First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Dealers can be jerks I like Quigley Jeep in Bechtelsville by my house, when I talked to service about my rear locker sensor going bad and that I put the Z automotive bypass on he said I did the right thing it was nuts to swap out the whole axle, then said we will warranty it for ya if you want but sensors are on back order and why bother. I did the Metal cloak sway bar brace, painted it black for no show, but it was easy install and actually a very fair price, just get the longer bolt from the dealer as the OEM one is a little short with tapered threads…..Jack

PS: Got my first Badge of Honor today already from that day.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
OK Folks, since Amish Mike is taking me up on my offer, I am going to put this offer out there again.

If people buy a Baofeng BF-F8HP and send it to me, I will gladly program it and send it back or, if you are decent with tech, I could send over my img file so all you would need to do is use Chirp and the programming cable. I can also assist with the latter via Teams and a screen sharing session.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAULSO...0_1_3&amp=&crid=FZUD7JE04J3P&amp=&sprefix=bao

Sponsored

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Opa if you have access to a welder might be nice to weld the cracks before putting on the brace, the brace has a slot that might allow movement, I picked up longer bolts from the dealer, not sure the number now but it is on a thread here, the bolts MC sends are not replacement bolts unless you drill the threads out or ram them in, bolts were like $14 for a pair. The factory bolt looks ok , but it is tapered and threads are a little shy, fix it once!....Jack

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Opa if you have access to a welder might be nice to weld the cracks before putting on the brace, the brace has a slot that might allow movement, I picked up longer bolts from the dealer, not sure the number now but it is on a thread here, the bolts MC sends are not replacement bolts unless you drill the threads out or ram them in, bolts were like $14 for a pair. The factory bolt looks ok , but it is tapered and threads are a little shy, fix it once!....Jack
It turns out that the crack the dealer showed me is that small slit in the bottom of the bracket. I think the dealer uses a different 4x4 shop so the service manager was just trying to say bad things about the rival shop that installed my lift kit. He said several times he had never seen or heard of such a thing happening and it must have been caused by the lift being installed improperly. There are like 6 manufacturers that sell the reinforced brackets so that’s usually a good indicator I don’t have an isolated incident. That bracket is so thin I literally bent it back into place with one hand.
Thanks for the advice on the bolts, I’ll pick them up so I have them ready. I’m sorry to say that my brother was the better welder and had all of the equipment. If he was still alive we would have had our own brackets on there and they would have been strong enough to use as a bomb shelter. I’ll have to pick up a welder of my own now that I apparently have a vehicle that will need it. I’m not this hard on my motorcycles so there just wasn’t any reason to buy one until now. 😁

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It turns out that the crack the dealer showed me is that small slit in the bottom of the bracket. I think the dealer uses a different 4x4 shop so the service manager was just trying to say bad things about the rival shop that installed my lift kit. He said several times he had never seen or heard of such a thing happening and it must have been caused by the lift being installed improperly. There are like 6 manufacturers that sell the reinforced brackets so that’s usually a good indicator I don’t have an isolated incident. That bracket is so thin I literally bent it back into place with one hand.
Thanks for the advice on the bolts, I’ll pick them up so I have them ready. I’m sorry to say that my brother was the better welder and had all of the equipment. If he was still alive we would have had our own brackets on there and they would have been strong enough to use as a bomb shelter. I’ll have to pick up a welder of my own now that I apparently have a vehicle that will need it. I’m not this hard on my motorcycles so there just wasn’t any reason to buy one until now. 😁
If you was on my side of the state. I would weld it up for you.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Opa, the Mopar part number for the longer bolt is #06513320AA.....Jack

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
So I forgot that I had left a message with Tom Woods to buy some spare Driveshaft bolts for the T-Case side to replace the ones I lost at RC. I couldn't find them on their website, so I left them a message asking to buy some.

A mystery package arrived today. It was a total of 8 bolts for the T-Case side of the driveshafts.
Now that is customer service.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Anyone interested in going in February? I was just looking at doing this trail and would love to go with a group.
Sponsored