First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Im getting rid of my 35 ridge grapplers......I drive to much on the freeway and I don't like how they ride. I was on the phone with my local Discount tire and they had some new but used Falken MTs.....they came off of Rubi. Crazy cheap. They are C rated I believe (285/70/17)....they have to be better then my Grapplers. I would like your input please. Thanks.
Sponsored

sully09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Lawyer
I would do it. How much? I’m surprised discount tire would actually sell you used tires.

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I would do it. How much? I’m surprised discount tire would actually sell you used tires.
$100 each.....they look new....MTs look mean.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won't the MTs be loud on the highway?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Im getting rid of my 35 ridge grapplers......I drive to much on the freeway and I don't like how they ride. I was on the phone with my local Discount tire and they had some new but used Falken MTs.....they came off of Rubi. Crazy cheap. They are C rated I believe (285/70/17)....they have to be better then my Grapplers. I would like your input please. Thanks.
Smaller than 35s correct? Gonna have to have your speedo redone.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
For a lot of highway IMO an AT or RT tire would be a better choice also be better in the rain than an MT

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have the falken MTs, Rubi takeoffs from a member here. He had about 1000 miles on them and I've put nearly 20k on now, and they are still wearing well, I feel I could get another 20k if I wanted. They've performed well in snow and rain for me to this point. I slid for a second twice in rain with them, once doing a u turn faster than I should have and once while hauling a load and seeing a stop sign last second with a lot of wet leaves on the ground. There's a little bit of a hum, I kinda like it, but from what I understand, they aren't near as loud as many other MTs. If you search, you'll find another thread or two with reviews. Rotate them often and you'll be fine. Willing to bet what they're selling are takeoffs from another jeep with low miles

Reactions: N83

Simplejack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
U can probably unload your Ridge Grapplers depending on wear for $400 or more. I would do it, don't believe you have much to lose here imo.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you located?

If I could pick up a used pair of Ridge Grapplers for $400 I'd probably give them a shot. Provided they aren't cupped or anything like that.

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Where are you located?

If I could pick up a used pair of Ridge Grapplers for $400 I'd probably give them a shot. Provided they aren't cupped or anything like that.
Houston......

Sponsored

OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The Falken Mts have been put on and its Night and Day. Love driving my JT now.....The Ridge Grapplers were like riding on wheels made of stone. The MTs are quite and very smooth......my JT moves effortlessly now.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Falken Mts have been put on and its Night and Day. Love driving my JT now.....The Ridge Grapplers were like riding on wheels made of stone. The MTs are quite and very smooth......my JT moves effortlessly now.
I hope you do't mind my questions. I just ordered a Mojave with ATs. I will be doing a lot of highway driving with it.

I am thinking that pat of the reason the new tires are better is their load rating.

Were the Falkens load rated E and the new tires a C?

Thanks,

Don

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I drive on 35" Falken MTs. I like them. They are good to ride on and have yet to let me down on the trails.

Reactions: N83
OP
OP

xcantuaj

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra, future Gladiator
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I hope you do't mind my questions. I just ordered a Mojave with ATs. I will be doing a lot of highway driving with it.

I am thinking that pat of the reason the new tires are better is their load rating.

Were the Falkens load rated E and the new tires a C?

Thanks,

Don
There were the stock MTs that come with Rubi......C rated. They look mean and drive great.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I had a set of Falken AT3Ws for a couple thousand miles, 285/70/17 LR C they rode pretty well, very good in the rain, slightly louder than Toyo ATIIIs.
Sponsored