First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
The reason for the extra wire could be another Euro spec thing for parking on side of road in foggy weather. >> After or when stopping or parked vehicle "you turn on the turn signal" and depending on which side of the road your parked off of that turns on that side taillight on steady for incoming vehicle drivers to see. <<
Just something I had to learn back in 1989 for my driver's license in (Germany) and Europe driving.
Entirely possible. If my memory still serves me though, the parked piece was in the actual tail light with the turn signal as you mentioned and my rear fog was connected to my front fog lights
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It will have to be from the BCM out. No pins at the cavities on that plug [which is the bulkhead connector from inside out] There is a euro switch, it has the picture for the rear fog part# 68309781AB on the button. It also has no pins in cavities 2/7/9. I have not yet pulled my switch out. All of this means that I will be going the aux switch route. I am not playing with rewiring a brand new vehicle front to rear while it's my daily driver. That is what my TJ is for lol
I was able to get the rear fog lamp switch to illuminate on the dash with the NA spec fog light switch. Which means if I’m correct I should be able to run the wiring from the switch to the rear foglamps and have it work like OEM without touching anything from the BCM.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Altitude models *may* have the extra wiring. They have the turn signal mirrors so it's possible they're using the export harness throughout. I don't know anyone who has one to verify.
I have altitude models at work, and while they use the same mirror housing, they do not have the indicator on them. They have a plastic block off piece that covers where the lamp would go.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
I was able to get the rear fog lamp switch to illuminate on the dash with the NA spec fog light switch. Which means if I’m correct I should be able to run the wiring from the switch to the rear foglamps and have it work like OEM without touching anything from the BCM.
that is good news. Let us know how it turns out. Take some pics during your install. This is the only reason that I am considering keeping the factory rear bumper

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
I have altitude models at work, and while they use the same mirror housing, they do not have the indicator on them. They have a plastic block off piece that covers where the lamp would go.
Well shucks. I thought that was one of the added options with the Altitude. Good to know the stock switch will illuminate the rear fog indicator on the dash.

Sponsored

Penecalea

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
I know everyone here is very excited on the rear fog lights, but does anyone have any updates on the export LED taillights ? I really want to run them. Photo for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 4B831864-B974-4F67-99FE-46F1A6A1856F

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
Not sure if this will help anyone, but the Rear Fog lamp feed appears to be in position 5, on plug C6 of the Body Control Module:

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1608858012552

mjoneil

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S, '17 Camaro SS, '10 BMW 328
Build Thread
Link
wait so the altitude models that have the "black" looking led is just blank? it doesn't light up for turn signals?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
wait so the altitude models that have the "black" looking led is just blank? it doesn't light up for turn signals?
It’s just a piece of black plastic instead of an actually LED.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I know everyone here is very excited on the rear fog lights, but does anyone have any updates on the export LED taillights ? I really want to run them. Photo for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator 1608858012552
I’m still waiting on my lights to show up. They have been back ordered for a pretty long time.

Sponsored

Penecalea

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
I’m still waiting on my lights to show up. They have been back ordered for a pretty long time.
JTRUBI,
Do you know if the wires are the same ? I know a guy in one of your other threads pulled his export tail lights to show the wiring harness, if you haven’t checked yet I might pull mine to check

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
JTRUBI,
Do you know if the wires are the same ? I know a guy in one of your other threads pulled his export tail lights to show the wiring harness, if you haven’t checked yet I might pull mine to check
I honestly haven’t had the time to check, I might go and see if I can go run outside and pull one out. It’s just been -5 all week.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
JTRUBI,
So I just checked. While almost everything looks the same the body side of the export connector looks a bit different. For some reason on one side of the export plug it goes white wire, blank, white wire, white with grey stripe, white wire, and then black with grey stripe

NA SPEC is yellow, white with orange, blank, white with grey, white, black with grey.

so it’s a little confusing.

the tail light side the connector on both NA and export look the same. Also the body side bottom pins of the plug looks to be all the same wires on both NA and export.
I don’t know if it’s just the picture but I’m not seeing the colours correctly for one side of the body side plug.

Phil Raptor

First Name
PHIL
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeep-camp-system.com
Vehicle(s)
JKU Gazell kit, JLU, GLADIATOR JT RUBICON
Occupation
Expert and builder
JTRUBI, when you will receive your export tailights, would you tell me if ''E11'' is inscribed on the base, like on UE JL tailights ?
Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator E11

Hbfieldii

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USAF Firefighter
Not sure if this will help anyone, but the Rear Fog lamp feed appears to be in position 5, on plug C6 of the Body Control Module:

Jeep Gladiator Export Tail lights on NA Spec Gladiator E11
I was messing around with JScan today and this is what it showed in the activation of the rear fog light.

2233CEA3-B041-4B82-83BB-5479DC9E29DF.jpeg
Sponsored