Feedom Panels vs Traditional Sun-Roof

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Nice! That helps a lot, I'll go with the Mopar, wth, get it with the new truck under warrenty and if the the unit is already assembled make it a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks so much JTBurns, you cleared things up nicely!

-Joe
I watched the bestop videos on install and figured I'd take it one step at a time because I wasn't going to remember them all. Opened the mopar box and it was all assembled. Get someone to help stick it up there then 2 screws each side and two screws in the back. Took 15min max.
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
@Bestop

what’s the difference between your higher end sunrider at $899 and the (yours) Mopar one at $785? Is the Mopar one the less expensive material?
Speaking of: what’s the difference there? Is it just fade protection? If my jeep is garaged and the top is only on outside of the winter months, does it matter which I go with?

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
well you have a $380 dollar option too if you don't mind drilling into your hardtop.

EZ Ultimate Freedom Top
Do you have this? Review?

Saw this in person and it looks just like hinges attached to the freedom panels.
Is it functional and sturdy? That set up looks like the best of both worlds if it is quality. I dont like the looks of the bestop, so something like this would be my preference.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @joeym7
It helps to know that the installation shown in the video is exactly the same as installation on a Gladiator. Also, it shows initial installation which includes some assembly. You're looking at the full install, not simply going back and forth. After the initial install, the whole unit can pretty much be removed in on main piece and going back and forth from Freedom Panels to the Sunrider (not that you need to) really is a fast process. No need to install the Z clips or remove the Door Surrounds etc.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
@Bestop

what’s the difference between your higher end sunrider at $899 and the (yours) Mopar one at $785? Is the Mopar one the less expensive material?
Speaking of: what’s the difference there? Is it just fade protection? If my jeep is garaged and the top is only on outside of the winter months, does it matter which I go with?
The $899 is the black twill material. The cheaper is the black diamond material. There is an increase in quality of the black twill material. Think of it as premium vs standard. I would recommend the black twill personally. That’s what mine is and you really can feel the quality in the material.

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Grubby, I hadn't figured it would be much different, but no Mojave Smartliner , but at least they got back to me quickly:

Thank you for contacting Smartliner! Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer liners for the Gladiator Mojave. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Crystal
Smartliner Customer Service
Phone: 407-704-6740
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00 pm EST
https://smartliner-usa.com/

Anyone know another vendor for a Mojave, ruber bed-liner?

Thanks
-Joe
I can't imagine there is any difference between the Mojave, Rubicon, Sport, etc. beds. My guess is they just don't have a record of specifically testing or measuring a Mojave. Here is the link: https://www.smartliner-usa.com/coll...-2021-jeep-gladiator-crew-cab-5-bed-size-only

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
@Bestop

Mopar version is the nice twill material.

see my post here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ur-gladiator-today.23705/page-920#post-808187

NY JT

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys Sport 2024 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
Sunrider in te Spring,Summer, and Fall. Freedom Tops in the winter. I store the Freedom Tops in my garage (in the bag).
Sponsored