Fire Extinguisher Mounting Location

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Having had a half burnt vehicle repaired once, I'm going to mount it on the wall of my garage ensuring that I don't have to physically assault anyone to keep them from using it.

I'll dial the FD immediately after the tires blow out and the fiberglass roof is completely consumed.
Sponsored

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Figuring out where/how to mount these:
IMG_2150.JPG

Somewhere in the bed, just not anxious to put holes just anywhere.

Sponsored

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I could be way off base here but, in my opinion, those Elements look worthless. At least, as a primary extinguisher. Sure, they may have 5x the discharge *time* of a 5lb extinguisher...but what about coverage? And control?

In the two vehicle fires that I've put out with my 2.5lb in-cab extinguisher (one mini van engine bay, and one 18 wheeler wheel/axle) those Elements would have been useless. They don't appear to be able to put out the volume necessary to coat a fire, and, if they...blow their load, if you will, in the first 50 seconds, but the fire resurfaces multiple times (as both of my occurrences did) you'd be having a bad day.

I think those would be very handy situationally, but I would absolutely not trust one of them to save the day.

EDIT: As far as mounting, once I refill my extinguisher (I haven't topped it off yet from the 18 wheeler fire), I plan on mounting it on the front side of the front passenger seat, on my Bracketeer, as I've done on my last two rigs. No sense having an extinguisher if you can't access it in cab. A sole truck bed mount or a sole rear roll bar mount won't do you any good if you're immobilized in the seat in a rollover and your cab is catching fire.

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
I could be way off base here but, in my opinion, those Elements look worthless. At least, as a primary extinguisher. Sure, they may have 5x the discharge *time* of a 5lb extinguisher...but what about coverage? And control?

In the two vehicle fires that I've put out with my 2.5lb in-cab extinguisher (one mini van engine bay, and one 18 wheeler wheel/axle) those Elements would have been useless. They don't appear to be able to put out the volume necessary to coat a fire, and, if they...blow their load, if you will, in the first 50 seconds, but the fire resurfaces multiple times (as both of my occurrences did) you'd be having a bad day.

I think those would be very handy situationally, but I would absolutely not trust one of them to save the day.

EDIT: As far as mounting, once I refill my extinguisher (I haven't topped it off yet from the 18 wheeler fire), I plan on mounting it on the front side of the front passenger seat, on my Bracketeer, as I've done on my last two rigs. No sense having an extinguisher if you can't access it in cab. A sole truck bed mount or a sole rear roll bar mount won't do you any good if you're immobilized in the seat in a rollover and your cab is catching fire.
You make sense...I'm planning on carrying 1 each of the normal fire extinguisher and 1 element in each of the cab and the bed area...so 4 in total...

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Seeing this video of the fire stick in action, didn't exactly build on my confidence of it. It worked and eventually put the fire out, but the guy almost had his hand in the fire.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

Seeing this video of the fire stick in action, didn't exactly build on my confidence of it. It worked and eventually put the fire out, but the guy almost had his hand in the fire.
These are great for keeping around camp in case embers get loose because they don't leave residue or anything behind but I'd never trust them for anything that has a real fuel source.

Sponsored

cartbart

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, Jeep Gladiator 2021 on order
Occupation
Pilot
B1988153-B3DA-4DE0-B034-7F05FE83E5FF.jpeg

My setup was all purchased through Quadratech... accessible but not intrusive.
Jeep Gladiator Fire Extinguisher Mounting Location B1988153-B3DA-4DE0-B034-7F05FE83E5FF

My setup was all purchased through Quadratech... accessible but not intrusive.
what size is that the 100 or 250 and yeah hands down when you want the best its a halguard their avation products are the ones i fly with.