory fill location. Behind fender liner. Depending on how you off road, you might need to raise the breather location. If the fuel level is above the breather, fuel, not air will come out. You could also add a second breather for the Aux tank
The key for ease of installation is to lay out the 2-1 1/2” and 3/4” nipples in an easy place on the aux tank to run the added hoses.
Finding a complete kit is not easy. DOT requires fuel tanks to be between the frame rails and axles on all passenger vehicles ’06 and up. Gassers have the additional problem of fuel tanks being part of the emissions system.
Including a pic of my Aux tank. Same as described with added fuel filter in Aux tank. In the bed.
Hope this helps.

IMG_8269.webp
why would this not work on the diesel if i wanted to remove the OEM completely?

even still the plan is for an additional tank as i drive cross country similarly in my f450 where i have a small pump to transfer from the aux tank in the bed to the OEM in frame tank giving me 900-1500 mile range depending on if i have a trailer or not.

i'm not worried about DOT regs or extreme offroad/wheeling ability as i don't have inspections and won't be going anywhere that crazy offroad
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
I like that a lot. Here’s my homemade version LOL
I use a ball valve siphon hose so it’s less messy
IMG_2459.webp
hahaha yes i have done that before however my bed will be full of other things and i like to refill my OEM tank at highway speed with the flip of a switch as i'll usually drive from CT out to mid almost Indiana before stopping.
 

Chance575

Well-Known Member
First Name
C
Joined
May 20, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
596
Reaction score
777
Location
Earth
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
This is my 25 gallon fuel cell setup, just an aluminum fuel cell with a sump, gravity feeds into the filler neck. Uses a rollover prevention valve to an open breather , works great and was around $400 bucks. Takes me about 5 minutes to remove and install.
Jeep Gladiator evo 32 gal fueltank IMG_7108
Jeep Gladiator evo 32 gal fueltank IMG_7046
 
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
This is my 25 gallon fuel cell setup, just an aluminum fuel cell with a sump, gravity feeds into the filler neck. Uses a rollover prevention valve to an open breather , works great and was around $400 bucks. Takes me about 5 minutes to remove and install.
IMG_7108.webp
IMG_7046.webp
that's a nice set up, once i figure out if i am getting deck system or not i may simply do a bed tank like this but a custom one that takes up the first 6-8" of the bed to maximize tank and bed space
 

Sponsored

tj3089

Well-Known Member
First Name
TJ, Tim
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
183
Reaction score
333
Location
West TX, Southern NM
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2005 TJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Postal
Once again we need diesel only permissions to post in the diesel area
Yup, I got all excited then clicked on the link. The first sentence is "Does not fit eacodiesel" 😅
 
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
well i ordered the EVO skid/mount today so lets see what happens
 

Zachanadandy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Zach
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
5,034
Location
Patterson, ca
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
hahaha yes i have done that before however my bed will be full of other things and i like to refill my OEM tank at highway speed with the flip of a switch as i'll usually drive from CT out to mid almost Indiana before stopping.
Pee in bottles or chronically dehydrated? We make the 600 mile each way drive to our AZ property every 4-6 weeks. Even the 240 miles of effective range pushing a loaded and lifted gasser at 85mph I've never once not had to piss by the time we need fuel again. The dogs appreciate the rest stops too. I've never seen the need to run 600+ miles nonstop as I don't have the desire or the bladder capacity to do that, but to each his own.
 
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
Pee in bottles or chronically dehydrated? We make the 600 mile each way drive to our AZ property every 4-6 weeks. Even the 240 miles of effective range pushing a loaded and lifted gasser at 85mph I've never once not had to piss by the time we need fuel again. The dogs appreciate the rest stops too. I've never seen the need to run 600+ miles nonstop as I don't have the desire or the bladder capacity to do that, but to each his own.
It's also about picking which states or areas to fuel up in, I can skip an entire state when it has another .50 a gallon higher fuel since I use gas buddy to plan. Plus it's verhnice filling up at 2am when it's empty vs being on E at 5pm when it's packed.


On a side note can anyone comment on the frames being different for gassers vs diesel rear of the axle or if it has a factory tow package? The evo brackets do not line up with any of the OEM holes in the frame.
 

Sponsored

MaximusTX

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2023
Threads
10
Messages
765
Reaction score
1,079
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 24 Mini Cooper JCW, 13 Ford Raptor, 87 Samurai JX SE
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
1
Pee in bottles or chronically dehydrated? We make the 600 mile each way drive to our AZ property every 4-6 weeks. Even the 240 miles of effective range pushing a loaded and lifted gasser at 85mph I've never once not had to piss by the time we need fuel again. The dogs appreciate the rest stops too. I've never seen the need to run 600+ miles nonstop as I don't have the desire or the bladder capacity to do that, but to each his own.
Before I got the JT I had the Ford F-150 Powerboost and it had a range of about 800 miles. It was nice because even around town I would only have to fill up maybe once a month and on trips I could go the whole trip without needing to get gas. Some times it is about the convenience of not having to get gas.
 

Zachanadandy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Zach
Joined
Oct 17, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
3,148
Reaction score
5,034
Location
Patterson, ca
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
Before I got the JT I had the Ford F-150 Powerboost and it had a range of about 800 miles. It was nice because even around town I would only have to fill up maybe once a month and on trips I could go the whole trip without needing to get gas. Some times it is about the convenience of not having to get gas.
I get the convenience of not having to get gas, but I mostly only drive it on AZ trips. I wouldn't want 50 gallons sitting in it for 4-6 weeks at a time not to mention the extra load. I carry enough heavy crap like tools and recovery gear. I've yet to find a trail where fuel was an issue and that includes really long rock crawling trails like the dusy ershim and 100+ mile desert trails like the mojave road. Not knocking anyone's mods, just discussing why I personally don't see the need or value in it.
 
OP
OP

Tlicious556

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
ecodiesel soon
I get the convenience of not having to get gas, but I mostly only drive it on AZ trips. I wouldn't want 50 gallons sitting in it for 4-6 weeks at a time not to mention the extra load. I carry enough heavy crap like tools and recovery gear. I've yet to find a trail where fuel was an issue and that includes really long rock crawling trails like the dusy ershim and 100+ mile desert trails like the mojave road. Not knocking anyone's mods, just discussing why I personally don't see the need or value in it.
once you have a built in 1,000 mile range you'll understand.


i can also confirm the skid mount brackets are NOT meant for a diesel frame as they sent me engineering pictures of how they go and the spacing and bolt holes do not line up or work with the factory tow package, these are easy fixes now that i know i need to cut and weld the brackets.
 

JTGuy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Pascual
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Threads
61
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1,758
Location
San Dimas CA
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Have you ever seen the "Gas Bags"? That's the way I would go.
 
 







Top