Sponsored

First 2020 Jeep Gladiator Pickup (JT Wrangler) Video! Testing With Crew Chief Concept

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
I don't foresee the Chief making it into production. With federal crash testing and pedestrian safety regulations it would be costly to make a special edition with a new front end/hood. Plus I think it will be a couple of years before demand slows down for the regular JT and they are sitting on dealer lots.
Sponsored

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
The pickup is the most exciting of the new models coming. Small trucks are cool. Not ideal for a real work truck, but for occasional hauling it's perfect. Old Jeep trucks are some of the coolest looking trucks ever, just look at this thing. Hope the Gladiator gets some unique styling from the Wrangler JL.

e0c39526db9bcf76fde1f287494711b2.jpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TXmotoXGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hemi Durango
What do y'all think the likelihood is of the JT having the manual transmission as an option?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What do y'all think the likelihood is of the JT having the manual transmission as an option?
I think the odds are good, as it would remain a differentiator, but I think the odds are equal that it will still be matted to the Pentastar and not the diesel because of torque limits and to re-use parts from the JL bin to keep costs in line.

However if they get a proper tougher manual transmission like the bigger tremec and getrag transmissions and popped in behind the diesel, I think it would sell like crazy.
But what would be a great seller doesn't always become reality as seen in the lack of a Hemi in the JK.

Hokieneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR
I just want to see the JT with a Rhino front end in orange crush! And if it has a diesel under the hood I am in! Wonder if someone could do a mock up:fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I can not wait till this thing is in my driveway. I hope to have the 1st one in my area.

Looks like the wheels base is a bit longer. I hope this helps the towing capacity. If they squeeze out 5,000 i'll need to go buy a bigger trailer.

JTman

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
I can not wait till this thing is in my driveway. I hope to have the 1st one in my area.

Looks like the wheels base is a bit longer. I hope this helps the towing capacity. If they squeeze out 5,000 i'll need to go buy a bigger trailer.
Same here. Can't believe after all these years of begging for one we're finally gonna get it. Assuming we get 2 and 4 door versions which one will you be getting?

BTW nice to see we got our own site for the pickup!

Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Does anybody else think the rear overhang is about 6" too long? Something about the proportions seem off to me.

Joe Camel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Charger, Planning for JLU
Does anybody else think the rear overhang is about 6" too long? Something about the proportions seem off to me.
Bed length is one of those damned if you do damned if you don't things. Make it shorter and it might be too short for some people's uses, too long and it might be overkill for most people's uses and possibly look awkward.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Same here. Can't believe after all these years of begging for one we're finally gonna get it. Assuming we get 2 and 4 door versions which one will you be getting?

BTW nice to see we got our own site for the pickup!
It all depends. If the 2 door has a much bigger bed than I will be shooting for the 2 door. If the beds are the same I haven't made up my mind yet. I love the 2 door that I have now but I am planning on using the Gladiator as a camper for extended stays in our National Parks. I would love a removable aftermarket hardtop that would cover from windshield to tailgate. That would make camper life so much better.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yessss can't wait!! So much potential just look at it next to the awesome Crew Chief. Similar shape, proportions and size. Just needs some big fat tires. And please give us a dark green color like that! Has Jeep ever offered a factory matte or satin color?
I would love that matte green. If I could order it today in that color I would be at the dealership this am.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Bed length is one of those damned if you do damned if you don't things. Make it shorter and it might be too short for some people's uses, too long and it might be overkill for most people's uses and possibly look awkward.
Whats throwing it off visually is that its missing the lower part of the bed that will cover the exhaust. Once it has that the overhang won't look as bad.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
It all depends. If the 2 door has a much bigger bed than I will be shooting for the 2 door. If the beds are the same I haven't made up my mind yet. I love the 2 door that I have now but I am planning on using the Gladiator as a camper for extended stays in our National Parks. I would love a removable aftermarket hardtop that would cover from windshield to tailgate. That would make camper life so much better.
I was just thinking about that this weekend. Imagine a hard top that looks like that JL's that goes from windshield to tailgate with ambulance style doors. Then throw on a full-length safari rack for additional storage. Would be bad ass.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Big reason why Crew Chief looks better proportioned than the JT prototype is the size of the tires. Such a big vehicle like the JT needs big tires/wheels to balance it out. The factory tires look kinda dwarfed by the JT. Look at how good the Brute AEV's with big fat tires look....

BruteDoubleCab-AEVHemi-Black-1.jpg

4cefa90f5c02847204301458ce8d1e03.jpg

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Here comes my dumb question -- can we get half doors?
Sponsored