FCA gone

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I don't know business law in all the different countries. Is there anything to keep from labelling the division in each region being something different where they could have a name with some history. Like Stellaris being the parent, like Alphabet for Google, the North America division being Chrysler, the Italian division being Fiat, the French division being Peugot, etc.?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
From FCA:
STELLANTIS: the new global mobility leader to be formed by FCA and
@GroupePSA
. Derived from ‘stello’, a Latin verb meaning “to brighten with stars”, the name evokes the spirit of the new group and the ambitious alignment of its storied automotive brands. https://bit.ly/2Zxmn5K

Ok...

Where does the "lantis" come from?
Sounds rather... "ILLUMINOUS"... Doesn't it........ Or does it "NATI" sound like that to yall?

Did yall also know that the name Lucifer means "Light bearer" or "bearer of light"... More satanic and pagan imagery introduced to everyone on earth, yet nobody will ever see it for more than just a word...

But I guess maybe I should just go put my tinfoil hat back on... :angel::angel::angel:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
All Jeep owners from the 80s and early 90s started getting ill hearing "Peugeot" mixed up with Jeep again. Ohhh the bad old days of the "puke oh" transmission comes to mind. Easy to rebuild transmission made that way because you would be doing it. 80s Jeep manual transmission. Not much behind that (pre) 231/242 T-case. What do I expect same as always change, if you want a American made by a Toyota... Who the hell would have thought that in the 80s and 90s much less the 70s then again if you said in the future people will be buying jugs of urine to put in the D.F. vehicles they wouldn't believe it.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I don't know business law in all the different countries. Is there anything to keep from labelling the division in each region being something different where they could have a name with some history. Like Stellaris being the parent, like Alphabet for Google, the North America division being Chrysler, the Italian division being Fiat, the French division being Peugot, etc.?
Nothing would prevent this from happening, in fact brand loyalty is best maintained and grown when the brand name with the equity is used.

A good example is Johnnie Walker whisky, Tanqueray gin, Captain Morgan rum, Bailey’s Irish cream, Ciroc vodka, Guinness beer and many others are marketed under these names due to name recognition and brand loyalty. However, all are owned by one company - Diageo, which is a made up name.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! What'd you just call me???

;) :like::LOL::CWL:

To each, his own... Personally, I've always said, that if someone doesn't like the taste of beer, they just haven't tasted enough different ones to find "YOUR beer". For me, it's 2 semi-local (Alabama) beers that are my top favorites out of the hundreds of different beers I've had all over the world... Cahaba Brewing American Blonde Ale, and Ghost Train Craft Lager. They're both from Birmingham, AL.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! What'd you just call me???

;) :like::LOL::CWL:

To each, his own... Personally, I've always said, that if someone doesn't like the taste of beer, they just haven't tasted enough different ones to find "YOUR beer". For me, it's 2 semi-local (Alabama) beers that are my top favorites out of the hundreds of different beers I've had all over the world... Cahaba Brewing American Blonde Ale, and Ghost Train Craft Lager. They're both from Birmingham, AL.
I have actually tried the Cahaba blonde and it is pretty darn tasty with or without tin foil hat. Though I have not much noticed that a hat regardless of construction much alters the taste of beer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have actually tried the Cahaba blonde and it is pretty darn tasty with or without tin foil hat. Though I have not much noticed that a hat regardless of construction much alters the taste of beer.
When it comes to most everything in life, I live by the "[dis]trust, but verify" motto. And "Just because it's a conspiracy, doesn't make it a theory." :like:

And no, I don't live in a bunker eating room-temp canned food talking about "them there satellites gonna getcha!" Those folks are nuts.

As for the beer, the material that makes the hat definitely does not affect your tastebuds. The only thing that sucks is that the Ghost Train Craft Lager cannot be purchased anywhere but at the Ghost Train Brewery. It's not a canned or bottled option. Draft-only, at location. So, I can only drink it when I go to Birmingham, which is not all that often. But it's one of the tastiest beers I've ever had. Super smooth, but full of flavors. Almost like real honey mead that was made using the real ancient European recipes.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Explains why I have never seen that one around here. I am fortunate to have 3 small all craft beer establishments near me 4 if you count the Lowe’s foods grocery store beer den but they usually only have local micro breweries where the other three often offer kegs from all over the southeast. If you ever make your way up to central NC let me know and we can go hit uwharrie and grab a post wheelin beer.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Explains why I have never seen that one around here. I am fortunate to have 3 small all craft beer establishments near me 4 if you count the Lowe’s foods grocery store beer den but they usually only have local micro breweries where the other three often offer kegs from all over the southeast. If you ever make your way up to central NC let me know and we can go hit uwharrie and grab a post wheelin beer.
If I ever do, for sure. :like:

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I welcome our new overlords.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rob
Yes and
I thought that's what is happening ;) at least partially.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Peugeot is junk and barley hanging on , now They’re going to bring all their bad ideas to FCA. Its like letting California run the country.
People said the same thing when FIAT took over Chrysler. No longer the 1970's in the case of FIAT or 1980's for Peugeot in terms of bad quality and both are relatively successful companies in their European markets.

If this merger takes the same approach as FIAT did when they took over Chrysler, will be fine. There is like 30% over capacity in the global automobile manufacturing market and I expect more consolidations like this to be happening in the near future.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The only problem that is see with all the consolidation going on is that we are losing some truly iconic brands and vehicles in the process. Pontiac and Buick for example before they merged or got acquired by GM. I think most modern cars and trucks look nearly identical these days. It is the main reason why I like the the Jeeps.
Sponsored