First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales
I am picking up my 2021 Gladiator Sport S and yes "Max Tow" today. I have already decided that I want to go with 37"s pretty quick and I am looking at a lift kit that is 2" to 3.5" taller. This is a daily driver and I would say that it will be on the city streets 98.358% of the time.

My questions are:

Do I need to purchase new shocks or will I still be good with the factory shocks?

I know that some lift kits have shock extension brackets, what are your thought about them?

I do not want to level it at all, I need the rake because I will be towing, (hence the Max Tow option,) does anyone have a suggestion on which lift kits I should look at to lift it and not lose the rake or at least most of the rake?
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Factory shocks will struggle greatly to keep up with the static weight of 37s. You can start with them on extensions but be ready to likely replace them quickly with proper length shocks that can handle the weight of 37s.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Have you looked at the Mopar 2" lift? It comes with shocks.

OP
OP
Timanator

Timanator

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Have you looked at the Mopar 2" lift? It comes with shocks.
I looked at it but the price really is putting me off when I could get a rough country with shocks for $500. Am I wrong?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Be aware that a lift is going to impact towing capacity. Part of the MaxTow capabilities come from the progressive springs in the rear, which usually get swapped installing a lift. It also raises the Center of Gravity, which can impact handling and performance.

OP
OP
Timanator

Timanator

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Be aware that a lift is going to impact towing capacity. Part of the MaxTow capabilities come from the progressive springs in the rear, which usually get swapped installing a lift. It also raises the Center of Gravity, which can impact handling and performance.
Yup, I knew most of that minus the progressive springs part. I will do more research, thank you.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
This was a concern of mine.

I ended up using a Skyjacker kit, it came with new struts all the way around, new coils for the front, and spacers for the rear so that I could keep the factory coils. Also had new lower control arms, bump stops, etc. Ive been pretty happy with it, Ive hauled loads of mulch and bricks and havent had an issue yet.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Maxtow owner checking in...you want to keep the rear springs IMO. Maybe a 2.5" leveling kit with 3/4" rear spacers.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Best advice on shocks, get adjustable with remote reservoirs.
If you need to save up your jelly beans to afford those, get the shock extensions for now.

Be advised, the Sport S shocks are more than likely middle of the road Monroe (most vehicle manufacturers go this route) and they are not that great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Timanator

Timanator

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yup, I knew most of that minus the progressive springs part. I will do more research, thank you.
This was a concern of mine.

I ended up using a Skyjacker kit, it came with new struts all the way around, new coils for the front, and spacers for the rear so that I could keep the factory coils. Also had new lower control arms, bump stops, etc. Ive been pretty happy with it, Ive hauled loads of mulch and bricks and havent had an issue yet.
May I ask how much you spent?

OP
OP
Timanator

Timanator

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Maxtow owner checking in...you want to keep the rear springs IMO. Maybe a 2.5" leveling kit with 3/4" rear spacers.
I really want to keep as much of the rake as I can. I will be towing, I won't use all of it but a lot.

OP
OP
Timanator

Timanator

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Rough Country is garbage.
I guess what I heard is that RC WAS crap but have made huge improvements and are just fine now. I will keep that in mind though and thank you.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
May I ask how much you spent?
Got this one with the M95 shocks, ended up being ~$1000 before tax.
FYI, this kit did level the truck, and youve said thats something you want to avoi
d.
Possibly you could do the 2.5" front / 1" rear kit and swap out the included rear spacer for a 2" one to maintain rake, would be a little cheaper than the 3.5" / 2" kit I linked.
Sponsored