Sponsored

FINALLY Automatic UP/DOWN ALL windows!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
re: safety. Well since it isn't in the back buttons kids won't be able to trigger it themselves, and there's always the lock. re: kids getting crushed by it... I mean... why is a kid having their head outside the car driving down the road? Dogs I could see. But I dunno that windows with regulators on would stop quickly enough to not crush their trachea. Just gotta be mindful on that one.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
In a former life I used to do a lot of auto electronics, I will let you know my thougts when I get there.
Me too! lol I was an MECP certified installer for 7 years at a custom shop in Philly.

That upper door connection harness is just in one of those spots, and there's no slack in it. Plus I'm not as limber as I was 20 years ago. lol

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I actually have a question before I begin this

Is the auto up down a dual position switch on all the windows like it is on the driver?

IOW can you have press for manual up and down and full click for auto?

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Also, maybe there's something I am missing here...

What you are are in essence doing is feeding the switch signal into the box, and then back out to the harness that is on the back of the factory switches.

Since the gray and purple wires are on the original harness and get fed out to the individual window motors... couldn't you just get your gray and purple wires right there in the same harness you just plugged in? Does it pass through some other module or relay on the way to the door? Why bother with the door side when it's right in front of you in the switches.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, maybe there's something I am missing here...

What you are are in essence doing is feeding the switch signal into the box, and then back out to the harness that is on the back of the factory switches.

Since the gray and purple wires are on the original harness and get fed out to the individual window motors... couldn't you just get your gray and purple wires right there in the same harness you just plugged in? Does it pass through some other module or relay on the way to the door? Why bother with the door side when it's right in front of you in the switches.
Those are the lock and unlock wires. It's sensing the lock and unlock presses to trigger the windows from the remote.

If you don't care about being able to operate the windows via the remote then you don't have to bother connecting those wires.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Ok so can anyone confirm how this actually works at the window switches? Is it soft touch on all 4 independently? I see their instructions talk about using the drivers window for all up/down, can you do it for each separately?

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so can anyone confirm how this actually works at the window switches? Is it soft touch on all 4 independently? I see their instructions talk about using the drivers window for all up/down, can you do it for each separately?
It's independent. The front auto down works like normal, a hard press to the second button position to put the front windows down. The rears just tap the buttons for 1/2 second and they'll go auto down. All four will also go auto up independently. Tap up for 1/2 second on each button and that window will go auto up.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It's independent. The front auto down works like normal, a hard press to the second button position to put the front windows down. The rears just tap the buttons for 1/2 second and they'll go auto down. All four will also go auto up independently. Tap up for 1/2 second on each button and that window will go auto up.
Ok, but let's say I want to go down halfway, which is like a 1 second hold. Or up half way, same 1 second hold. It's going to get into auto up or auto down at 0.5 seconds, and then need to be stopped. Annoying in a different way.

Yeah I am going to return this, or sell to anyone who can't get one. I will leave as stock, not the behavior I thought it was.

PM me if you wanna buy it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ok, but let's say I want to go down halfway, which is like a 1 second hold. Or up half way, same 1 second hold. It's going to get into auto up or auto down at 0.5 seconds, and then need to be stopped. Annoying in a different way.

Yeah I am going to return this, or sell to anyone who can't get one. I will leave as stock, not the behavior I thought it was.

PM me if you wanna buy it.
No, if you just press and let go( .5 second) it goes up automatically. If you hold it for any longer it’s goes back into manual mode and will stop wherever you let go of the switch.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
No, if you just press and let go( .5 second) it goes up automatically. If you hold it for any longer it’s goes back into manual mode and will stop wherever you let go of the switch.
So the specificity of 0.5 seconds is meant to mimic the delta between soft and hard press of a 2 position switch?

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So the specificity of 0.5 seconds is meant to mimic the delta between soft and hard press of a 2 position switch?
pretty much. If my truck wasn’t getting it’s engine replaced I’d make a quick video to show you.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Should the wire colors on a JLU be the same as the JT. Video says Gray to Pink/Green and Purple to Green. Calipoontappa says Gray to Beige/green and purple to Light Green/Green. Going to install on my daughters JLU later today and want to make sure I get my wiring correct.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep