calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I *think* the issue with my step sliders was unrelated, however just to be sure I re-tapped the 12V wire a little further down and made sure it wasn't bending.

In the meantime while my passenger step was stuck down and the drivers side was working the 20A fuse blew once again. I only had a 25A fuse to replace it with but I checked with RSE to make sure it was ok.

A couple days later the replacement module for the RSE step sliders was delivered and after popping it in the step sliders were back to normal.

Not a single issue since then!

I absolutely love this window mod!! After that fuse blew those 2 times and the window mod no longer worked it made me realize how much I missed it already!
Good to hear you’re back up and running. It’s the little things. I would hate to be without it now.
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I'm looking into getting this module, and I have a few questions for those that have it.

Can you put both front (or rear) windows down (or up) simultaneously? On my other cars, I'm used to clicking both switches at once and having both windows operate simultaneously.

Can you confirm that the front and rear auto up or down feature can't be used at the same time? Again, on my other cars, I'm used to clicking both fronts then both rears and having the fronts & rears operating at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking into getting this module, and I have a few questions for those that have it.

Can you put both front (or rear) windows down (or up) simultaneously? On my other cars, I'm used to clicking both switches at once and having both windows operate simultaneously.

Can you confirm that the front and rear auto up or down feature can't be used at the same time? Again, on my other cars, I'm used to clicking both fronts then both rears and having the fronts & rears operating at the same time.

Thanks for the help.
I can only comment on mine, as I have not been able to get the up/down to work from the key fob or dock locks (yes I made sure I followed the colored wire directions on here, versus the website that has the wrong colors).
You can put all 4 windows down at once by quickly tapping each. I generally hit both front followed by both rear.
When it comes to up, only the front or back works with the auto feature. So if you start the auto up in back and try it on the front, the front will start but the back will stop. This is only for auto up. If you do the auto up in the rear and then just hold down the window ups for the front everything still works.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I can only comment on mine, as I have not been able to get the up/down to work from the key fob or dock locks (yes I made sure I followed the colored wire directions on here, versus the website that has the wrong colors).
You can put all 4 windows down at once by quickly tapping each. I generally hit both front followed by both rear.
When it comes to up, only the front or back works with the auto feature. So if you start the auto up in back and try it on the front, the front will start but the back will stop. This is only for auto up. If you do the auto up in the rear and then just hold down the window ups for the front everything still works.
Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I would probably not do the wire tapping anyway. During warranty, I usually try to avoid anything that would give the dealership a reason to deny a claim.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can someone tell me how to roll the windows up and down with the remote? Works fine otherwise

Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Unlock lock unlock puts them down. Pause slightly between each button push.
lock lock puts them all up. Also works if you hit the door lock button twice.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Unlock lock unlock puts them down. Pause slightly between each button push.
lock lock puts them all up. Also works if you hit the door lock button twice.
that also seems to active the light show on my Tazer. Hmmm

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
that also seems to active the light show on my Tazer. Hmmm
I ran into that same issue, the button sequence for the Tazer JL mini light show is "unlock unlock lock unlock" so it's just 1 extra unlock at the beginning. I've been able to successfully roll down all 4 without triggering the light show.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I ran into that same issue, the button sequence for the Tazer JL mini light show is "unlock unlock lock unlock" so it's just 1 extra unlock at the beginning. I've been able to successfully roll down all 4 without triggering the light show.
Awesome thanks!

doesn’t matter but mine has about a 10 second delay on roll up

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Awesome thanks!

doesn’t matter but mine has about a 10 second delay on roll up
You mean when you click "lock lock" it takes 10 seconds before the windows start rolling up?

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
You mean when you click "lock lock" it takes 10 seconds before the windows start rolling up?
Be aware that if you only have the front windows down, it'll delay because it allows time to wind up the back windows before it does the fronts.

Kevin

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the help.
There's a limit of running only two widows at a time, due to the current draw.
If the module were to try and run all four windows, you'll blow the 15A fuse.

Kevin

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate
Be aware that if you only have the front windows down, it'll delay because it allows time to wind up the back windows before it does the fronts.
Yes that is a valid point if all 4 windows are not down and could explain why it takes 10 seconds.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
it only rolls the front windows down should it be all four? does the child lock affect it?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it only rolls the front windows down should it be all four? does the child lock affect it?
Yes, it should be all four.
There’s been mention of the child lock/window lockout, but I don’t remember the results.

Kevin
Sponsored