Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Pickup Truck (JT) Spy Pics and Videos!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Each time I look at these pictures, I can’t get over how OFF the proportions are in the truck bed as it relates to the centerline is the wheel. The rear overhang is so long! Forget departure angle, I’m talking just about looks right now...the brute and bruiser conversations are spot on in my opinion...I’m trying to get myself to not care about the bed so much...but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me right now....CRAP!!!!!
Fingers crossed the test mules don't have the real box on them..... .we'll know end of this month
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
So... The tail lights will be different than the JL huh?

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
So... The tail lights will be different than the JL huh?
Definitely looks like a taller housing than the JL. I guess we will know in less than three weeks. Would be interesting if they did go with a different setup. Possibly a narrower and taller taillight to allow for a wider tailgate.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Definitely looks like a taller housing than the JL. I guess we will know in less than three weeks. Would be interesting if they did go with a different setup. Possibly a narrower and taller taillight to allow for a wider tailgate.
Or maybe its still not the final bed so it has different taillights! (Highly unlikely.)

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or maybe its still not the final bed so it has different taillights! (Highly unlikely.)
I'm guessing they made the JT tail lights more vertical and narrow to allow widening of the rear gate...

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for the MI video clip! Looking close at start of pic (0:05), that hood seems to really have a big bulge on it! And, anyone notice the yellow tag on the camo cover? "JT-0015" That means there are at least 15 of these built! Remember that photo with the stack of JT frames we saw a few months ago... :)

Good observation @Billy and I think @Wraith nailed it - narrower tail lights = wider tailgate. Look back at the CAD drawings of the body...that tail light opening is at least 30 - 40% taller than the opening for a JL.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Wouldn't surprise me if they are not close to or a spin off of the new 2019 Ram 1500 tail lights, especially if they are planning on a mid-size ram in the future.

Also thanks for posting the video!

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
I would be okay with this not being the final bed. I say shorten it up some or stretch the wheelbase another 4-6 inches.

Proportions are off to me...just saying. AEV/Bruiser FTW!

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I would be okay with this not being the final bed. I say shorten it up some or stretch the wheelbase another 4-6 inches.

I’m going to speculate that the rear axle is pushed forward so that the differential doesn’t make contact with the spare tire. There has to be some reason, otherwise you’re correct.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to speculate that the rear axle is pushed forward so that the differential doesn’t make contact with the spare tire. There has to be some reason, otherwise you’re correct.
That's a pretty good observation. I'm good with the overhang, to keep the wheelbase reasonable for turning radius.

I've heard a rumor that there's plenty of room under there for a 35" spare...

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

Why even get a truck if the bed is less than 5'6"? I say put a 8' bed on this truck so I can get some work done.

That's a pretty good observation. I'm good with the overhang, to keep the wheelbase reasonable for turning radius.

I've heard a rumor that there's plenty of room under there for a 35" spare...
I would bet that the Rubi will fit a 35" under the bed for sure. Although if the payload os only going to be 1400 Ill be running with no spare most of the time.

devwil68

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK | 5.9 Ram Mega Cab | 69 Camaro | 4Runner | Camaro SS 1LE
Why even get a truck if the bed is less than 5'6"? I say put a 8' bed on this truck so I can get some work done.

I would bet that the Rubi will fit a 35" under the bed for sure. Although if the payload os only going to be 1400 Ill be running with no spare most of the time.
This truck won’t get “real” work done. You need a “real” truck to get “real” work done. This is a get around town commuter pickup. Let’s not get too excited about what it will and won’t be able to do. No big trailers or campers will be behind this rig or hauling big loads of rock/etc. buy yourself a cummins if that’s the case! Lol.
Sponsored